Would this iteration of Shaco be proper in today's League?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreshFuhrer

10-02-2013

Here's Shaco's original kit

Quote:
* Hallucinate - Shaco creates an illusion of himself nearby, which deals 50% damage and receives 200%. On death, the illusion deals Magic Damage to nearby enemies. Lasts up to 12 seconds. Limit 1 illusion; casting will destroy an already existing illusion.
* Jack In The Box - Shaco creates an animated Jack In The Box at target location. It will rapidly fire on nearby enemies, dealing Physical Damage per hit. If no enemies are nearby, the Box will stealth for up to 60 seconds, waiting for one to come near. It has Health and will fire for up to 5 seconds once activated.
* Maniacal Cloak - Toggle: Shaco continually restealths himself after not attacking or casting for seconds. Drains 15 Mana per Second while Stealthed.
* Two-Shiv Poison - Passive: While Two-Shiv Poison is ready to cast, Shaco poisons his targets on hit, reducing their chance to hit and Movement Speed by 20% for 1.5 seconds. Active: Shaco can cast Two-Shiv Poison to deal Damage to target enemy, and reduce their chance to hit and Movement Speed by 50% for Seconds.
* Passive: When hitting from behind, Shaco deals 35% bonus damage.
Remove the miss chance component on his 'ult', maybe make it guaranteed on the active, tone down the passive to current values (maybe make it increase by 5% per level of ult?), and perhaps make Maniacal Cloak not work within a certain radius of enemies (like Evelynn but actually deactive) or wards, and we have a pretty handy hero.

Thoughts?

Daen

10-02-2013

Why do you have all the abilities out of order... >.>

Aaanyway.

Passive: A straight buff that I don't think he needs.

Q: This would actually hurt him a lot. Deceive is a giant part of his kit, and you're proposing removing his gap closer and essentially giving him Eve's passive with a mana drain. This harshly punishes him for not fighting constantly. Yes I'm aware it's a toggle, but it would do nothing but bad things both for his strength as a champion and the health of the game.

W: Seems identical except for the fact that it starts firing immediately. I actually like this change but it would have to have its AP ratio completely gutted for it to be balanced.

E: I'm assuming you mean this to be roughly similar to his current Shiv's mechanics, in that the blind chance doesn't work on champions. Otherwise I don't really think the additional slow is necessary.

Ultimate: You need to elaborate on this. You directly nerf both the damage it does and the amount of damage it takes then reference an illusion and don't say anything about the mechanics behind it.

FreshFuhrer

10-02-2013

That's the order they were in when they were datamined. I think it's either right QWERP or backwards.

Daen

10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFuhrer View Post
That's the order they were in when they were datamined. I think it's either right QWERP or backwards.
Pick one and label it properly. You're now telling me it's either QWERP or QWERP and are not actually saying which you'd like it to be. Logically speaking I'm assuming you have it written as RWQE, correct me if I'm wrong.

B3ER

10-02-2013

Shaco without his jump would need a lot of base stats to add to his survivability. Shaco without his jump would be kinda dull too. Riot has tried for about 1.5 years to fix him, they gave up.

He's a "toxic" champ that would cause players to not want to play this game so Riot makes toxic champs underpowered. The 15 Shaco players would also get reallllly angry if any of his elements got removed (jump, stealth, clone, boxes, slow+nuke). Best option? Riot does nothing and keeps Shaco down everytime he becomes a little bit viable.