@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaed

12-19-2012

By the way, if you rework Sion, can you keep AD Sion as either a possible build or the main purpose of the character? From his kit it doesn't seem like he was intended to be an AP caster, plus it doesn't really fit the "giant zombie with an axe" theme. I'm perfectly fine with multiple possible roles, just would hate to see Sion become a pure spellcaster.

Darklarik

12-19-2012

Morello, i had an idea for Rengar

Savagery.... His Q could have been given a scaling, so that it isnt OP like in the early levels but dosent scale of horribly late game a problem Rengar had upon release, which is why his Q was buffed to begin with.
I think a EmpQ bonus 80% at lv 1---> 120% at lv5 Would have been nice. But allas, his only damage output now deals no damage.

His Regen wasent the problem, it was that % heal, which could also have been given a scaling. like 10% at lv 1 ---> 15% at lv 5. It wouldent have hurt to give it an AD scale as well, to compensate for the Q nerfs, and make his jungle easier to clear. say like (1.0 per bonus AD?) while nerfing his AP ratio to (.7 ap) so to balance a possible Hybrid build. They could then add a (.3 Ap )scale to his E and lower its Ad scale to (.6 per bonus Ad) to accomodate for a hybrid build, which woulda have added more item versatility... but oh well, lost potential.

Players would then need to choose between upgrading his Q for damage or his W for defense, and leaving one point in the ability would be a bit lackluster.

and then of course, the ultimate....

Originally, his ult was buffed because he couldent catch anything. Hows he suppose to do that now? You bring back the old problems like they never happened... His ult deals no damage. 5 seconds of crappy stealth on nearly a 3 minute cd is ludicrous. His reveal isnt even that long at early levels, its 2000, just 400 more range than Nid's Spear. and even at 4000 range i dont know how this reveal can be considered op since unlike TF its gone as soon as he does anything.

Also, his Neckalace could use a buff. Instead of 2 ad per level, could it be 2.5?

Darklarik

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Sure!

Warwick Actually a pretty good jungler here - not too worried.
You consider WW to be ok? Yah hes a good Jungler, for farming! Hes Ganking horrible, which is why almost no one is using him right now. All he has going for him is sustain, he cant help the lanes at all until he reaches lv 6.

Couldent you rework his E bloodscent?
like make the sensing a passive (and remove the enemy notification that they are being marked)

And give the ability like an active blink/dash? If he had at least a reliable distance closer pre-lv 6 he would be so much more effective at succesfully getting a gank

greywolf00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Burden of proof is on the state. Show that pattern if you would.
Been playing off and on since Brand and the only new hero that was released and struck me as UP was Yorick.

Dragull2

12-19-2012

Quote:
Jax is a fighter, and the distinction is the tools we let him have - things like a stun and beefiness (as well as non-DPS build paths that make sense) make him a fighter. I'm actually worried that by making those guys so good, we can't make glass cannon melee good.
You can't, that's something inherent to the game. Dota can work with melee carries due to
1. Crazy powerful items such as BKB.
2. Turning speed, making it impossible to kite, or at least much less effective.

And quite honestly, the game doesn't have to.

Gangplank and Nocturne work well as fighters, getting damage items, but not going full glass cannon.
Instead of forcing Master Yi and Tryndamere into something that will most likely not work, I think it would be just better make them fit more into the role of fighters.
Example: Like give Yi some passive armor/mr from his W and reduce the active resistances (300 is an overkill).

EDIT: Zed'd, someone else already posted pretty much the same thing. lol

fiendlord

12-19-2012

Earlier Urgot's nerf was mentioned as one of the possible overnerfs. While I hated playing against him before and never really played him myself beyond once or twice, I do admit that almost no one I've seen plays him much anymore. Do you think he might be fixed if you kept the range nerf, but reversed the damage nerf? I see him as someone who is meant to be high risk high reward, but before he had little risk due to his combo being not very difficult to land. Possibly do some visibility changes similar to Cass and Cho so a chaotic fight doesn't mean he gets an easy 3/4 of the target's health?

DarkChiSam

12-19-2012

Quote:
Sure!

Nasus [I]Unsure - might have fatal flaws, might just be because overtuned metagolems.[/I

Poppy Blue Yordle needs rework badly

Tryndamere A little on the synergy problem, but mostly this is about melee AD. Tryn's kit would e most likely to be good if melee AD were usable.

Karma Being reworked

Ashe Unsure. Might need a bit of love, but not a rework.

Jarvan IV Whoa, this guy's a beast right now. I think he has some design flaws, though.

Fiddlesticks Good jungler now for something different.

Veigar Good at being a burst mage, and has 2 ults (R and W). I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be.

Tristana Likely needs something, unsure though.

Sion Needs rework.
where are GP Malzahar Xerath Volibear??????????????????????????? hello????? are u playing League of legend or what?

Earl of Madness

12-19-2012

Hey Morello I would like to ask you would it be possible to either buff Kha Zix's Evolved Claws or or nerf the other evolutions or something because right now Evolved Claws isn't a very good choice to Evolve on Kha Zix Right now and as a personal choice i like that ability to kill more but it just isn't good enough to waste the precious evolution point on his evolved claws.

Asside from that I think that Dianna was overnerfed she used to be a lane bully and now she is far too easy to beat i'm glad that she is getting rebuffed. Also any clue as to how you are going to fix rengar so he is more balanced and fun? Any hints

ChesswarF

12-19-2012

Quote:
Sure!

Nasus [I]Unsure - might have fatal flaws, might just be because overtuned metagolems.[/I

Poppy Blue Yordle needs rework badly

Tryndamere A little on the synergy problem, but mostly this is about melee AD. Tryn's kit would e most likely to be good if melee AD were usable.

Karma Being reworked

Ashe Unsure. Might need a bit of love, but not a rework.

Jarvan IV Whoa, this guy's a beast right now. I think he has some design flaws, though.

Fiddlesticks Good jungler now for something different.

Veigar Good at being a burst mage, and has 2 ults (R and W). I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be.

Tristana Likely needs something, unsure though.

Sion Needs rework.
please remake taric and ashe passive.They passive(Focus,Gemcraft) is useless when teamfight plz..

Luci0us

12-19-2012

@Morello

I'm just gonna throw this out to you, over the past few pages I've seen 18 Diana-specific comments that all have one thing in common, they are praising Riot for restoring her Ulti's range; while I have only seen 2 Diana-specific comments about how she doesn't need to be buffed.
9 : 1 in favor of giving Diana her ulti's range back, I hope you and Riot won't disappoint us <3