@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyzos

12-18-2012

Morrello, will we ever see a Darius nerf. Alot of people say he is easily countered, problem is, you HAVE to counter him, to stand a chance. Example I can play Wukong against Olaf, and stand a chance if i play defensivly, even tho Olaf is a hard counter to Wu, if you play any champ other than a Darius counter against Darius, you dont stand a chance. even his counters don't always dominate him, they just stand a chance against him. Im not asking to nerf his ulti CD reset, just a base stat reduction, all around he is just to strong of a champion.

Edit: few other things, if i am so lucky as to get an answer

Are you considering any type of Jungle changes since Season 3 launch? Just asking because as jungler used to be my fav. role, now I hate it. I am Snowballing either good or bad with it. I am always having a hard time keeping up with Experience and gold. Heck last game as Mundo I ended 5/4/20 and the support who had a similar score (assists and kills) WAY less farm, had more gold than me with gold per 10 and such. Most of my assists I had been getting like 50 gold from, even if I brought down the enemies health to 1 shot for my teammate (which I had done alot). I hear this from alot of my friends and teammates as well.

That was a rare occurence where I had a good jungle score, The team was premade on TeamSpeak so we were able to cordinate quite well, If I play with a team w/o Cordination and the lanes are pushed to towers, then im rle screwed.

Khaosleader87

12-18-2012

Just have a quick question is there anything that will be done with shaco in the future. I luv him as a champ. But i think he falls off hard late game. I understand 1 bad buff could throw him into op status. But it would be nice if he had something done

Mo00se

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Not until after the holidays, sad to say.

What about rengar morello ? after the holidays too or a bit sooner?

DanyaHerald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:

Diana: We overnerfed here, agreed. Will fix next patch.
I feel like I would have liked to see some more numbers changes first, before the the changes to ranges.

The entire reason Diana was fun and satisfying was her mobility. Perhaps she was too tanky, and so she could take too many risks, but the ability to make those long range initiations was what made her ult feel worthwhile.

As for her E, that was a skill that would only catch someone if you activated it the moment you reached melee range; otherwise they would leave it by the time it activated. If it is going to have a smaller range it has to cast instantly: Or something... It just doesn't honestly work as is.

I think the E nerf is the one I hate the most; the skill is borderline nonexistent at this point.

Q damage nerf was deserved, and smaller orbs on W is painful, but I suppose I would learn to deal with it, but honestly the E, R and W nerfs are the problems, in my eyes.

Nerf Q speed maybe, maybe nerf Ult CD so it is more demanding, maybe nerf W damage or E slow strength.

To be honest I'd rather have a longer range on my E, and a decreased slow, than the way it is right now, because it's currently just a melee range .5 second knockup and slow.

Sorry for wall of inchorant text, but I think these nerfs really hurt the feeling of manipulating the battlefield Diana had that was what made her so fun.

Mccain

12-18-2012

Morello, if you want to know what is the most/least banned champions, or if you want to see which champions lose the most or wins the most, here is a website! You can see which campions don't win as much, and you can see if you need to change anything. http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...te&range=daily

Chariot

12-18-2012

Fiora buff?

TheM0ve

12-18-2012

How about leting all Diana owners get a 24hr option for a refund after you destroy her to the ground. You want to break champs and ruin them thats fine its your game. But dont take my money than ruin a champ.

fheartbreak

12-18-2012

I'm glad to see that you will fix Diana so happy
but about zyra,she's still an ap not a support
plz don't just because that she is good work as support to nerf her as an ap
I think this patch is really too much to her as an ap I don't know whether she can go mid or not
I hope she can get some love too

Devastator Jones

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBM View Post
^ what about Rammus >_<
Rammus is kind of doing "ok" at the moment - no pun intended.

Carnack

12-18-2012

Quote:
Rengar: We need to tear him down a bit to build him back up .
Translated as: We wanna break him down so bad that he flails around like a puppet with some strings cut and then maybe sometime down the line give him a little bit to turn him back into a lovable little kitty that is very well suited to sitting on laps.

I'm sick of seeing Rengar get neutered. He was a blast before. Now he's about as fun to play as a bowl of mashed potatoes.