Draft que wait time sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johnny Voodoo

03-23-2014

I am trying to make this work but seeing a 12+ min que timer is discouraging.
Why don't more people que up for it instead of blind pick ?!

Romantic Metro

03-23-2014

No one really plays draft que unfortunately. Not enough player base, and the community that is within dominion is pretty much turned off from draft. Something something same picks every game. Basically the only draft games to be had are in inhouses or during the DD tournament. Other than that there is no real draft.

HaIfhearted

03-23-2014

Because the draft queue wait time sucks.
Which in turn leads people to not queue for draft. Which just makes the queue times suck more. Which makes even more people not queue for draft. Which makes the queue times worse. Which.....

.....you know what, I'm just going to stop here.

Now if you want to know why draft got like that in the first place, about a year back there was this bug where the dodge penalty for Dominion games was somehow disabled, and in the 3 or so months it took Riot to realize that we didn't have a dodge penalty (and that they needed to get their lazy asses to fix it) people had dodged it completely to death.

R.I.P. Dominion draft pick. We miss you.

KaWraith

03-23-2014

It's a long story. Last time I que'd draft I gave up when it couldn't find a game after 6 hours.

Essentially Riot accidentally disabled the penalty timer for dodging queue, so people would go through the whole draft and dodge right at the end if they didn't get the champ they wanted, or thought the other team comp looked better. Since there was no penalty, they would requeue and keep doing this until they got a favorable team for themselves.

Riot did finally fix it (after a really long time, several months), but the damage had already been done and it has never recovered.

axebeard

03-23-2014

its a shame because i really want to ban gangplank, yasuo, and leblanc.

Fancy Wolf

03-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Voodoo View Post
I am trying to make this work but seeing a 12+ min que timer is discouraging.
Why don't more people que up for it instead of blind pick ?!
Try 20+ minute blind timers.

but yes as said above, draft died because of a bug. and since doms playerbase was so small the q just died.

Penteano

03-24-2014

Best day in EUW: Blind pick gone for about 6 hours in Dominion, only draft avaliable. Never forget.

SylianEUW

03-24-2014

I'm not actually convinced it was the bug that killed draft. I think draft probably would have died anyway.

HaIfhearted

03-24-2014

Maybe, but that bug certainly didn't do us any favors.

I remember back when draft was still alive and kicking it was where all the more hardcore players hung out.
You could see a very clear and noticeable difference in the quality of players between blind and draft pick, with draft players generally being superior in skill to those in blind.

The death of draft cost us some of those players, which only made the decline of Dominion happen sooner than it should've.