Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapZero

12-20-2012

Aw, I bought lee sin 2 weeks and a few day ago lol.

civ

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
for some reason im getting the feeling that 7800 for only the first week isn't going to be rule of thumb forever.

im okay with it, for now though, but i can kinda see writing on the wall at least given the track record.
It's probably won't get much worse than that. Pretty sure Riot is just trying to capitalize on champion release hype with the increased price in hopes of pushing more people to buy them with RP.

Thanatos Noa

12-20-2012

Hippalus!

I'm hoping that the refunds are going to be retroactive as you change pricing?
Or are you doing it just for this week? If not, would submitting a support ticket resolve a pricing issue?
Thanks!

(Quick example: a 3150IP/790RP gets reduced but you bought it recently, you get the change back?)

Crsh

12-20-2012

great changes

these are welcomed by me

Daen

12-20-2012

Hippalus,

This is a fantastic change. Out of curiosity does this change lose Riot a bit of revenue, gain revenue, or stay roughly the same?

Whichever it is, thanks for pushing this through! Prices don't matter to me as long as they are reasonable, but the pricing system has never made sense to me and has thus been frustrating.

Cheers!
Mr T

Sethusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Glad to see a uniform plan with actually times set in place. This makes a lot of sense. The higher first week IP price isn't so bad either. A week really isn't that long to wait for 6300ip if that's a breaking point for you.

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I told you, I told you all that pricing would increase.

Yeah it's "first week only" but mark my words, this will become permanent within 1 or 2 years time.

I TOLD YOU PRICING INCREASES WOULD HAPPEN

FlashjackCh3m

12-20-2012

I love you Hippa

Lord Pudding Cup

12-20-2012

@Reds, Does this mean the out of whack prices for Champions that are 3150 IP but 975 RP will finally be fixed?!?!?!?!?!? If So WHEN?!?!?!

kezarah

12-20-2012

oh man I was just about to get brand and vlad too with leona and yorik next on my list after. Lol and those 2 are next in line to be reduced this couldn't have come at a better time thanks riot.