Riots Job Requirements are ridiculous

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroKuno

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iateurcookie View Post
Pretty much this: You want a good job? Make it easy for someone to hire you. Do their work for them, even during the interview. Volunteer information about yourself, ask them specifics on what they are looking for BEFORE the interview, tailor yourself to fill a role. Do research, work with people in the field (some college professors have been doing their jobs for over 30 years and are crafty SOBs, and many will converse with non-students via email if you're interesting and they get something out of it). Basically, it's not THEIR job to hire you, it's your job to hire yourself, and they just have to sign a few dotted lines to make it official.

Hope this helps you future job hunters.
Yeah, you have to sell yourself that's basically what I have been told when I went to school but I knew that as well.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-18-2012
4 of 45 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
I wish my grandparents would read this. I've been going to school off and on for about five or six years, but in between I do a lot of contract work at Microsoft or Amazon working on app stores, Kinect, or Xbox. My experience is more valuable to me than focusing on a degree with no experience to back it up.

A degree helps but experience is boss, from what I've seen of this industry, for most positions.
Depends a lot on the job - I chose experience over college myself, but some people (Zileas or Lyte) have really elite degrees from top schools.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-18-2012
5 of 45 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levj View Post
I see two groups of people here. Entitlement based people and everyone else. In this economy you should be thrilled anyone is hiring.
Feeling like you're entitled to anything in the workforce is a way to never get hired anywhere good.

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
Indeed, I see that your totally on topic insults about grammar while asking questions without proper punctuation, and that your totally relevant one liners are the works of a troll with a very bad sense of humour, but I will continue to humour you, troll.
Oh, I'm sorry, you expected people to care about irrelevant responses?

That's cute.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-18-2012
6 of 45 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythest View Post
No offense, but how do companies expect young and fresh minds with requirements like those? It's those type of companies, those that don't even take the time to grant on the job experience and see how it pans out that leave college kids feeling nervous when they graduate. I see what you're saying about companies having a set standard but there are tricks at a great job that you can learn that you would learn in a class room with many other people.
Because not 100% of jobs are entry-level.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-18-2012
7 of 45 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
^ Proof of Morello not knowing jack ****.
do you even lift

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Feeling like you're entitled to anything in the workforce is a way to never get hired anywhere good.
Why do you only respond to asinine, pointless posts?

Elsea

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, you expected people to care about irrelevant responses?

That's cute.

You're cute too, troll. For a troll. Anyways, I think I'll stop humouring you since I see Riot wants to have an actually productive conversation now, and all this trolling of yours seems to get in the way of it.

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
do you even lift
Oh wow you responded to me.

With a troll response.

Thanks for proving you're a joke.

Also I could bench your nerd ass!

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
do you even lift

I can deadlift 445 pounds...can I get a job?