Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Morello since I know you're lurking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

12-19-2012

Quote:
Jamaree:
As you can clearly see from what Morello has to deal with, if you make it big, you are F'ed in the A my friend. GL though.

=D I've been participating in game forums since vanilla WoW and DoTA. At the end of the day, you're talking to people, and I like conversations.

NewRelicspet

12-19-2012

Care to tell us what game it is? Getting curious, OP.

innervation

12-19-2012

Quote:
ShadeOfRed:
you designing it from the ground-up, or are you using premade engines and libraries?

Ground up for the libraries, not sure on the engine (doubt it). I'm terribly out of the loop when it comes to the details of what the code monkeys do. My programming experience extends to writing microsoft excel equations :S

We're meeting a number of times over the holiday break, so I'm preparing myself to simultaneously learn a lot while having many other things fly waaaaay over my head.

innervation

12-19-2012

Quote:
NewRelicspet:
Care to tell us what game it is? Getting curious, OP.

=( Waaaay too soon. It's too soon for even a kickstarter lol, but we'd like to do a good turn-based strategy in the vein of a final fantasy tactics or ogre battle 64 with...some other elements. =)

Our core group is very passionate about the genre, and games in general, so we're really chasing our dreams here.

Seeing companies like Riot and Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile) start so small, but grow they way they have. Truly inspirational.

ShadeOfRed

12-19-2012

Quote:
innervation:
Ground up for the libraries, not sure on the engine (doubt it). I'm terribly out of the loop when it comes to the details of what the code monkeys do. My programming experience extends to writing microsoft excel equations :S

We're meeting a number of times over the holiday break, so I'm preparing myself to simultaneously learn a lot while having many other things fly waaaaay over my head.

Hahah, i know the feeling. Had several instances where I had to hit the ground running using new libraries/languages, and that stuff gets overwhelming easily unless you have someone to turn to if you're really stuck and your google-fu is weak.

Best of luck to you. It takes a lot to start a project.

innervation

12-19-2012

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone <3

NewRelicspet

12-19-2012

Well. I think the game you got going sounds interesting. If you want, you can add me ingame and message me if you come in need for someone to try it out at alpha/beta or when the game is done

JoeDerp

12-19-2012

Not sure if I'm missing the point of this thread or not, but best of luck with it, Innervation.
I hope it all goes well for you and the team.

DanyaHerald

12-19-2012

I'm working on my degree and portfolio so someday I can be a creative designer at Riot!

I will get there someday! I believe!

The Hellsage

12-19-2012

Is this game something you're doing with college buds? If it is, mind if I ask which college?