Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any viable Gangplank builds S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majoleine

12-18-2012

Quote:
2nddimension:
Seems like he would work really well with noct. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna keep trying to make GP work, and probably buy that Special Forces skin. So badass.

You're welcome. I'm always trying out new builds and runes for him. Crit runes/Armor pen are good on him, but he does need armor runes because of his squishyness early game.

And yes, I love that skin, but my Toy Soilder GP will always have a special place in my heart. ;P

BTW, if you want, add me and we can play a couple of games, and I'll show you some GP tips. I'm not the OP best but I love using him and getting better every time I play him.

2nddimension

12-18-2012

Quote:
Majoleine:
You're welcome. I'm always trying out new builds and runes for him. Crit runes/Armor pen are good on him, but he does need armor runes because of his squishyness early game.

And yes, I love that skin, but my Toy Soilder GP will always have a special place in my heart. ;P

That's another one I want

Titiln

12-18-2012

flask plank
then iceborn flask plank

then get warmorgs, or tiamat

Labyrinth65

12-19-2012

Any build that goes full dmg (statikk shiv/hydra/ie) is doomed to fail. Especially if you put GP in top lane.

Always go tabi or merc first, depending on the enemy, then build cleaver for damage, and then health+resistances, then you're free to pursue tri force or IE. Attack speed is dumb on GP, he needs raw dmg to make the most of his parley. You should not be going face to face with any champions, but whittling them down and then going for the kill if they make a mistake.

cheezzyy

12-20-2012

Quote:
2nddimension:
I've always seen Critplank as viable, but how do you farm in lane vs bruisers before you're a beast @ 20 minutes?

Some people will be afraid of you if they see what a single crit does at lvl 1(with full crit chance runes this should happens soon)and you can get a few levels and anytime they try to fight they get a Q to the face plus slow. And in s3 you could even start with crit gloves and a pot of your choice since boots are t too important anymore.
I love when late game I can make a mordecaiser cry with one Q or 1v1 a jax. And if an adc comes anywhere near you without his full team...well he won't be near for long.

smercjd

09-26-2013

No no no no no...Statik Shyv is silly on him.
You want to rush a Sheen.

Start Sapphire Crystal (will give you enough mana to farm w q and have enough if you ever need to use w).
And 2 pots.

Try not to go back until you have enough for sheen. But you also want to go back as soon as you can get sheen (and maybe a ward or two/pots).
--> Sheen procs on your q. That means 3 things 1) easier/faster last hitting w q 2) option to harass more effectively and more able to get kills 3) builds into either Trinity or Iceborn whichever style you're going for.

Beyond this you really have 2 effective options with GP.

1) Offensive/Crit
--Trinity, Boots, IE, Atma's, Frozen Mallet, Phantom Dancer
::Mega Scary Q, much squishier and prone to dying

2) Defensive/Tank
--Iceborn, Boots, Hydra, Visage, Randuins, Warmogs
::Very very high sustain (almost unkillable), Heavy AoE with slow/lifesteal, Not as terrifying dmg output

If you wan that trolling optional 3rd (Mage Plank)
3) Mage
--Lich Bane, Boots, Mejai's, Rabadon's, Athene's, Visage
::Strangely powerful ult, Q still very strong due to lich bane, remove scurvy heals you fully, ultra squish

Skip to my Lulu

09-26-2013

I've seen many tanky GPs doing fairly well.