Some Quick Amumu Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

12-19-2012

So I've been trying to get back into Amumu lately, but I feel like I'm a bit out of the loop on what the cool kids do with him:

I've been running pretty standard tanky runes (Mpen - HP/lvl - MR@18 - Movespeed), 9/21/0 masteries, starting Ruby Crystal + Amp Tome to get an early Haunting Guise. Most games I've been trying to complete BFT, MR/Armor boots, Runic Bulwark (due to lack of team MR), Sunfire and/or Abyssal.

- Is that the usual start? I don't really find myself missing the regen from Prospector's..
- Do people usually run pen boots? I tried a few times but felt pretty squishy..
- Anything blatantly wrong I'm doing or that you guys do better?

All help appreciated!

Zeoroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Iīd drop the Sunfire for a FH and try to add a Rylai, it gives you AP/HP and is good for keeping people in your W

In my two last games with Amumu I used the following:

- Sorc Boots
- Rylai
- Runic Bulwark
- Frozen Heart
- Abyssal

And if the game lasted long enough for me to have a full build, Iīd have gotten either a Wooglets or Void Staff depending on how much MR the enemy team had.

Personally I havenīt felt that squishy, and your ult hurts so much that Amumu ends up crying because of how bad he feels for his enemies Also I have been doing the same Ruby + Amp start to get the early Haunting Guise, usually works pretty well.

Please keep in mind I donīt consider myself a good player or anything, but still hope this helps you in some way (Even if only for knowing what not to do lol) and Iīm sure someone else will be able to give better advice

Volandum

12-20-2012

Prospector's Ring has been buffed so hard it's probably a stronger use of a slot than a needlessly large rod, it's definitely worth starting with.

Das Strychnine

12-20-2012

Sorc Boots
BFT
Rylais
FH or Abyssal
Void Staff

Super tanky and OP Dmg.

bierfaust

12-20-2012

Build anything you want on him. His base stats on spells are bull**** for a tank. Just build ap items and u will smash people.

Zeiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I also start Amp Tome, Ruby Crystal since I want to get BFT off ASAP. In most cases, BFT+Sorcs are the only offense items I'd need. All others are CDR/tanky items.

I'd personally want more cooldown on Amumu since Q and R are very powerful. Q -> R -> Q can pretty much lockdown anyone during a teamfight (and you'd probably kill him if he doesn't have MR).

Abyssal takes a long time to make when I prioritize CDR (many of which are tanky items), so I usually get Sorc Shoes instead. I only get Abyss if the game takes longer than usual. Sometimes I'd get Void over it if I can already buy a complete Void.

If I see anyone on the enemy team with a spammable stun/silence that lasts 100 seconds or a Teemo, I'd go with Mercs. If there're 4 AD champs at top, definitely Ninja Tabi.

A12MO12

12-20-2012

do not get rylais on amumu it is very expensive for some health and a 15% slow.(since everything except bandage toss is aoe)

9-21-0
magic pen reds, flat armor or scaling armor yellows, MR/lvl blues and quints can be whatever you want i take move speed or flat AP.
lvl R>E> alternate E and Q

Your goal is to try and protect the squishies in your team. Always try and stick to the enemy team squishies and if you are going for an ult try to hit as many people as possible.

Merc/sorc/ninjatabi
BFT
Frozen heart
Runic Bulwark
Abyssal
Situational item - if oyu need health and armor get randuins, more MR get odyn's, maybe more damage go with void staff or wooglets.

Das Strychnine

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12MO12 View Post
do not get rylais on amumu it is very expensive for some health and a 15% slow.(since everything except bandage toss is aoe)

9-21-0
magic pen reds, flat armor or scaling armor yellows, MR/lvl blues and quints can be whatever you want i take move speed or flat AP.
lvl R>E> alternate E and Q

Your goal is to try and protect the squishies in your team. Always try and stick to the enemy team squishies and if you are going for an ult try to hit as many people as possible.

Merc/sorc/ninjatabi
BFT
Frozen heart
Runic Bulwark
Abyssal
Situational item - if oyu need health and armor get randuins, more MR get odyn's, maybe more damage go with void staff or wooglets.
Heh, Rylais gives 500 HP, AP and a slow which amumu needs to stick to targets, just because it's 15% doesn't mean it's bad, that is easily the difference between someone kiting him all day vs not being able to do anything.

Also, you should level Q first for the CDR, Q is amazing, has a insane AP ratio and does tons of dmg to squishies, also, when you land a Q in a team fight or even 1v1, **** is going down.

A Slime Appears

12-20-2012

The only question that needs to be asked is why his W isn't a spammable Q skill.

A12MO12

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
Heh, Rylais gives 500 HP, AP and a slow which amumu needs to stick to targets, just because it's 15% doesn't mean it's bad, that is easily the difference between someone kiting him all day vs not being able to do anything.

Also, you should level Q first for the CDR, Q is amazing, has a insane AP ratio and does tons of dmg to squishies, also, when you land a Q in a team fight or even 1v1, **** is going down.
1) if you level q first it's damage is reliant on landing it which doesn't always happen.

2) Tantrum cd is reduced by geting hit so you end up doing more damage then bandage toss easily.

3) Rylais is not the best on amumu since all his skills except bandage toss is aoe meaning you will only slow 15% most of the time. If you are getting kited with amumu you are doing something wrong because his bandage toss will not have a long cd by max rank.

4) To stick to targets you can just run MS quints and from masteries. Any good amumu will be able to land q anyways so rylais is not necessary.

5) If you really want AP the three best items on amumu are abyssal scepter, blackfire and wooglets. With those 3 items you get health, MR, armor, and invunerable active and more DoT to your kit.

so a balanced build I would say
sorc/merc/tabi
blackfire
randuins/frozen heart <-- depends if you rather have more health or more armor
spirit visage/odyns/bulwark <-- depends if you want more MR or mix of MR and health
abyssal <-- synergizes with his passive to shred 55 MR
wooglets <-- straight beast on him, wouldn't recommend rushing this early he needs durability.