Role specific Qeue's, following the META.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellheim

12-18-2012

I am here suggesting to RIOT a new system of "Q'ing" to LoL games.
Do not manifest hateful text, or "flaming" into this tread.

I am personally tired of calling a role, and having some one else on the team insta-lock a champion for the role "stealing" it, how about you?

-Reason:

There is no direct form of keeping the meta, being the most successful way to win most games, right now it is based on sheer dependency on players not being *******s. A lot of people will disagree with me on this, although I know that this causes a lot of frustration to all players in the LoL community. So to alleviate the pain and torment of not getting to play mid, even if you called it here is my suggestion.

-Role Specific Q's:

Before entering the "Meta Q" you are prompted to select a role, being Top, Mid, Bot AD Carry, Bot Support or Jungler. Once you accept, you will be placed in Q. Now again, the purpose of this is so that when you select said role, you will be placed in a team of 5, where 4 other people selected the other 4 roles of the current META. This will alleviate most of problems of selecting a role. This will not be tied down to specific champions, so you may yet play an AP Master Yi in mid, or Fiddle support, this is too problematic to be adressed in a systematic way, but the META creation is the most important thing at hand.

-Problem of this:

I say most because the downside to this is, that obviously, the Bot Support will have the smallest wait time on there Q, do to the lack of interest in Bot Support players.
So there will be the occasional "troll" to pick a champion, and not fulfill the role of the support.

-How to deal with this problem:

To deal with this problem, I suggest severe punishment to this players, equal to AFK'ers/Quitters. Riot is known for potentially banning players for leaving games, or being AFK.

I have given the raw idea to Riot and I hope that they will look into it, and that the community will support this.

Hellheim

12-18-2012

Of course the other options like Blind pick will still exist, for those who do not want to wait in high Qs.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

EventHorizonn

12-18-2012

Agreed, but just to play devil's advocate here, what if someone wanted to play a non-meta game, such as 2 top or something? They would just queue in as jungle and go top regardless.

Hellheim

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejoshwolf View Post
Agreed, but just to play devil's advocate here, what if someone wanted to play a non-meta game, such as 2 top or something? They would just queue in as jungle and go top regardless.
Good point, it would be problematic, but in which case, the option that exists, Blind Pick, can be there chase to follow another course of gaming in LoL.

Hellheim

12-19-2012

Bump

finguhz

12-19-2012

I second this.

Eagle X D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Say... "I" que for adc.. then when i get in i decide that my adc will be.. an AD annie!!!!
example 2: you que for ap mid.. then somebody else decide to take your mid because they dont like you. GG
example 3: nobody will que for support. beside for the occasional person

EgbertDaime

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle X D View Post
Say... "I" que for adc.. then when i get in i decide that my adc will be.. an AD annie!!!!
example 2: you que for ap mid.. then somebody else decide to take your mid because they dont like you. GG
example 3: nobody will que for support. beside for the occasional person
thats why you would have to pick character and position. there is obviously nothing that is going to stop people from being dickheads in-game, but dont you think those people are mostly going to blind pick if theyre just planning on being dickheads? at the very least, they shouldn't penalize you for disbanding a team because 9/10 times its because your retarded randoms cant follow meta for ****.