Ability Synergy AMA by BergMeister

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Hello, My name is BergMeister, a member of council. As an introduction we had the idea to do several AMA's or Ask Me Anything Posts that are designed to help you all achieve better champ crafting. We discussed different roles in which we felt each member excelled in and assigned them to create these AMAs. So without further ado, here is my AMA on champion synergy. Please ask any question that you might have pertaining to Ability Synergy and/or mechanics. If you have a question about a different segment of champ crafting, such as numbers or lore, more council members will be making their AMA shortly.

Featured Champion:
In the searchings for yet another!

Starter Questions:

Q: What is Ability Synergy?

A: Ability synergy is what makes a champion go from meh, to wow. Its what makes them fun to play and have life to it. It also rewards higher skilled players ways to increase their potency by using the spells. A great example of Ability Synergy is Shyvanna. All of her abilities link to her passive and flow together to make a kit that makes sense. Her E amplifies all of her basic attack damage. This makes her naturely a chasing champion so she would need a Speed up, which is where her W comes in which speeds her up and adds to her damage. In short, Ability Synergy is the flow of the champions abilities that bind them together and make it clear why they are to go together. The passive IS included in Synergy as well as the Ultimate. It is important to think not only of the abilities between themselves but the lore in which they fit, if you have a champion from the shadow isles, and is inherently evil, it may be confusing for them to be a support for one or to have support type abilities, a champion that is evil is likely to be self centered, and helping allies isn't on their high list of priority. Not to say you couldn't justify it, but you need to explain it perhaps by saying that they are a champion who will not do anything for anyone other than themselves. Lore means everything in synergy.

Q: Does my champion HAVE to have synergy.

A: Yes.

Q: What if I don't want my abilities to flow together because that's the personality of my Champion.

A: Refer to previous question. A champion needs synergy because that is what makes them fun to play to all people.

Q: Well what about Sejuani, she has good synergy but shes boring as hell to play? What about Yi, he has no synergy.

A: Sejuani is boring because she has no wow factor to her, she does 0 damage and her abilities are abilities that have been seen and done before. There is nothing new that she brings to the table. Yi actually does have synergy. The only ability that really doesn't fit well i>nto his kit is his heal. But even riot makes mistakes sometimes. And it makes AP Yi viable so, what the heck.
<Link to my main Page: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2988828 >

Moby the White

12-17-2012

Bump

Dzanio

12-17-2012

I would tend to disagree with the comment about sej, she has really good early game damage because of the synergy, although yes she falls off fast, and mostly becomes a cc bot by the end of mid game.

It's also important to think about cross champion synergy; how can your champion help your team, or specific members of your team. i.e. if you want a champion's backstory to involve Anivia it might be nice to throw in a frost ability so that you can give her damage amplification.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Oh thats the part I wanted to talk about. lore/ability synergy thanks for reminding me. And i didnt say sej wasn't good. I just said she wasnt fun to play, cause shes not.

Dzanio

12-17-2012

o.O

She is though.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

thats an opinion you are allowed to have those :P

Dzanio

12-17-2012

Fair enough.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

I personally find her kind of fun as per I am a warmog stacking kind of guy plus i throw on a rylais for shenanigans is it the best build ever? HELL NO! Is it hilarious to have a 6k+ sej steamrolling your face most DEFINITELY!

Dzanio

12-17-2012

LOL, well she does scale off the hp, although I tend to go for fm over rylais.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
LOL, well she does scale off the hp, although I tend to go for fm over rylais.
im going for the stacking slows

I know the second slow is cut in half but ITS AWESOME!

12345 ... 6