Vi Login Screen thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purplepedro

12-19-2012

idk why i decided to turn on the music and animations this time around, but im sure glad i did! i thought this was an actual rock song i was about to recognize before noticing it was completely new. this log in screen is the best, you have set a new, very high standard for your login screens riot. dont disappoint!

gicoviski

12-20-2012

Someone please tell me, is it hayley singing?

A Wild Magikarp

12-20-2012

I really like that you get a great feeling for the tastes of the designers/artists involved with Vi when you pull up the login screen. Y'all took a design and ran with it and executed it quite well. Like many people have said, she either really strikes you as awesome or she strikes you as total garbage... just depends on your personal tastes. I tend to be someone who nit picks a lot and as such focuses on the things I'd like changed vs. the things I like (ex: my personal preference makes me really dislike Rengar because of his deep, older-sounding voice that doesn't match what I picture in a character like that... still I can recognize that while it may not fit my taste, the people who worked on him turned him into an amazingly cool champ.) For me, Vi is the exact same way with respect to her gloves and the login music. Certain aspects of the song aren't my cup of tea but it's clear that for this exact version of Vi, that music fits her to a T. Same with the gloves... if a designer came to me and told me I could tweak her anyway I wanted, they'd be gone for much more subtle (yet equally powerful... think Iron Man maybe?) punching machines. As with the music though, her current gloves most definitely speak to how she was intended to be portrayed.

I guess what I'm trying to ramble on and say is that I have to tip my hat to all the people at Riot in charge of designing these champs because even when they are the complete opposite of what you'd have done taste-wise, you still see a finished product that you can't help but be impressed by. I'm sure it must feel very gratifying too seeing the end results of the champ creation process. Keep up the good work. =)

Jayjayko

12-20-2012

Loooove it.

Looove u riot

Prosecutor Godot

12-20-2012

I love the new login and it really fits the champion, but in my opinion the music is not very good. However, it fits so I can't complain, plus it's just a login, so who cares.

Salenar

12-20-2012

The login music for Vi is my favortie so far, followed closely by Draven's (this is his League after all).

Hmm. Maybe I'll write a novel about Vi and Draven, two people from very dfferent backgorunds who are drawn together by their love of epic music (and posing epicly).

CooterCough

12-20-2012

Computer > League of Legends > RADS > projects > lol_air_client > releases > 0.0.0.229 > deploy > assets > sounds > ambient

LoginScreenIntro/LoginScreenLoop

youre welcome