Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion concept] The cursed blade (No name yet, i take suggestions :P)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ambir

12-20-2012

Hi, this is my second champion creation. With this champion, i've been trying to create a ranged carry that could be built either ap or ad. For now, i find him kinda unbalanced so and suggestion to make him more balanced are welcomed.

Lore:
The cursed blade was not always what he is now. He used to be a very lucky guy who had everything for himself. He grew up in a rich family, far away from any lack of any kind. All that abundance drew to his family envy and edventually a disaster happenned. A witch took interest in the handsome man he was, but he turned her down in favor of another woman. Swearing under her breath, she cursed him, inverting his luck and making him the unluckiest man he could be. He lost everything and swore he would avenge himself. Tracking her through valoran, he edventually came across her and slew her, sticking a dagger into her heart. Then a strange thing happenned. Instead of lifting the curse, the murder locked it into the man, changing him forever and bounding him to the blades he carried at that time. He is now known as the cursed blade, a mercenary that take money for bounty hunting.

The cursed blade joined the league for all the money and influence he could gain from it, and also for an agreement he stuck with the summoners that he hope, will help him lift the curse he is a victim of.

--------------------

Stats:

Damage: 47.2 (+3 / per level)
Health: 350 (+80 / per level)
Mana: 235 (+45 / per level)
Move Speed: 330
Armor: 12(+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block: 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen: 5.5 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen: 7 (+0.65 / per level)

--------------------

Abilities:

Passive - Hexblades
Basic attacks and abilities apply hex stack on their target. Hex stack reduce target's armor and magic resist by 5%. It stacks up to 5 times and last 6 seconds.

Q - Double throw - Cooldown: 3 second - Mana cost: 40
Passive: 5/10/15/20/25 bonus attack damage.
Active: Next basic attack deals (0.5 ap scaling) bonus magic damage and (full ad, including base ad) physical damage.

W - Wall of blades - Cooldown: 15/14.5/13.5/13/12.5 second - Mana cost: 90 mana - Range: 950
This ability works exactly like cho gath rupture (cost, range, wide), but it instead create a wall of blade that is exactly like veigar stun (it has the shape of it, by no mean does it stuns...) and has a slightly shorter delay (0.75 second) . The wall knockback ennemies toward the outside, dealing 25/50/75/100/125 + (0.75 ap scaling) bonus magic damage and slowing them for 25% that decay over 2.5 seconds. The wall lasts 1 second.

E - Flurry of blades - Cooldown: 9/7.5/6/4.5/3 second Mana cost: 60 mana - Range: 600
Send 4 blades in a cone in front of the cursed blade, dealing 30/60/90/120/150 + (1 ap scaling) magic damage and applying a on-hit effect + (full ad including base ad) physical damage to ennemy they hit. The skill is very similar to ashe volley, but is less wide since it has only 4 blades.

R - Stitch and shread - Cooldown: 60 second - Mana cost: 100 mana
Passive - 10/20/30/40/50 % bonus attack speed
Active: Basic attack apply stitched blade stacks for a duration of 10 seconds. Those stacks slow ennemies for 5/7.5/10% of their movespeed and stack up to 5 times.

Reactivating the ability on a target with stacks consume the stacks (negating the slow) and deals 10/25/40 + (0.3 ap scaling) magic damage and (0.2 ad scaling) physical damage per stacks. (At 5 stacks this deals 50/100/200 + (1.5 ap scaling) magic damage and (1.0 ad scaling) physical damage)

Killing the target with this ability refresh Stitch and Shread's cooldown.

--------------------

I took ezreal base stats, since he is the champion whose concept is the closest to mine. Abilities that are noted similar to other abilities have similar mana cost and range. Now, for the cooldowns, I made Q spamable in early game, and E spamable in late game. W is strong so it has a long cooldown throughout the game.

Originaly, attack speed passive was on the E and the ultimate was giving passive slow with the possibility to activate it again and shread target for a lot of damage. I mage this change to make it more balanced, but i dont know if it's good enough as it is now.

I also tought about removing mana from this champion and instead give him an ability system that would work with daggers. The cursed blade would generate a blade each second and each time he did an auto-attack to a maximum of 6. Double throw would use 1 dagger, wall of blades would use 4 daggers, flurry of blades would use 4 daggers and refund 1 dagger for each on-hit effect triggered, and activating the ultimate would use 1 dagger for each stitch dagger stack. Shreading target would refund a number of dagger equal to the number of stacks on target.

Please rate and comment, any constructive criticism is welcomed!

The5lacker

12-20-2012

Name suggestion: Gary Stu.

Dzanio

12-20-2012

Lore: Poor guy, sort of a selfish trundle.

