About Vi's theme song...

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astaare

12-18-2012

So first I just want to say that I love the music, and I think the song suits her very well thematically.
That being said...
What's up with the lyrics? Some of the lines are great, but others seem a little forced.
The two that bug me the most are:

"She's like a boomerang who never gives up."
That is just such a terribly structured line that it kills me, especially since I love the second half of its rhyming couplet.

"She's a bulldozer making sure you're flat on the ground."
Nothing wrong with this line itself, but it doesn't fit the rhyming scheme of the rest of the song which makes it sort of stick out every time I hear it (and not in a good "for emphasis" way, in a "man that sounded out of place" way).

Anyhow, overall I really like the song, and I don't want this post to be misconstrued as an attempt to bash it. I just felt that there are a few spots where the lyrics could have been enhanced a little; currently they feel like the song's weak link in my opinion.

Edit: link to the theme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBphxrYgJOg

Nhero

12-18-2012

Can you link me to her theme?

Colonel J

12-18-2012

I think the song is good yet lame.

I dislike how RIot really pushes Vi as this tomboyish rebel girl with the lyrics and all. YEAH! SHE'S DIFFERENT! SHE'S NOT A PROPER LADY! SHE'S A REBEL GIRL! YEAH!

Though I have no idea if Riot, other than the people who made the the song, had any creative control over the song.

Astaare

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoull View Post
Can you link me to her theme?
Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBphxrYgJOg
Happy listening

Astaare

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
I think the song is good yet lame.

I dislike how RIot really pushes Vi as this tomboyish rebel girl with the lyrics and all like it. YEAH, SHE'S DIFFERENT. SHE'S NOT A PROPER LADY. SHE'S A REBEL GIRL.

THough I have no idea if Riot, other than the people who made the the song, had any creative control over the song.
Yeah, to be honest I cringed a little when the first line was "She's such a misfit," lol.

Treantwuver

12-18-2012

I know I may get hated but I think everyone's overreacting and hyping 'her' music. It was ok, but nothing amazing. The typical rock song except sung by a girl.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

that theme is ass

Darlig Ulv

12-18-2012

It's great because this is another step forward for Riot,

It's part of the progression for the evolution.

The grand evolution.

Tenmar

12-18-2012

The lyrics just demonstrate that Riot and "gaming culture" LOVES to wallow in its own FILTH.

That flipping table lyric.

I mean the melody is nice, the singer is great but my god the lyrics are just a terrible mixed bag where you enjoy it one second and then just get disgusted at it the next.

When are people going to realize that if people want to expand the "artistic side" of their hobby they need to stop using memes and please the sheep mentality and start expressing their individuality.

Astaare

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
that theme is ass
Not sure if you accidentally left "bad" out, or if you just phrase your criticism in confusing ways.

12345 ... 6