Alternate Resource Champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

12-20-2012

Thank you so much for working hard on this Nome, we really appreciate it! more viable dominion champs makes for a much better experience for everyone.

If you could spare some time, do you have any thoughts on any of the numerous threads about overpowered champions and how to deal with them?

FDru

12-20-2012

Rengar "didn't suck" for a period of exactly one patch (when his jump was made to land directly on the target and roar cast time was removed), and has been garbage for the entire rest of the time. He needs help but it has nothing to do with his resource. He's just flawed design and that shows if you just look at how people build him pure tank on SR (or did... since that last heal nerf probably completely destroyed him as a champ).

Renekton's issues aren't so much about resource generation as the fact that he requires it for everything and never has enough of it, even with his ultimate. His cooldowns are huge and his abilities are too weak without Fury. If he has shorter c/ds, or better scaling he would be better off since currently he does no damage if he builds tanky and dies instantly while not really doing much damage if he builds glass cannon. He's too reliant on CDR and Fury and not rewarded enough for building AD. His ultimate sucks, btw... just compare it to Nasus'. Same cooldown, same HP boost, roughly the same damage AOE, Nasus gets massive amounts of AD which is awesome and Renekton gets 75 fury over 15 seconds which is complete ass. In fact both of them could use a huge chunk off the c/d of their ults at least (but Renekton needs it more).

Harvester

12-21-2012

I still strongly recommend the following change for Renekton's E, "Slice and Dice":
"Dice" costs 50 fury if it is cast while Renekton has at least 50 fury. If "Dice" does not hit any enemies, then it does not cost any fury.
This way Renekton will be able to improve his positioning while preserving some fury OR take advantage of the armor shred at the cost of fury.

DiscworldDeath

12-22-2012

Nome, I tried Renekton in a couple of AI games and noticed something.

If my rage begins decaying, and I take a health relic, my rage keeps on decaying.

This isn't as much of an issue in bot lane, but could taking relics also stop rage decay for Renekton/Tryndamere? It'd help them a lot top lane, especially Renekton as he's binary - anything under 50 is the same as 0.

konfetarius

12-22-2012

I super strongly suspect that this is related to an in-combat state trigger, which would mean this change screw over stuff like MF or mobility boots.

Would be nice, though.

BADBOY FLYGIRL

12-22-2012

I've played a bit of Shyvana pre- and post-fury buffs and I'm not convinced that generating more on-hit is the bandage to use, especially when Shyvana is typically top lane.

Assuming you never pick up a health pack or hit a minion on your way to top (which can happen very often), Shyvana's ultimate is essentially on a two and a half minute cooldown. Obviously this will get lower depending on how top is (if it's shoved up or captured by the enemy you have an opportunity to gain more) or when a teamfight breaks out. Also your teammates themselves can be a detriment if they're attacking minions while you're making your way from mid to top. Plus it favors attack speed heavily so if you don't build any at all the bonus is completely lost on you...

I'll agree that giving fury/energy from health packs was an important step, but I don't know. Something still feels "off" about the whole thing.

Carolina Blues

12-22-2012

Seemed like it helped Shen a bit. Hard to notice but it felt like I could get a second taunt off with a little bit of restraint instead of having to do nothing for 4 or 5 seconds. He'll never be as strong as SR because his ult cooldown doesn't really fit in with the sporadic fighting of dominion but you can still save lives and surprise people.

iProdiigy

12-23-2012

Can you guys make dominion possibly last longer and/or make it give more IP i personally love dominion but I hate the IP that is given. Also i think that Riot should make it to where we can play ranked dominion, if not at least make new maps, game modes etc. I would LOVE these changes to be made anytime for I am patient but i am just opening suggestions!!
I would suggest maybe new 5v5 maps because i think only playing one map can be boring at times. Yes in Private there are different ones but those cannot be played live... PLEASE make new maps and improve the dominion mode!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Stormyn1ght

hollowtek

12-28-2012

can't rengar anymore. nerfs too heavy. every. single. patch.

Pyroxite

01-01-2013

Lee Sin is great, Akali seems fine, personally I think Renekton is pretty good, just not as optimal as Xin Zhao or Lee Sin in the tanky melee category. But still worth a pick. Zed seems okay but I don't play him.

Never ever seen a Kennen in Dominion.