Very slow...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexKunSanSama

10-14-2010

I know there have been other topics on the fact that the Mac Beta runs at very slow FPS compared to running it in Bootcamp, but has there been any progress in fixing this? It's pretty annoying having my FPS drop from 30 (which is low compared to bootcamp) to 5, kinda makes it impossible to play. Also the invisible heroes, are you guys working on that too? It's pretty inconvenient, but at least playable.

Vitah3rb

10-15-2010

Try running it in windowed mode vs non windowed mode, and mixing up your video specs. The FPS issues should be resolved soon (I believe it's a nVidia problem right now)

AlexKunSanSama

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitah3rb View Post
Try running it in windowed mode vs non windowed mode, and mixing up your video specs. The FPS issues should be resolved soon (I believe it's a nVidia problem right now)
The problem with windowed mode is that when I move the screen, my mouse goes outside of the client, so then I end up clicking outside there which can totally **** you over in a gank escape or something. Would like to avoid stupid deaths D:

Flame of Udun

10-16-2010

My game is running really slow too, its making last hitting harddd. I'm not jumpy, it runs smooth, just sloww...like 2 second delay on everything i do. Kind of lame.

ReverendSchu

10-16-2010

I have frame rate issues too, but it's not horrible. With all the settings at default, I typically stay at 15 fps or so.

Do the devs think this is a beta issue that will be worked out, or is this something that just comes with the way mac graphics drivers work?

(included hardware info just in case)

Flame of Udun

10-17-2010

bump

tys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

mine used to be slow but now its generally 50fps, after getting gradually faster the more i played. so try playing more and maybe yours will get miraculously faster

xKoBiEx

10-18-2010

Although what tys says doesn't seem completely logical, it is somewhat true. I am getting 50-60 fps on very high settings for champs/effects with no shadow. It is dipping to 30 fps during intensive teamfights. Considering my old PC is getting 30 fps on very low settings and dipping to 20 fps during teamfights, I will gladly live with this.

However, the Harrowing map variant will definitely need a couple run-throughs on max settings against bots so we can explore the fantastic scenery a bit!

I am running a mid 2009 MBP 3.06 GHz w/ 4 GB RAM and 9600GT video. The mobile card runs these settings moderately slower....maxing about 40 fps.