Why people think Vi is OP/UP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Im Blind

12-19-2012

Vi isn't OP. Vi isn't UP. Vi is very very balanced.

I think people are upset that they see people playing top lane and losing to a Vi. This is normal. She is JUST released. Some people don't know how to counter her/dodge her Q.
Yes. she does a lot of damage IF she gets a successful combo on you.
Wukong can clone; a Vi wastes her ult on that or Q and wukong is safe. Maybe even can get the upperhand and win.

Team fights; Vi is only good if she's positioned well. If she's surrounded/inner she won't get max damage output. if She's on the edge. Then yes.
Another thing is; is that her Q isn't that great of an escape. It slows you. I got caught trying to escape by a stun; and by that time my Q disappeared and I was forced to flash.

Vi is OP:
Vi is OP now because no one knows how to counter her. Vi gets fed; and snowballs. This happens to all new champs. People complain and complain until it's an unusable champion. Stop. Wait a few days. People will figure out how to beat Vi easily.

Vi is UP:
No she is not. She is perfect 1v1. She gets destroyed by CC true; but she has ways of escaping with her Q if needed. She can't get farm, she's an aggressive champion. IF you don't know how to be that aggressive then don't play her.

Vi issues:
Vi has issues farming. Laning top lane with someone who can harass and such (like teemo/chogath)
Vi is a single-target champion. Her ult doesn't do the same as Malphite; similar since she can knock people out of the way, but it's on 1 target. She's an anti-carry champion. Many champions like her.

Champions that counter Vi:
Akali/Riven/Cho/Teemo/Yorick/Anyone with a harass/higher natural tankiness. IF PLAYED WELL. I don't want you telling me; a Teemo can't counter a vi because Vi just uses her Q and knocks teemo around. You can see when Vi uses her Q.. back up; Use your W if you have to escape.

Playing against Vi in ranked:
If you are playing ranked; enemy has a Vi. Counter pick top/jungle. If you need help top, get your jungler to help. If you know Vi is hard to beat.. Ban her.

Playing against Vi in normal:
Before I get flamed at for saying "It's just a normal game". If you take LoL normal games seriously please don't. Normal games are for fun. If you want to play LoL seriously; go play ranked.

Cheers! Wait it out for a few days.. Vi won't seem so OP. Too many people are excited because it's a new champion.

supernova77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Vi out already!? I guess my work timing must have it late buy for me :-(
Lol... That's good observation... Although i might disagree on farming part... Based on spotlight video i guess vi can equally harass and farm but this is just my pre buy assumption

I m bit concerned abt the w ability... How long does it remain on one hit before it disappears?

Bob the bomber

12-19-2012

Well I mean when you look at the stats, she has higher AD ratios than Zed.

She is suppose to be a mele-bruiser and she has higher AD ratios than AD caster assassin?

Not to mention that she has a shield passive, which gives her less risk to do more damage than zed.

So I would say that she is a bit over powered right now

Im Blind

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the bomber View Post
Well I mean when you look at the stats, she has higher AD ratios than Zed.

She is suppose to be a mele-bruiser and she has higher AD ratios than AD caster assassin?

Not to mention that she has a shield passive, which gives her less risk to do more damage than zed.

So I would say that she is a bit over powered right now
I agree with you. but AD Caster Assassin.
Zed has more harass than Vi.. if a Vi gets close to you (like any other melee champion can.. Jax/Darius/Riven) You will be hurt; if you can keep your distance with champs and harass you have less scaling.

Her passive shield is a bit over the top yes. But that's if you have a lot of HP. I do agree that it should be lowered; but the cooldown is around 15 seconds and vi has to HIT something with an ability.. so she can't just escape with it when ignited.

She isn't really overpowered. It depends on who plays it. I just beat a Vi top lane as Olaf. Axe harassed; and whenever she comes close I W + E and Q her and auto attack her down. She isn't that OP as some people say. Vi missed 90% of her Q's.. It's a matter of knowing how to dodge it. It's a new champion so people may not be used to it yet. But I have already played with/against her on PBE around 1-2 weeks ago. So I know her extensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova77 View Post
Vi out already!? I guess my work timing must have it late buy for me :-(
Lol... That's good observation... Although i might disagree on farming part... Based on spotlight video i guess vi can equally harass and farm but this is just my pre buy assumption

I m bit concerned abt the w ability... How long does it remain on one hit before it disappears?
Yes Vi is out already.
The farming is bad if you last hit. Her passive to increase her attack speed is if she gets 3 hits on the same target; which would effectively push a lane, leaving her open for ganks.