Passive: I’d make this % pen, not flat pen; flat pen is too OP, also, since it’s a shred I would reduce the max possible to 20-25%. If you want flat pen it should max out at about 10, especially considering it’s a shred. Could try a hybrid of % and flat; early game the flat would be too much.

Q: Auto attack reset; balance is highly item dependent. I would point out that unless you run flat AD Runes/Quints this won’t do any damage until he has purchased items. I would prefer some base damage, and lower scaling.

W: So the ability is a self combo; knockback into stun + dmg? Seems over powered, should require at least 2 moves.

E: Would like this to be physical damage, and scale off AD; what’s the point of his passive and q passive if his abilities don’t scale off it?

R: Damage seems low, and cd high for the benefits it gives; several possibilities for buffs ranging from short cds to on kill/assist resets.

General Comments: I don’t like the hybrid nature of the kit; I think it benefits more from being pure AD, or at most pure AD, with w scaling off AP since it’s more of a magical ability.
Champ might work better as an energy based character.

Ambir

12-20-2012

For the passive, point taken, i'll make change to % and make it stack only 5 time max.

For the Q, the bonus damage counts your base ad, like gangplank bullet i think, thing is that I just didnt want to give it double on-hit effect since it made ulti too powerfull before i made changes to it... I am considering to move it back to double on-hit effect (basically double basic attack damage)

W -> The wall dont stun, it just knockback, it's just that it has the shape of veigar stun. In fact, damage is supposed to be nonexistant if you don't go ap.

E -> When i say on-hit effect, I want it to be like if you hit with an auto-attack, meaning that your full ad (including base ad) scales into it.

R -> I'll look into it, I dont want it to become too strong, but it's true it's a little underpowered... Should i remove attack speed boost and instead revert it to passive slow and huge nuke that scales out of it?

Hoping that this can solve the balance problems you saw... If you could help me to get it wrote down properly, would be really appreciated.

Moby the White

12-22-2012

Quote:
Ambir:

Lore:
The cursed blade was not always what he is now. He used to be a very lucky guy who had everything for himself. He grew up in a rich family, far away from any lack of any kind. All that abundance drew to his family envy and edventually a disaster happenned. A witch took interest in the handsome man he was, but he turned her down in favor of another woman. Swearing under her breath, she cursed him, inverting his luck and making him the unluckiest man he could be. He lost everything and swore he would avenge himself. Tracking her through valoran, he edventually came across her and slew her, sticking a dagger into her heart. Then a strange thing happenned. Instead of lifting the curse, the murder locked it into the man, changing him forever and bounding him to the blades he carried at that time. He is now known as the cursed blade, a mercenary that take money for bounty hunting.

The cursed blade joined the league for all the money and influence he could gain from it, and also for an agreement he stuck with the summoners that he hope, will help him lift the curse he is a victim of.

--------------------

So I am here to review your Lore as per Dzanio's page I have a deal he does balance I do lore.

So when I first read this (yes I read it more than once), my first thought was Beauty and the Beast gone sour. In this theme that you have established we have an obvious antagonist who gets rejected by our protagonist of sorts and so she curses him. Nothing to see here fairly simple. In fact I was so consumed by the traditional cannon that when you suddenly made it a permanent curse I was quite taken aback. I thought it was a nice twist to the classic plot, but I felt the final delivery lacked a bang. Overall your motivation for joining the league was anti-thematic. This mans main reasoning should have been to remove the curse. This is should be his primary focus. The man is already rich but no where does it say he is greedy. I think rather than have his family struck with envy you would be better to say he is struck with an overwhelming greed. In addition, I caught some minor spelling and grammar errors, you may want to proofread this again for those errors. Also careful with your spacings I noticed a few combined words.

Dzanio

12-23-2012

Quote:
Ambir:
For the passive, point taken, i'll make change to % and make it stack only 5 time max.

For the Q, the bonus damage counts your base ad, like gangplank bullet i think, thing is that I just didnt want to give it double on-hit effect since it made ulti too powerfull before i made changes to it... I am considering to move it back to double on-hit effect (basically double basic attack damage)

W -> The wall dont stun, it just knockback, it's just that it has the shape of veigar stun. In fact, damage is supposed to be nonexistant if you don't go ap.

E -> When i say on-hit effect, I want it to be like if you hit with an auto-attack, meaning that your full ad (including base ad) scales into it.

R -> I'll look into it, I dont want it to become too strong, but it's true it's a little underpowered... Should i remove attack speed boost and instead revert it to passive slow and huge nuke that scales out of it?

Hoping that this can solve the balance problems you saw... If you could help me to get it wrote down properly, would be really appreciated.

You talk here as if the q and e abilities scaled off of AD, I would like to point out that the ability description says they scale off of AP.

This is part of the reason for my concern about the w ability, which scales of AP; currently your champ looks like an AP tank, w/ a random passive.