Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

12-18-2012

I like the idea of a CDR aura, but 10% seems a bit strong. Maybe 7% or something along those lines. The problem with giving any bonus CDR is that you're essentially buffing the problematic champions (Namely Kass).

While I don't think BC or BFT are problematic, it does arise the problem of HP items. It seems like HP is better defense right now than armor or MR, and there is a bit of a lack of solid tanky HP items. I second the vote for implementing Warmogs into Dom.

MajorUrsa

12-18-2012

Cleaver is fine now. With the armor and magic pen aura removed, the pen changes have largley balanced out.

Adding in warmogs would just reinforce the tank bruiser Meta that was prevalent months ago. I for one do not want to return to that.

As for adding global cdr aura to the map, I'm not really sure what this change is intended to do. Who would benefit from this the most? Immediately I'd imagine items like Ionian boots could be entirely removed most builds in favor of tankier options. Mages would have a better early game, but so would ad casters...

On the plus side, for champions that need to hit the cdr cap as quickly as possible, this could free up itemization options, allowing them to build more offensively or defensively without feeling limited by the lack of decent cdr options. So perhaps we should try it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I wanted to get a discussion started for the state of Dominion post 1.73.

Is Black Cleaver still problematic? How does the lack of a penetration aura make the map feel? Are there any global improvements we can still do, such as a global 10% CDR aura?
Removing Teemo would still be good.

I feel BC is still a bit strong, but I don't know if it warrants removing it. Likewise I feel Blackfire Torch is too strong on a few champions, but fairly mediocre or "just ok" on a few others.

Talith PA

12-18-2012

I still say the percentage pen is too high, that flat pen feels terrible, and that there shouldn't be any health on cleaver.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2902029

ViolentlyCar

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Cleaver is still an issue. To me, it competes too much with Last Whipser, and really just seems better overall since it helps everyone. The trade off of selfish vs helping just doesn't seem enough to me. What if it increased your flat pen by a percentage?
I don't think it competes with Last Whisper; I think it works best with it. BC alone or LW alone aren't really too strong; it's when you combine the two that it's rather out of line.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

I feel like global CDR would be a very bad idea, Certain kits scale completely out of control with CDR but since some CDR items are deemed somewhat undesirable or cost ineficient, a lot of persons avoid it in their build path. 10% global plus Ionian boots plus an optional 10% from util+offense masteries, is 5 off the cap.

Trollaf - never drop axes
Jax - Empower you to death
Riven - triple jump all over the map
Vayne - Never stop tumbling

etc. That's just what came to my mind......imagine the mages.

radicalratx

12-18-2012

A 5% CDR aura would be more reasonable IMO, thought with a 10% aura, it opens up a lot more builds for APs (can't comment much on AD as I don't play it much).

Also, maybe we could try taking the self-heal reduction down to 10% from 20%? Just a thought since you're definitely open to experimentation

naotasan

12-18-2012

5% cdr instead of 10% would be pretty cool.

But Nome, I have a burning question for you.
Can we have a discussion about capture points next? I have so many ideas and thoughts I would like to share.

Fuzen

12-18-2012

FoN - Magic Resist + HP = Warmog's Pants of Nature? You know you want it. Don't deny it.

There hasn't been a single game in which I haven't seen a BFT or a BC. So...yeah. Penetration? Not a problem.

Global movement speed anyone? Return of the Janna? (JK! I see Janna all the time)

TechPrince

12-18-2012

No to global cd, some champs are already overpowered on this map, this will add more to it. Global Pen was removed for a reason.