Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Charity Skin Sale for Sandy Hook Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

Dear Riot and of course General Discussion readers,

I normally shy away from GD altogether because the main discussion tends to be a revolving door. However, tonight I've come here in the hopes of attracting Red attention. The recent tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Conneticut is something I feel that we as a community could possibly address with a charitable donation in some way. I remember we did the Nurse Akali skin sale to help the victims in Japan. I think that it would be appropriate to do the same for the parents of the SHES school. Christmas is only a few days away now and rather than worrying about paying for gifts these parents are now worried about financing the costs of funeral arrangements. As a community, it would really show that we as video gamers care about what has happened. PS: Please keep this on the front page so that we can at the very least show support. Also Dear Downvoters, yes I know you are there because I watched this go from +3 to +1 I understand the reasons for your disagreement, this is merely just a suggestion so it is completely acceptable if you downvote and move on this is only my attempt to try and get us as a community to band together and help these parents. Also I just want to clarify, I feel the urge to do something as a community in order to show we as video gamers care. There is a lot of negative talk in the media currently about how video games lead to violence, I want to show that video games have a positive effect too. Even if it isn't this, maybe we could at least do something, maybe even a moment of silence. Just something is better than nothing.

This is strictly my own opinion and I thank you for your time,

Moby the White CCFC

Laboufe

12-17-2012

I agree riot should put up a fund raiser for this. However i dont necessarily agree with a sale, id be glad to spend full rp on something knowing it is going to this cause.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

wow page two already :S

Moby the White

12-17-2012

Quote:
laboufe:
I agree riot should put up a fund raiser for this. However i dont necessarily agree with a sale, id be glad to spend full rp on something knowing it is going to this cause.

okay so it doesn't have to be a sale but as long as we do something because right now people are claiming violent video games cause violence and I don't like what I hear. I want to change that I want video games to be a cause for good.

Laboufe

12-17-2012

Quote:
Moby the White:
okay so it doesn't have to be a sale but as long as we do something because right now people are claiming violent video games cause violence and I don't like what I hear. I want to change that I want video games to be a cause for good.

Yep i agree completely

And it was K

12-17-2012

Quote:
Moby the White:

That's just the media being ****ing retarded as usual. No amount of reason will change this.

Anyway, I think it's better to just let those people have their peace. It's great to want to help, but throwing money at a situation like this won't do much. Donate silently if possible and leave them alone.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

Quote:
And it was K:
That's just the media being ****ing retarded as usual. No amount of reason will change this.

Anyway, I think it's better to just let those people have their peace. It's great to want to help, but throwing money at a situation like this won't do much. Donate silently if possible and leave them alone.

Okay I appreciate your opinion on it, an anonymous donation is still a great gesture.

Moby the White

12-17-2012

Bump if you support this cause.

Worst Evelynn BR

12-17-2012

Thumbs up and a bump from me. Although I'm trying to think of what skin could be 'fitting', although that's a poor word for it.

Certainly something that reflects the childhood innocence that was lost that day.

Letkhar

12-17-2012

apparent that each entity has a degree of grievability associated with it. certain children rank among the highest of all grievable entities according to us, above even god & other certain children. when certain children die we grieve frenetically through our television sets for weeks, it blisters our sleep & we begin to answer all questions with I love you please don't die. when other certain children die they just die & are added to the piles of other certain children who also happened to have died. certain children get death that is Death, other certain children get death that is corpse among a mess of littered concrete veins crumbled in obstacle to the logistics of transporting bodies, a macabre task carried out by other certain children who have not happened to have died yet.

our hierarchy of grievable entities is very clear at times & its design is deliberate & with purpose. held to the supreme distillation of their reality, the architects have chosen to privilege certain children over other certain children, & surrounded by a collective gasp when certain children die, & surrounded by an occasional murmur when other certain children die, they are confirmed again & again.