Alternate Resource Champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Shyvana can bot, but her top lane kit isn't that great for diving as she is kitable. Only melees with gap closers not on an ult cd work well in top lane. She's built to counter jungle and to move quickly from point to point(aka ganking lanes in SR), so not sure if any aura's can fix a dueling champ meant for smiting your red away from you.

Tyrndamere- LoL he keeps his rage, but is too easily counter picked(Nasus BFF) and kited in this mode as cc in abundant and slow scepter is usually built on the mage to kite him. He can clean up very well, but better players will hold this guy in check. Needs a rework imo.

Renekton is fine either top lane and bot lane. he has a great bait kit for bringing in champs outta position, and then he strikes and kills them with his teamates.

Zed- Perfect as he is. does good all game and has great late game power. maybe a bit too strong late game if he does alot of dmg in his ult.

Shen- Is now a viable tank. I just don't like shen's taunt animation and won't play him. At least now he has energy to work with and isn't waiting for energy to taunt when it's off cd.

Akali- Perfectely fine and great for killing dem ezreals

Kennen- I think his kit hurts him here as his energy rush isn't great from a caster's point a view where tanks and bruisers really hurt and you don't want to get in range of them unless your ult is up. Balanced in teamfights as long as his ult is up. If his ult is not up, it feels like his dmg output is low as ap and ad. Also spamming q's on cd causing ooming and can hurt your next teamfight if your at 1/2 energy. Pretty good at 40% cdr and ulting into people. balanced that way, but like i said, is very ult dependant and can't poke without consequences.

Lee Sin- Balanced- strong in all modes and requires mastery.

Rengar- wait for live team to buff him. they over nerfed him, but he was perfectely viable until that last patch.

Skias

12-19-2012

Don't forget Rumble. Very powerful Mid atm. He can quickly move top and bot to drop a lane changing Ult. Feels pretty balanced though, ganks still throw him off his game early.

DiscworldDeath

12-19-2012

It's the Dominion sub-forum, there is no mid-lane.

konfetarius

12-19-2012

I think Shyvanna needed a passive generation buff more than an autoattack generation buff. Top lane, she doesn't really get much opportunity to auto minions.

Akali, didn't notice much difference.

Zed's early game and harass is a bit smoother now, team fight capability unchanged. Clean up a little easier though, due to being able to cast slightly earlier after you run dry.

Rengar's problem is not his resource generation in the slightest, and there is no real way to adjust his generation without breaking him (IIRC, his empowered abilities have no actual cooldowns). A health relic giving him a point is an interesting idea, but not sure if needed.

Quote:
His earlygame is quite poor, but BC+YG+Brut+LW is extremely effective on him. Possibly too effective to the point where he has very little counterplay lategame.
QSS cleanses his ultimate. Zhonaya blocks the damage entirely. Any champion with decent disengage can nullify most of his ultimate's damage :/.

Regardless, it's not a resource issue.

Thought/question - what about resourceless champs? Katarina, Vlad, Garen for example? Should they gain some bonus from the relic or aura given that they don't benefit as much from it?

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Fury
Shyvana-Poor girl has a terrible kit for top lane. Lack of a non-ult gap closer makes her easily kitable. The fury buffs help her bot though.

Tryndamere-This guy is just outdated. Shut down by so many things:Exhaust, CC, Thornmail, Frozen Heart, Malphite.

Renekton- Can actually play like a proper lane bully in the bot lane now! love it!

Energy
Zed-His energy usage is much more manageable. Doesn't feel as useless early game and can actually reach his late game potential, which is scary!

Shen-You can land a taunt now and cast more than one other ability! YAY!

Akali-More restricted by her ult being on a charge system than energy usage, she was fine prior. He relative power is proportional to the willingness of people buying Grez/Sweeper.

Kennen-This guy is also more of a kit issue. Low numbers are his real issue, though the energy regen help him spam a bit more to compensate.

Lee Sin-Relies less on his passive now, which is nice.

Does Rengar need any help? Not from you, no. The poor guy suffers from being over nerfed. He offers very little to his team outside being a damage dealer, so when live nerfed that, live may as well have just deleted him [from Dominion]. The balance issues are rising from him fulling 2 roles that are dangerous in combination: Bruiser+Assassin. Rengar suffered the same fate as Irelia, Xin Zhao(pre-rework), and now Diana.

Tempestphile

12-19-2012

Top Shyvana still lacking slightly

If you measure ult frequence by dying and getting back to top, then pretty much every champ has a fight at top, ults, dies, then comes back with ult

Shyvana has been coming back at 70 - 80 fury, which is not enough to hit the ult until half way through a team fight.

I rather you lower her fury gain per hit and increase passive fury gain speed.

Tortferngatr

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Tryndamere -- Fury is not his problem, heavily nerfed and outdated design is his problem. The balance team needs him on the rework list if he isn't on there already. I'm not sure what changes you could make to make him balanced prior to the live team handling him, or if you should even bother.

Rengar -- Unless you want to try something like health shrines giving Ferocity, I think this is more of live team's responsibility. It's quite clear the nerfs were overboard. He was an extremely strong champion on Dominion before he started getting nerfs.
Agreed with Tryndamere. I've actually heard his old, pre-Fury incarnation was better in the counterplay/fun/strategy department.

Rengar--your idea about the shrines giving Ferocity seems interesting to me from a gameplay standpoint (strategic value of getting a shrine to activate a Ferocity ability, or denying it respectively), though you'd have to correspond with any buffs/nerfs/lateral changes Rengar gets in 1.74.

Incidentally, how are the new items going? Will we see them on PBE in the next week or so?

VoidInsanity

12-20-2012

You missed one Norne

HP Resource.

They kill themselves earlygame by trying to contribute to fights. In SR they use their skills sparingly so it is not an issue but here they use their skills so much it is a major issue, until the very endgame or if they get extremely lucky. They have no time for hp/5 to regen their hp or to time to sit back heal up or spellvamp of creepwaves. They just end up being useless.

You've given Rage, Mana, Energy % increase in regeneration, why not something for the hp casters such as a % cost reduction (20% to match the self healing reduction for example).

As for Shyvana her Rage bar is pretty much her Ulti CD. Ignore the gimmick of the Dragon Form Autos give rage, It's just a Cooldown Bar. The only difference with this cooldown bar is the enemy team can see it. Let CDR Effect her natural rage regeneration when not in dragon form. Problem Solved.

Metalfenrir

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
You missed one Norne

HP Resource.

They kill themselves earlygame by trying to contribute to fights. In SR they use their skills sparingly so it is not an issue but here they use their skills so much it is a major issue, until the very endgame or if they get extremely lucky. They have no time for hp/5 to regen their hp or to time to sit back heal up or spellvamp of creepwaves. They just end up being useless.

You've given Rage, Mana, Energy % increase in regeneration, why not something for the hp casters such as a % cost reduction (20% to match the self healing reduction for example).

As for Shyvana her Rage bar is pretty much her Ulti CD. Ignore the gimmick of the Dragon Form Autos give rage, It's just a Cooldown Bar. The only difference with this cooldown bar is the enemy team can see it. Let CDR Effect her natural rage regeneration when not in dragon form. Problem Solved.
This. All of it

Cybrid 0x0T2MD2W

12-20-2012

I have renekton and I like the changes, it does help but he's still a bit weaker in damage he can deal(yes yes he's a bruiser, not a riven). shyvanna I have not been able to fully try, as I can't seem to get her going or too many pick higher tier champions and ruin any ability to play her.