Taric Tactics?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaximumTacolord

11-05-2012

Any tips for Taric?

I've been trying to play more Taric lately, he's super fun but really hard to do well with in a pub. I feel he's more of a two man roamer, trying to pick off isolated champs and back cap then just camp while your partner heads off to take another point. So... pretty much impossible to do with a bunch of meta addicts.

But there are probably other tactics out there.

NavyGothic

11-05-2012

You can play him with some fun specs (AD carry, AP nuker), but I've seen him do best as a tanky support. Build up those aura items (Aegis, FH, Zeke's, Abyssal, Randuins, etc.) and encourage your team to fight as a group as much as possible to maximise the benefit.

In a big fight, try to save your stun to peel for your squishies (eg. if an assassin or bruiser manages to jump on them). Between your protection and auras, your team will have a big advantage. If you're racking up the assists, it means you're doing it right!

MaximumTacolord

11-05-2012

Does AD actually work? I've thought about making a tanky, attack speed Taric with blood razor to max his imbue effects.

A12MO12

11-05-2012

AP taric OP, check out MMKH vid on him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Gowo6hlWc

MMKH

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12MO12 View Post
AP taric OP, check out MMKH vid on him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Gowo6hlWc
DFG nerfed, this is an outrage.

Tempestphile

11-05-2012

I saw MMKH's Taric video, but i cannot figure it out myself..

I mean, even with DFG nerf, his Taric does seem a lot better then what i would look like when playing Taric

Would love some Tips too

The only time I've seen one that's good went AD, with sheen and fratmas

MaximumTacolord

11-05-2012

I don't think I've ever seen an AP Taric do that kind of crazy damage. Would you need magic pen runes for that, I tend to use tank runes as I'm lazy and don't want to buy more pages.

I think I may try out a triforce Taric in my next game.

Zulgaines

11-05-2012

Try this:

Merc, FH, Wits End, Aegis, Spirit visage.

You're now a tanky bruiser-ish and staying useful .

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumTacolord View Post
I don't think I've ever seen an AP Taric do that kind of crazy damage. Would you need magic pen runes for that, I tend to use tank runes as I'm lazy and don't want to buy more pages.

I think I may try out a triforce Taric in my next game.
it's because E deals more damage the closer the enemy is to you, jayce commited the not so obvious msitake of "oh look just a support" *jump in his face*.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

You need frozen hearth, ASAP (get prospector rignt though), the rest doesn't really matter.