League of Legends will never be as good as DotA has been.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I destroy noobs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

League of Legends is undoubtely one of the most succesful online games of all time. It succeeded where DotA failed. It improved and transformed the MOBA genre, and brought it to the masses.

However, for those of you who will read this and who were already adults in the 90s, you will understand what I mean when I say that the nineties were the dawn of the Information Age. It was the end of the Cold War, it was a period of peace and prosperity, and the living standards highly improved everywhere in the world. And as we moved into the twenty first century and the Internet became widely available, DotA allowed, for the first time, for different cultures to share something in common through the worldwide web. Everyone wanted to be good at DotA, to compete with others in order to become the best.

League of Legends is widely available as well, but League of Legends isn't truly free... and as soon as there's money involved, everything changes. No matter how good-willed RiotGames is, their goal is still to make money. And I'm not saying it's evil, I'm just saying that it's how it is.

More than a game, the Warcraft III mod was an ubiquitous symbol of cultural globalization. And, in a way, it also allowed people to live this idea of American Dream, that is, to be able to start from nothing and struggle their way to the top because of their skills only. And if DotA was released today, it would be different... Things were this way because of the era in which the game was created and evolved.

So, yeah, League of Legends is the best of the best, but, in my heart, still not as good as DotA.

R.I.P the DotA era.

Falleth

12-20-2012

DoTA is nice for competitive playing and tryharding with friends, but **** it, I've had much more fun with League solo/with friends, than ever with DoTA.

TheBeavecoon

12-20-2012

You've made this exact thread twice
Stfu stop trying soak up attention

Calys Teneb

12-20-2012

It's almost like EQ players said this about WoW...

Glorkle

12-20-2012

0/10

Invasive

12-20-2012

OP is a f@gg0t

Voidgolem

12-20-2012

Like I said in the other topic, I think I prefer League's style of play to "whoops you didn't kill the enemy agility guy enough. Lose by default"

Kaylnaz

12-20-2012

who cares

Andres X

12-20-2012

How exactly are the 90s an era of peace with things like the Rwanda genocide, the ex-Yugoslavia conflict and the Bosnian war, amongst others.
On topic, DotA never had a Teemo.

Dryad Soraka

12-20-2012

except it already is

woops awkward x