A look back at the WCG 2010 Grand Finals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

10-14-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners,

The WCG Grand Finals have come to an end, and our first major champion has been crowned! In an amazing display of strategy and skill, Counter Logic Gaming from North America (CLG) defeated SK Gaming from Europe (SK) in a white knuckle, three game set that was viewed the world over. Another Story from Singapore captured the bronze medal in a shocking upset victory over dark horse Chinahero, winning the series 2-0. The Chinese team missed taking the #1 seed after narrowly losing a tiebreaker to CLG n the group stage.

In addition to the competition, we loved having the opportunity to meet all of the summoners that turned out to support us at the main stage and also at our booth --which dominated the WCG show floor with champion dance-offs, cosplay, impression contests, fan vs. developer matches, and even a rap battle! You can see highlights of the day here!

Even if you missed the action, you can find pictures, results, picks/bans, and, most importantly, videos on demand of all of the matches on our WCG Event site!

We hope that you enjoyed the experience whether at home or with us in Los Angeles.

VALOUR THE HERO

10-14-2010

It was good except for the wcg quality.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-14-2010

No videos of the rap battles, impression contests, dance-offs, etc?

Ryanthebull

10-14-2010

America FTW!

AlexHardt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2010

I'm in that video at 1:40. Kinda cool. It was a fun event.

Lu Caos

10-14-2010

Heh, I'm in a lot of those shots. But yeah, that whole thing was really really fun, still disappointed that I couldn't go to the after party. Or at least didn't realise that I could go.

InsomniacFalco

10-14-2010

Great final match, I really enjoyed watching this =)

level 3 looter

10-14-2010

Congrats to the winners again.
And thanks for making Galio popular ~~.

Stupid Hat

10-14-2010

at 25 seconds that IS ME pounding it with that guy! i **** u not i have long hair and i wore a red headband that is SIIIICK i sh!t you not!

toddlol

10-14-2010

Sweet, got a single frame closeup of me and my friends! Such an awesome time with such a great community.