Riot, did you forget Lissandra, Kassadin's Daughter,etc.? You never mention them

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mors Martell

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Sometimes it's best to leave some Characters lore only. Not sure if there is a specific term for it, but leaving Champions up to imagination can be a special thing. It allows players (like myself) to create our own backstories, our own kits, let our own interpretation of the character be the true story. Also there is an expectation that comes with turning lore into something you can play. The fact that there are Characters I will never know about unless I read the JoJ makes those pieces of work innately special. One could also say that once a Character becomes a Champion, they are no longer special pieces of LoL's backstory, they are simply Champions to judge on viability, strength, and sexuality. Kassadin's daughter no longer becomes a pivotal piece of Kassadin and Malzahar's history. The mystery of her existance, how she connects to the Void is gone. In a sense the feeling of wonder and imagination is gone

Or it is SATISFIED. It adds into the connection of the story and makes it MUCH more visible and real.

I prefer seeing it in front of my eyes. It's STUPID to have Ashe and Sejuani but NOT Lissandra.

zing

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Sometimes it's best to leave some Characters lore only. Not sure if there is a specific term for it, but leaving Champions up to imagination can be a special thing. It allows players (like myself) to create our own backstories, our own kits, let our own interpretation of the character be the true story. Also there is an expectation that comes with turning lore into something you can play. The fact that there are Characters I will never know about unless I read the JoJ makes those pieces of work innately special. One could also say that once a Character becomes a Champion, they are no longer special pieces of LoL's backstory, they are simply Champions to judge on viability, strength, and sexuality. Kassadin's daughter no longer becomes a pivotal piece of Kassadin and Malzahar's history. The mystery of her existance, how she connects to the Void is gone. In a sense the feeling of wonder and imagination is gone
ya but wouldn't it be awesome if riot just made the champs

ZodiarkSavior

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIAN View Post
Female supports? Arent they almost all female
Also, Sejuani is in a bad state and has been since she was released.......not perfectly realised like it should have been
Should of said manly ADC. Forums asked for Manly ADC. Got Graves and Draaaaaven. Forums asked for female Tank. Got Leona AND Sejuani back to back. Forums asked for Blind Monk. Got Lee Sin. Forums asked for Tree. Got Maokai. Forums asked for Spider Queen. Got Elise. And so many more example of community requests that Riot has fulfilled.

Guys, stop acting like Riot is the big bad that forgot about your birthday. They haven't. Just because they abide confidentiality agreements, doesn't mean that you should be entitled to berate them and make snide comments :\

Artemis Quinn

12-17-2012

I would like to see a lot of these champs too... mainly kog's dad and kass' daughter.

Have patience though... if riot pumped out all the characters we wanted right away we wouldn't have something to complain about.

Think of it this way... blind monk and spider queen were rumored and begged for since almost the beginning of lol and you see how long it took to get them.

That said I am sad lore in the game died. Originally riot did a lot for a small company but as they have grown it seems like all focus is on esports and very little effort is put forth into giving the game depth. Like I say a lot for a small company a little for a large company.

Crackerjack5

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusVult17 View Post
Lore got gutted 6 or so months ago sad to say

so the radical change from lores pre and post jayce
Vi and Cait disagree

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbaby View Post
SHE WOULD FIT THE PICTURE. She has similar looking skills, she fits the age, she would work SO well... how would that be a fixy?
Not really because we don't know anything about her. It was just implied that Malzahar did something with her.

And I mean, why would you even assume that she would survive there.

Just because they are mentioned shortly somewhere else doesn't mean you need to add them.

ZodiarkSavior

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbaby View Post
Or it is SATISFIED. It adds into the connection of the story and makes it MUCH more visible and real.

I prefer seeing it in front of my eyes. It's STUPID to have Ashe and Sejuani but NOT Lissandra.
Nobody even cared about Lissandra or Sejuani. No idea why you're bringing Lissandra up now.

Besides, what's the point of Lissandra if we didn't have Ashe or Sejuani? She would be unimportant, just a speck of dust.

ph3195k9

12-17-2012

The state of the lore is truly kind of sad especially since they gave up completely on Judgments and gutted the JoJ...

Mors Martell

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
Nobody even cared about Lissandra or Sejuani. No idea why you're bringing Lissandra up now.

Besides, what's the point of Lissandra if we didn't have Ashe or Sejuani? She would be unimportant, just a speck of dust.
Are you mad? Lissandra was part of the trio you fool

It's like having Akali and Shen without Kennen, it doesn't work.

Artemis Quinn

12-17-2012

I miss judgements too.

Another character I always wanted to see was Katarina's dad (I am not going to butcher his name on my phone)