@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaseWins

12-23-2012

Ps I really really like the idea of retiring some champs (tho still available if purchased prior)

Shiftmad

12-23-2012

Why do people always want to nerf Katarina, I main Katarina and she is easily countered by cc. People just need to l2p. I understand people wanting Darius nerfed, his ult is completely broken and op. I do not like the fact that in teamfights he gets EVERY SINGLE KILL and its only because of that stupid reset on his ult. I've played many games with Darius and I find once he gets a couple of kills early game, he just roams and steals all the kills from the carry making them unfed and making the team lose.

Slyverius

12-25-2012

Irelia's most problematic skill is Hiten Style, true damage and free sustain on AA. As long as it's not reworked, she is a problem. But the real problem is if they reworked it, Irelia player will most likely QQ, which creates a lose-lose situation.

And

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentFox View Post
... play Dota2 anymore (if you do the same build every time, you suck).
Fixed.

Ralik098

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyverius View Post
Irelia's most problematic skill is Hiten Style, true damage and free sustain on AA. As long as it's not reworked, she is a problem. But the real problem is if they reworked it, Irelia player will most likely QQ, which creates a lose-lose situation.

And

Fixed.
Irelia's Hiten Style is one of her defining skills in her kit... They probably can't change it without changing the feel of the champion.

TotalCrap

12-25-2012

i dont understand the item nerfs and the need to actually delete items, starks fervor was ushing it now everything is even more nerfed or straight up deleted

Tetro

12-25-2012

Could you please delay the next champion release and focus on balancing the game? In my opinion Darius and Xin Hao are very overpowered. It feels as if the only way of winning would be choosing an ad bruiser, or the overused champions like katarina, ezreal, etc.

Shin0bu

12-25-2012

I'll admit, I will be kind of sad once Poppy gets her eventual rework. She's the champion that I mained on my first journey to level 30 :c

Tristana doesn't need a rework she's fine as is. DON'T TOUCH MY OTHER BABY AS WELL

Frightning

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Jax is a fighter, and the distinction is the tools we let him have - things like a stun and beefiness (as well as non-DPS build paths that make sense) make him a fighter. I'm actually worried that by making those guys so good, we can't make glass cannon melee good.
Unless I'm completely mistaken, even in DotA, there is no such thing as glass cannon melee carries, as they get health for buying strength which also gives them damage. Without such a mechanic, LoL's melee carries have for as long as I've played this game (since part way through Season 1, mind you) have been generally under-performing and usually outclassed by other picks.

Since league doesn't have a stat which parallels the behavior of strength, and such a mechanic would be OP in the hands of many fighters, I suggest the solution is to rework the kits of existing melee carries to fix this. (To this end I've already posted a suggest for Fiora in one of her threads)

Unbeatabledeath

01-04-2013

When will the new patch come out its been toooo long!!!!!!

FoxxyThunderTits

01-04-2013

Hey Morello, are you guys or whoever still trying to figure out Xerath? I know this isn't the exact place to post but I just gotta ask.