Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why people think Vi is OP/UP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

supernova77

12-21-2012

Quote:
supernova77:
Vi out already!? I guess my work timing must have it late buy for me :-(
Lol... That's good observation... Although i might disagree on farming part... Based on spotlight video i guess vi can equally harass and farm but this is just my pre buy assumption

I m bit concerned abt the w ability... How long does it remain on one hit before it disappears?

Quote:
Gankhìs Khan:

Yes Vi is out already.
The farming is bad if you last hit. Her passive to increase her attack speed is if she gets 3 hits on the same target; which would effectively push a lane, leaving her open for ganks.

Her W ability I think it's 2-3 seconds until the circle disappears underneath the target.

yup... bought her played her.... and wow... 10 mins into the game(AI) i had 26 cs. And this was almost every game.
I love her skill set but the last hitting on minion is difficult

i just feel her
- Q has lil high cd... so i had to stack cdr and sacrifice phage/FM.. bummer
- W has quiet high AD ratio
- W might be lacking cc something like slow debuff may be on 2nd time use
- HP/armr is not that great early game
- late game very very strong

but the game goes good if Vi has some supportive dps like blitz-Vi is awesome... even nasus-vi combo was hell.

I hope Riot reviews certain of these things

Beaumains

12-22-2012

I agree that she's strong, and that it's too soon to say whether she's OP/UP. She looks a lot like a melee supercarry, on the order of Old School Tryn, because of her armor shred + AS buff + proc. If Riot wants that, she needs more survivability; if Riot wants her to be a bruiser/fighter type, then she shouldn't have anything that encourages auto-attacking a lot. Something like Jarvan's passive is perfectly fine, but a repeat proc every 3rd hit (does it stack?) looks more like Jax & Xin, who were once listed as melee carries. In other words, having Denting Blows proc on her abilities (and/or as a straight-up active) would be terrific for a bruiser/fighter, and having it proc on her attacks would be fantastic for a carry.

sinfulapotamkin

12-22-2012

Quote:
Alphaohtwo:
You could almost replace Vi with Diana in these sentences, and yet...she was nerfed, nerfed again, and then Nerfed into oblivion.

she was nerfed so hard because people whine to much. i used to play with her and she was a great champ IF you knew how to play her. when i played against her i just counter picked her and she was rendered basically usless. honestly im getting pretty tired of people yelling for nerfs the second they die and they feel they shouldnt. if your losing every time you play a champ ,and havent tried new ways to beat him/her, then dont complain. if your first way doesnt work against said champ and you get pissed off every time, try a new way. if you refuse to try a new way then you deserve to die and i honestly refuse to care if you scream and cry for a nerf.

Yuan Shikai

12-22-2012

She is counterpicked by almost any inherently tanky top, there are several champs who stomp her ridiculously hard, Garen is one of the hardest coutners she can imagine to have.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-22-2012

Vi doesnt snowball that bad, people just don't know how to deal with fed fighters for some reason. You actually have to hold down Tab and think for a few seconds

Sukinato

12-30-2012

i got vi and im loving it but not good for solo top without ganks xD

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

12-30-2012

It rules so hard playing fizz and dodging her ult.

footfoe

12-30-2012

she's new, and people are dumb.

thats why.