Dr. Mundo - Getting to Know Your Local Physician

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drediviros

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevane View Post

As far as Cleanse goes, like I said, what's better than reduced CC? None. Please continue with the screaming and smashing.
The main reason I really like cleanse is that burning agony only gives CC reduction if it's on when you get hit, so cleanse is useful when you aren't on fire. It's also useful for long stuns you don't want to wait through, e.g. Ashe arrow, Sion stun, etc, and if you need to shrug off multiple CC effects, like if you get slowed and blinded. Also, when you go in the defensive tree, you can lower the cooldown of cleanse, so bringing it along is pretty efficient. Between cleanse and BA, interrupting mundo's auto attacks is near impossible.

The only other thing I do differently, is how I order my skills. After getting a point in each, my order is R>E>Q>W . I used to alternate between cleaver and masochism, but I find that cleaver is mainly useful for its slow, and helping me catch up and begin auto-attacking. Cleaver does good damage with just one rank, and maso's massive damage boost helps more in combat, since you'll be landing more auto-attacks than cleavers in a fight.

Grevane

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drediviros View Post
The main reason I really like cleanse is that burning agony only gives CC reduction if it's on when you get hit, so cleanse is useful when you aren't on fire. It's also useful for long stuns you don't want to wait through, e.g. Ashe arrow, Sion stun, etc, and if you need to shrug off multiple CC effects, like if you get slowed and blinded. Also, when you go in the defensive tree, you can lower the cooldown of cleanse, so bringing it along is pretty efficient. Between cleanse and BA, interrupting mundo's auto attacks is near impossible.

The only other thing I do differently, is how I order my skills. After getting a point in each, my order is R>E>Q>W . I used to alternate between cleaver and masochism, but I find that cleaver is mainly useful for its slow, and helping me catch up and begin auto-attacking. Cleaver does good damage with just one rank, and maso's massive damage boost helps more in combat, since you'll be landing more auto-attacks than cleavers in a fight.
Uh... to be clear, I'm agreeing with you on the Cleanse. That's why it's on my "The Good" section of Summoner Spells, for all the reasons above.

I usually choose to level the cleaver over Masochism because Masochism doesn't scale as well per level as the cleaver. Of course, since they max at about the same time (give or take a level) it doesn't matter too much which you level first. I just really love the cleavers.

Grevane

10-15-2010

Bump for more feedback! ...Also because it's awesome! ...Also because Mundo told me to, and that cleaver is HUGE.

paij

10-15-2010

I just wanted to say this has to be one of the best guides I have read. It provides the why behind the build. Like explaining that Mundo has no need for damage because he has a skill that provides plenty and he should focus on attack speed/ magic resist.

I haven't had a chance to try this build but as soon as he is free or if i decided to buy him i will totally use this guide!

Grevane

10-16-2010

Bumped by popular demand.

Grevane

10-16-2010

Bump again.

Really would love some more feedback folks. Anything I should change? Anything I should add? Anything that needs to be more specific? Did I do a good enough job to warrant another guide (if so, any one you'd like)?

Post away! Be as scathing as you like! Release your inner troll! (ok... but please give some evidence or reasoning... not like the troll on the next page who just runs in and yells "this gude suxxors! go here insead trololololololol!!!!1!!!!")

Vasari

10-16-2010

your guide is sooooo awesome ! it's the one who reconciliated me with HERR DOKTOR ! i dont undertand why mundo is only 1350 ip and why only a few people plays him .... thanks ! EDIT : oh , and i dont even put some points into burning agony , 20 health per second o.O .

Grevane

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasari View Post
your guide is sooooo awesome ! it's the one who reconciliated me with HERR DOKTOR ! i dont undertand why mundo is only 1350 ip and why only a few people plays him .... thanks ! EDIT : oh , and i dont even put some points into burning agony , 20 health per second o.O .
Haha, thanks for the approval!

As for Burning Agony, yes the cost is pretty steep. I have seen many a Doctor burn themselves to death by leaving it on. It's a lot smarter to use BA in short bursts, mostly to avoid CC. Mundo goes where he pleases, when he pleases. So, I usually only use BA to burn off slows, or as a buffer if I see a stun coming (i.e. Ashe's Enchanted Frost Arrow, Sion's Gaze, Taric's Dazzle, etc). You don't need to leave it up long, and Mundo's regen is strong enough to heal back most of the cost in between uses.

tl;dr - NEVER discount an ability. They all have their uses, and you will likely run into them at some point. If you want to be good with a champion, make sure you understand all of their skills, and at least most of each skills use.

Vasari

10-16-2010

i usually try to not initiate fights so stuns are not for me . and usually , the game end before i have to put points into BA .

BossModeScrooge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2010

Props.

123456 ... 8