Roles.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aliqui

12-19-2012

Tired of queuing for any type of match and not getting the role you want to play?
Tired of queuing for a match and having to force someone to play a role they are bad at and losing because of this?

Simple fix: Riot needs to implement a role selection before queuing. check for what roles you are willing to play, and the system automatically puts together a team with every role possible. This not only ensures a decent team composition, but keeps people playing the meta.

charley29

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliqui View Post
Tired of queuing for any type of match and not getting the role you want to play?
Tired of queuing for a match and having to force someone to play a role they are bad at and losing because of this?

Simple fix: Riot needs to implement a role selection before queuing. check for what roles you are willing to play, and the system automatically puts together a team with every role possible. This not only ensures a decent team composition, but keeps people playing the meta.
WoW is working with a system like that and its doing wonders. Yes long Q times for DPS but hey, u get what you want in the end

Aliqui

12-19-2012

Yeah I used to play WoW. I'm surprised Riot has not implemented this yet.

Causing Panic

12-19-2012

The only downside i can think of this that might stop riot from adding this type of queing system is $$$

People now have to buy champs for roles they dont want to play just incase they are forced to play them. meaning if all someone wanted to do was adc then they wouldnt be as inclined to buy rp to buy other type of champions, since there are only so many adcs

but i do love this idea, ive seen it posted alot and wish riot would make it

Aliqui

12-19-2012

@causing panic I just don't believe it's that deep.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-19-2012

What I hear here and on reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends is that Riot says they won't do this because it enforces the meta, which they don't want to do. Anyone have a link to that Red post? My google-fu is weak.

Personally, I think it would be a fantastic idea and I have to assume that either A) it's really hard to code (maybe communication between the launcher client and the game client is complicated?) or B) people are right and that they really don't want us to be able to do this.

Causing Panic

12-19-2012

Its always about the money, ALWAYS haha

KnightxSScarlett

12-19-2012

This idea so original. I don't even.

Candentis

12-19-2012

This is now a Rammus thread. There are 3 other threads exactly like this on the front page, and our original way of dealing with them isn't working.

Ok.

PogoPogoPogoPogo