Riots Job Requirements are ridiculous

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
You're so unintelligent.

A schmoe with no work ethic could have as many years as they wanted.

A new guy happy with his new job could be very lucrative.

Stfu kid.
Explain to me exactly what you even think work ethic is?

How would you go about getting this work ethic if you haven't ever attained a job in the relevant field or you are fresh out of school.

The likelihood of you having proper "work ethic" by actually, you know, working... is way higher than someone who "has not worked"

You are introducing other variables that are not even pertinent. It's a very black and white request with an A / B outcome. There is "Someone who has > 10 years experience in the field" and there is "Someone who does not have > 10 years experience in the field"

You called me unintelligent. Come at me, seriously, I welcome a battle of the wits; it appears you are completely unarmed.

EyeMtheStron9est

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iateurcookie View Post
There are two ways you can take those kind of requirements:

Negative outlook view: OH GAWD, THOSE ARE UNPOSSIBLE!

Realistic view: They want someone with a ton of experience because they have no idea what they're doing, or the person who does know what they're doing doesn't have time to do a billion different jobs....OPPORTUNITY! CHA-CHING!

It's not about what they want, because most people are busy and would rather have YOU tell them what you can give them. That is the difference between someone with a lot of experience and someone with jack for experience.

10 year experience guy: "Oh yeah I have done this kind of thing before, I did (this this this this and this) but I have been flipping (awesome marketing idea) in my head for awhile, and having studied the history of your company, I think it would work extremely well, and I think so because of my experience with (this). I also have a proven track record of working with people in successful environments, so I can tailor that awesome plan I had to fit in even better with your company, and we can work toward (ongoing realistic goal)."

No experience and doesn't know why he wants to get hired guy: "I went to college, I like your game, and I think you should hire me! I'm young! You tell me what to do and I'll do it!"

^^^^That guy will not get hired because he creates work for people. They have to do his job in order to tell him what to do. No thanks.

Opportunistic new guy: "I will admit, I've not worked professionally in this field for long; however, I believe I am more current on the latest research than someone who has been in the field for ages is, and I always keep current with the effective marketing trends. Here's an example (give example of research you've personally done, showing that you don't need someone to tell you how to work, you can make and find your own work). In addition, I DO have a background in this field, I've done (insert notable accomplishments) and I only see my career expanding from this point. I have worked with people who have been in the industry for years, and I know the processes they go through to do this job. I am very qualified to do the job."

Opportunistic new guy would have an extremely high chance of getting the job. One reason is pay; often people will see "new and awesome" as meaning "getting an awesome person to do a job at a lower cost compared to someone who knows what they're worth." Basically, they are trading their know-how for a better resume. The person hiring is like "Woot, save money and get the same thing," and opportunistic guy says "Woot, I don't need a zillion dollars, but working at this level of marketing would be HUGE for my career going forward, and I can always negotiate a higher pay after I prove I'm worth it."

Pretty much this: You want a good job? Make it easy for someone to hire you. Do their work for them, even during the interview. Volunteer information about yourself, ask them specifics on what they are looking for BEFORE the interview, tailor yourself to fill a role. Do research, work with people in the field (some college professors have been doing their jobs for over 30 years and are crafty SOBs, and many will converse with non-students via email if you're interesting and they get something out of it). Basically, it's not THEIR job to hire you, it's your job to hire yourself, and they just have to sign a few dotted lines to make it official.

Hope this helps you future job hunters.
Good info. : )

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaka View Post
I'm 29, I have 7 years experience working in my field as an Engineer. I currently work for the second best managed company in Canada and we have 11 billion dollars worth of work in outstanding contacts ahead of us. In June, I'm building a subway station in Toronto, Ontario.

"Kid" - It's been well established a long time ago only children use this term. That would further reinforce your inability to conceive the fact any sensible employer is looking for RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE over absolutely EVERYTHING ELSE. It's the #1 most important thing when hiring a new employee.

Cite your information? What @#%$ing company do you know that hires people based on hiring people with good personalities? Or "Happy" people.

What planet do you even live on.
I never said anything about what companies do, or how they function.

I said it's retarded that they work that way.

Nobody cares about your fake work or fake work experience go shove it up your anus.

nennx

12-18-2012

wierd, Riot wants someone with experience for a job that requires experience

as far as the tireless part goes, whats wrong with that? they aren't going to slave you, they just want someone who realizes that the position requires effort. I'm pretty sure they're telling you its just not a jerk-off position

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Explain to me exactly what you even think work ethic is?

How would you go about getting this work ethic if you haven't ever attained a job in the relevant field or you are fresh out of school.

The likelihood of you having proper "work ethic" by actually, you know, working... is way higher than someone who "has not worked"

You are introducing other variables that are not even pertinent. It's a very black and white request with an A / B outcome. There is "Someone who has > 10 years experience in the field" and there is "Someone who does not have > 10 years experience in the field"

You called me unintelligent. Come at me, seriously, I welcome a battle of the wits; it appears you are completely unarmed.
You're saying work ethic is based on field.

Seriously. You're really dense. Discussion over.

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
I never said anything about what companies do, or how they function.

I said it's retarded that they work that way.

Nobody cares about your fake work or fake work experience go shove it up your anus.
Good luck in society with your limited understanding and experience as to how the world works. I see you are doing quite well right now. Nice to see you think my "experience" as "fake" by the way. Huge boost to my ego. (as if I needed that)

Elsea

12-18-2012

Quote:
You're so unintelligent.

A schmoe with no work ethic could have as many years as they wanted.

A new guy happy with his new job could be very lucrative.

Stfu kid.

"Okay, since I said work experience means nothing, and he responded and I can't think of anything else, I'll use ad hominems and for some reason, make the experienced guy have no work ethic and the non experienced guy have all the work ethic."

Experience and work ethic aren't mutually exclusive, the person with experience and work ethic will probably beat the person with only work ethic a high percentage of the time, unless there was a very large difference in capability.

Years of experience in the industry means that you have connections, and know how it works., and how things are done.

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Good luck in society with your limited understanding and experience as to how the world works. I see you are doing quite well right now. Nice to see you think my "experience" as "fake" by the way. Huge boost to my ego. (as if I needed that)
Who cares about what you post on league of legends forums dude. Nobody.

Your basic grammar is trash. You should have spent more time paying attention in English class.

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
"Okay, since I said work experience means nothing, and he responded and I can't think of anything else, I'll use ad hominems and for some reason, make the experienced guy have no work ethic and the non experienced guy have all the work ethic."

Experience and work ethic aren't mutually exclusive, the person with experience and work ethic will probably beat the person with only work ethic a high percentage of the time, unless there was a very large difference in capability.

Years of experience in the industry means that you have connections, and know how it works., and how things are done.
Nobody said they were mutually exclusive.

You should try being relevant.

OgreSamanosuke

12-18-2012

Protip: Every company cares more about experience than anything else, with few exceptions. 10 years is a reasonable amount, assumes you go in right out of college, so assume you were 21, that'd put you at 31. That've extremely feasible. Especially for a company currently worth so much money.