Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most frustrating matchups

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

12-19-2012

Quote:
Aqualisk:
Poke vs. melee is frustrating.

However I would like to say that the answer poke comps is to simply commit to a fight early before they have a chance to poke you down too low. I find that when I ARAM with 2 or 3 friends we can successfully beat poke teams if we're dominantly melee. When I solo ARAM though it's a different story and convincing people it's a good idea to go in is usually near impossible.

Pretty much this.

Getting a team of randoms to commit into a fight before they can poke us down is basically impossible, so it's a slow grind to defeat.

Having said that, I don't think there's an item or mechanic you can put in the game that makes your teammates realize how to win. :P

Treeke

12-19-2012

Most frustrating match-ups?

My team: Rammus, sejuani, olaf, tryndamere, and nunu.

Against: Lux, Ziggs, Malphite, nidalee, heimerdinger.

Magni

12-19-2012

Quote:
rabidzombie2015:
Short Range/Melee vs. Entirely poke comp games are easily the most frustrating, one-sided games I play.

This. In addition, if the poke team can also waveclear and your short-range team cannot, you're doubly f*cked.

Kavrae

12-19-2012

While I hate to restate the obvious, Melee vs Poke is one of the biggest problems with the game mode. Healing champs were a bit of a problem, but I feel like that's been resolved.

Individual champions: Nidalee, Heimerdinger, AP Yi, Lux, Katarina. EDIT : Forgot Jayce

As was already mentioned, I believe a gap-closing item with magic resist would solve this. What I'm afraid of, though, is making a mandatory item for all melee champs. It would also need to be gap closing only and not allow escape; so enemy targeting.

junseii

12-19-2012

I'm not sure any items could balance out poor luck in terms of team comps, such as the mentioned all short range vs all long range/poke.

But certain champs that can be a major problem and tip the odds too heavily in one teams favor like AP Yi, Nidalee, and Lux.

Boyahda

12-19-2012

Some heroes are just broken on this map while some are flat out near unplayable. Poke heroes are always at a premium. The problem is chalice of harmony combined with the increased mana regen on PG in my opinion. It's just to strong on heroes like Nidalee which gives them infinite sustain and massive poke. I would silently rage to myself when my teammates who randomed poke heroes didn't take chalice. The lack of Force of Nature really hurts because it provided everything you need to weather some of the poke.

However, I think the most op thing in ARAM is a decent Zyra that starts chalice. Dear god it's the easiest thing in the world because you can literally outpoke an entire team forever just by yourself while providing infinite utility (instant waveclear) and team fight presence.

It just feels like chalice is to strong and should be removed. With its removal, poke heroes actually have to time their poke instead of just spamming just because you will have all your mana back in 10 seconds anyway.

Mirror

12-19-2012

With regard to anti-poke, I think the glaring need is for a cheaper Banshee's Veil-type stepping stone, akin to Hexdrinker's relationship to Maw. Some kind of 1200 - 1600 item that gives a spell block every 25.

Something like:

Ruby Crystal (475)
Sapphire Crystal (400)
Null-Magic Mantle (400)
+ 125 upgrade cost
= 1400 for Baby Banshee's, which you could then upgrade into full Banshee's or whatevs.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

12-19-2012

Poke vs no poke.
I hate being Melee champs with no gap closer pre6

Kavrae

12-19-2012

Removing Chalice would be an interesting change worth considering.

junseii

12-19-2012

Quote:
Kavrae:
Removing Chalice would be an interesting change worth considering.

That certainly would, it would cut down on the poking power of the champs listed in the thread dramatically.

However, it cuts out one of AP's few MR items.