Her W ability I think it's 2-3 seconds until the circle disappears underneath the target.

Reiji Ozora

12-19-2012

Definitely agree that she's an AD caster assassin.
Definitely agree that it is hard to farm with her.
Personally, I think her shield's a bit underpowered (8 seconds to activate and it doesn't seem to be affected by CDR?)

Kevindicator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankhýs Khan View Post
Yes Vi is out already.
The farming is bad if you last hit. Her passive to increase her attack speed is if she gets 3 hits on the same target; which would effectively push a lane, leaving her open for ganks.

Her W ability I think it's 2-3 seconds until the circle disappears underneath the target.
I played a game as Nasus top, and this does hold true. I ignored her and just kept last hitting, keep the minions at my turret. She had great dueling potential, but I see any champion with medium health and some sustain as a decent counter, provided they can take advantage of the farm (either level boost or items).

Snowball champions, essentially.

Edit: Wanted to add, her shield was pretty annoying.

C2K123

12-20-2012

Vi is OP/UP because she is new and no one has really mastered playing her/playing against her yet.

Brokestar

12-20-2012

Quote:
I think people are upset that they see people playing top lane and losing to a Vi. This is normal. She is JUST released. Some people don't know how to counter her/dodge her Q.

Vi is OP:
Vi is OP now because no one knows how to counter her. Vi gets fed; and snowballs. This happens to all new champs. People complain and complain until it's an unusable champion. Stop. Wait a few days. People will figure out how to beat Vi easily.

You could almost replace Vi with Diana in these sentences, and yet...she was nerfed, nerfed again, and then Nerfed into oblivion.

YGY818

12-20-2012

Actually Vi isnt in the ban list yet...

Misses Riven

12-20-2012

Quote:
Vi isn't OP. Vi isn't UP. Vi is very very balanced.

Wukong can clone; a Vi wastes her ult on that or Q and wukong is safe. Maybe even can get the upperhand and win.

Team fights; Vi is only good if she's positioned well. If she's surrounded/inner she won't get max damage output. if She's on the edge. Then yes.
Another thing is; is that her Q isn't that great of an escape. It slows you. I got caught trying to escape by a stun; and by that time my Q disappeared and I was forced to flash.

Vi is OP:

Vi is UP:
No she is not. She is perfect 1v1. She gets destroyed by CC true; but she has ways of escaping with her Q if needed. She can't get farm, she's an aggressive champion. IF you don't know how to be that aggressive then don't play her.

Vi issues:
Vi has issues farming. Laning top lane with someone who can harass and such (like teemo/chogath)
Vi is a single-target champion. Her ult doesn't do the same as Malphite; similar since she can knock people out of the way, but it's on 1 target. She's an anti-carry champion. Many champions like her.

Champions that counter Vi:
Akali/Riven/Cho/Teemo/Yorick/Anyone with a harass/higher natural tankiness. IF PLAYED WELL. I don't want you telling me; a Teemo can't counter a vi because Vi just uses her Q and knocks teemo around. You can see when Vi uses her Q.. back up; Use your W if you have to escape.

Playing against Vi in ranked:
If you are playing ranked; enemy has a Vi. Counter pick top/jungle. If you need help top, get your jungler to help. If you know Vi is hard to beat.. Ban her.

Playing against Vi in normal:
Before I get flamed at for saying "It's just a normal game". If you take LoL normal games seriously please don't. Normal games are for fun. If you want to play LoL seriously; go play ranked.

Cheers! Wait it out for a few days.. Vi won't seem so OP. Too many people are excited because it's a new champion.
You are awful presumptuous to know all about her and if she's balanced or not for only being out a day. You are no better than those claiming she is OP/UP. No one knows the positioning of her viability.