Walter- The Huntsman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

12-19-2012

My newest champion concept
Created 12/19/12
Please feel free to comment!!

Quote:
Info:

Description: Imagine Gerard Butler with a trenchcoat, a flannel style shirt (maybe), long blue jeans, and black boots.

Full Name: Walter R. Flagg

Roll: possibly jungle or top
Quote:
Lore

'Hints of light flicker across the darkness of his long jacket as he silently stalks his prey through the forest. Each movement is quietly marked by the flipping fabric that flaps softly behind him. Each step draws him closer to 'her' property-an old lady known to many as Granny, but to him of course, as mom. He hefts his hunting axe firmly in the palm of his hand readying to strike down his prey with a deadly throw. The foliage is thick and dense, it causes him to constantly lose sight of the beast-his only trail are the bloody impressions it leaves with each step. A trail that is leading him over the river where he first shot the creature, then through the thick woods, and now finally towards Granny's house he goes. The adrenaline rushes through his blood as the chase ventures even closer to her house, all of a sudden the sound of a loud thunk rang gratifyingly in his ears signaling he had caught the beast. But then suddenly a great light surrounded him as he made his approach towards the beast, and before he knew it he was in a large room surrounded by summoners-leaving his family now without food.

"Walter R. Flagg", the summoners said in unison, "you are hereby charged with poaching on royal land, how do you plead?"

Walter looked up at the summoners knowing the punishment for poaching on her majesty's land was death, and calmly said, "Guilty."

"Very well, you are hereby sentenced to death, which will be carried out on the Fields of Justice; however, if you survive long enough you are free to go."

Imprisonment through championship, so this is what it came down to after all. His family's only hope was that each day he continued fighting and stayed alive. And so long as he did, his family would be taken care of by the Institute. '

"My only regret is that my prey wasn't Red." Walter upon imprisonment.

Quote:
Stats:
Health 425 (+94)
Attack damage 54.31 (+3.17)
Health regen. 7.76 (+0.93)
Attack speed 0.612 (+1.52%)
Mana 235 (+44)
Armor 18.69 (+3.34)
Mana regen. 6.2 (+0.5)
Magic res 30
Range 175
Mov. speed 340
Quote:

Abilities:

Quote:
Attachment 576887
Passive: Trailblazer- Walter gains sight of enemies affected by bleeds up to a range of 1200 units. In addition, if Walter has sight of an enemy with a bleed he gains a passive buff to all of his abilities for the remaining duration of the bleed (max 5 secs).
Quote:
Attachment 576884
Q. Deadly Throw-
Range: 1000
Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16/14 secs

Passive: While Trailblazer is active Deadly Throw automatically deals the entire bleed damage to targets it hits rather than over the duration of 5 secs.
Active: Walter throws his axe in a line dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.8 ad) physical damage to all targets it hits and applies a bleed to those targets dealing 20/25/30/35/40 magic damage over the next 5 secs.
Quote:
Attachment 576885
W. Forest Foliage:
Range: 800
AoE: 300
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 24/23/22/21/20 secs

Passive: While Trailblazer is active if an enemy triggers Forest Foliage they are automatically dealt the remainder of their bleed, rather than over the duration of 5 secs. In addition, allies gain an additional 5% bonus movement speed while in the Forest Foliage.
Active: Walter creates a bush at target location, this bush behaves like a normal bush would except that it is lasts for 8 secs. Enemies who enter this bush are snared for 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1.0 secs. After the snare ends enemies are then afflicted with a bleed that lasts for 5 secs and deals 20/25/30/35/40 magic damage over the duration. Allies who pass through Forest Foliage gain 15% bonus movement speed.
Quote:
Attachment 576888
E. Distract
Range: 800
AoE: 500
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 24/23/22/21/20 secs

Passive: While Trailblazer is active, casting Distract on enemies causes Walter to become invisible 5 secs.
Active: Walter tosses a rock at target location causing enemies in the area to look at the rock for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 secs.
Quote:
Attachment 576886
R. Killing Blow- (previously titled Ambush thanks a lot Twitch...)
Range: 175
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 60/40/20 secs

Passive While Trailblazer is active kills and assists reduce the cooldown of Killing Blow by 10%
Active: Walter strikes a nearby enemy opponent for 200/240/280% of his attack damage. Can only be cast from behind the enemy.

Quote:
Quotes:
On select: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, not me.
Joke: Bada da da nana na na...Baby I'm howling for you!
Joke: Can't believe I got beaten by a little girl...
Joke: Granny fed the wolf?! She couldn't feed the ad carry like normal people?
Taunt: Hmm why don't I chop you open and see what comes out of your belly?
Taunt: Come here, I want to axe you a question!
Death: I can't die here...summoners please...one more chance

Moby the White

12-19-2012

added link to Red
made minor changes to spell tooltips.
and minor changes to lore to add some mystery.

Moby the White

12-19-2012

upped cdr on ult
upped stealth time on distract
upped cc time of distract

Moby the White

12-19-2012

hunt hunt hunt he's the huntsman!!!

this is the second lore I have dialogue in, the other is surprisingly Red O_o

Moby the White

12-19-2012

edited some quotes

Moby the White

12-19-2012

bump before shift change

Dzanio

12-19-2012

Sort of a boring champion. I can't decide if he'd be good for anything. Maybe support?

blackkat101

12-19-2012

Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go....

This started going through my head as I read the lore... sadly no river was mentioned in it.

That aside, I enjoyed it. It was well thought out with reasons for being placed in the league. Could feel him begrudgingly agreeing to join. Only because of no other choice and to help his family. Though I'm sure he'd rather just head straight home and help there as normal instead of risking his life as a champion.

The abilities blend nicely with each other. I'd see him mainly as a jungler with the ability to place a brush and extended vision on targets.

Couple of questions:

Well, mainly this one. I his E an AoE Taunt? or AoE Stun? I could also see it working like a Silence if you allow them to move, but forced to look at one spot. Not really sure how this is supposed to distract them in a top down game at the moment as there is no status effect like that yet.

On the Ultimate, what counts as the back of the target? An area like if there was a circle around the champion indicating front, back and sides evenly divided, would you only be able to attack in that back 90 degree section of the circle, or is it a 180 degree section so you can attack the back and to the side a bit as well?

Last question is a personal one while they are different, brush idea sparked from Shia's wall? Meh, could just be me to prideful... Of course the moves are completely different other than the ability to block vision. Actually, now that I think about it, does your brush look exactly like the normal brush or does it have a slight different look? If it looks the same, they you could even place it in other brush or at the edges of brush seemingly extending them without the enemy noticing. Also, does the brush have a channel time or take a moment to summon? If it has a short summon time, you could give it the animation of growing. If not and it's instant, it may be a little to powerful being able to summon it right on top of the enemy, snaring, dealing damage and marking them with Trailblaze. Also, if you leave it as an instant summon brush, I would consider lowering the range a on it to like 600-650.

May also be fun to see some special lines when killing or attacking beast looking champions (like Warwick) since he is a hunter =^.^=

All in all, a very nice champion.

- Kat

Dzanio

12-19-2012

I think every demacian came up with the bush idea before either of you. It's part of the home defense strategy.

Dzanio

12-19-2012

You totally need an ability which teleports Garen to your bush (friend or foe) o.O.