How about a Christmas map for Crystal scar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

12-18-2012

I'd rather have them spend their time and resources on stuff that would help us more.

konfetarius

12-18-2012

Specifically, if we are talking people who are responcible for map stuff, maybe they could get around to optimizing Dominion for various crashes, fps drops, and cursor bugs.

NamKim

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Specifically, if we are talking people who are responcible for map stuff, maybe they could get around to optimizing Dominion for various crashes, fps drops, and cursor bugs.
I would much rather have Riot work on optimizing the map to improve "smoothness," average FPS, the cursor bug (I never personally had this but I know it exist), and pathing issues (I never had pathing problems but I know that they exist) than a seasonal map skin.

I think someone before said this, even SR didn't get a holiday/winter skin. That means that Riot really meant it when they said they put so much attention to making the new TT that they didn't have enough time to make a holiday skin if even SR didn't get one.

Edit: I also said this before. If another map got so much attention that it took away time from SR, I consider that a win in my book.

But like I said, I rather have permanent improvement to the map graphics/coding over a temporary map skin any day of the year.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bitterness View Post
This is a great idea. Unfortunately, Riot would actually have to care about the map to do that.

Not too much, of course, but just enough to reskin the the map. I mean, a Christmas version of the Crystal Scar is nothing compared to balancing champions across *gasp* all three of their current maps, actually *double gasp* testing interations of items like Blackfire Torch before releasing them and not unduly nerfing items like Black Cleaver because they couldn't be bothered to see the serious issue the first time, or actually *triple gasp* make champion abilities scale and/or function differently on different maps -while remaining true to the nature of the champions and their abilities- so that there was real flavour when it came to games that went beyond item builds.

So, if Riot can manage to just marginally care, just enough to reskin the Crystal Scar, your idea can come to the fore. It's a great idea, too, don't let my anger at Riot lead you to think otherwise. I just don't see them caring enough to do it.
implying that black cleaver didn't neeed the nerff *snort* and No, making the passive unique and leaving it as is wouldn't be the soulution, it would still give 84 flat penetration(counting runes and masteries) and a butload of stats to whoever stacked them, hell it still does, it only doesn't give you the ability to do true damage to tanks and everyone under the sun anymore

Kiddalee

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
There's also the little issue where Dominion and League of Legends is played worldwide, and the whole world doesn't celebrate xmas.
We're not talking about Xmas, we're talking about Christmas. But despite trying to raise a point about the popularity of Xmas, you forget that much more of the world celebrates Xmas than Christmas. There should be no problem with Riot creating an Xmas skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
A snow skin would be nice... but I much prefer a magma chamber skin.
Lava in the holes would be cool.