Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

message to all the toxic players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

12-17-2012

If you've been banned for toxic behavior, deal with it, and i strongly suggest you learn from your mistakes. Trying to claim innocence, or that you didn't deserve your punishment, is a lie and you know it. We have heard it so many times now, it's like the boy who cried wolf. In the 6 hours of playing, i have had 3 toxic players, who weren't simply talking trash, but raging hard (even when we were winning). Anytime I have someone like that in a game, I warn them twice to change their attitude. Problem is they never do. Instead they continue raging, get reported, get punished by the tribunal, and then come here to try and talk their way out of it, when it's already too late.

AND KNOW THIS. I HAVE BEEN TAKING THINGS ONE STEP FURTHER. anyone who gets way too out of line, I personally gather evidence on and forward it directly to Riot, where they, have the ultimate call on your punishment. It no longer becomes an automated system dishing out the punishment, but a real life person who (as they stated) are no wheres near as lenient.

ALSO MAKING TERRORISTIC THREATS IN GAME OR ON THESE FORUMS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Especially after the incidents that have happened this past week. Making any kind of terroristic threat falls under Federal Jurisdiction. Once you threaten anyone's physical well being, we can not tell if you are serious or not. So an investigation NEEDS to be done to ensure the safety of our communities. I advise everyone to keep your anger in check, if you can not, then step away from your computer until you calm down. Do not cross that line and suggest you will put peoples lives at risk.

If you see someone make a threat like that, get evidence of it, then contact Riot and the proper authorities immediately. You never know, it could be someone with a sever psychological disorder has made the threat, and is crazy enough to carry it out. If that turns out to be the case, and you reported it, then you might of saved lives. Even if it turns out to be an empty threat, made by a 12 year old raging, these people need to be taught a lesson, and the only way that will ever happen is if uniforms are knocking on their door, to investigate the incident. Those investigating will then be able to determine whats going on, and if that person needs psychological help.

Pizzozz

12-17-2012

I miss the days where you could just brush away some internet threat.

Dragonsbaine

12-17-2012

So do i, but in those days not everyone was online. Now a days, there are psychos and predators roaming around anonymously behind a screen names. Should one of these ragers actually have some sort of disorder that means they can be violent, and a danger to themselves or others, then there is a possibility for bad things to happen.

And btw there have been cases in the past where an internet threat was simply brushed off as being empty, and it turned out it wasn't. It's one reason threats on somebody's life online are treated just as bad as the a threat IRL. I remember years back when i use to play WoW, a kid was bullied by others that he actually knew IRL. He reacted by saying he was going to shoot them with his fathers gun, the next time he saw them. And then later that day he tracked them down and opened fire, killing one of them. Then there was the incident in Thailand, where a kid had been playing and got a legendary drop. He couldn't contain his excitement and when a bunch of other players at the game shop found out what was going on, they stabbed him to death and robbed his account of everything. A few weeks later, Bush came out bashing WoW and saying it was the work of the devil and turning our children evil. (yet another one for the Bush quote book)

Fact is, the world isn't evil, the games we play aren't evil, but some people are just born messed up. Do you really want to take the chance? How horrible would you feel if you saw somebody make a threat on somebodies life, online, and then ignored it as insignificant, only to find out that person actually acted on their threat and somebody lost their life or was seriously hurt?

Not only that, but if we don't teach kids the difference between right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable behavior online, then how much worse do you think they are going to get as adults?

Pizzozz

12-17-2012

Quote:
Dragonsbaine:
So do i, but in those days not everyone was online. Now a days, there are psychos and predators roaming around anonymously behind a screen names. Should one of these ragers actually have some sort of disorder that means they can be violent, and a danger to themselves or others, then there is a possibility for bad things to happen.

And btw there have been cases in the past where an internet threat was simply brushed off as being empty, and it turned out it wasn't. It's one reason threats on somebody's life online are treated just as bad as the a threat IRL. I remember years back when i use to play WoW, a kid was bullied by others that he actually knew IRL. He reacted by saying he was going to shoot them with his fathers gun, the next time he saw them. And then later that day he tracked them down and opened fire, killing one of them. Then there was the incident in Thailand, where a kid had been playing and got a legendary drop. He couldn't contain his excitement and when a bunch of other players at the game shop found out what was going on, they stabbed him to death and robbed his account of everything. A few weeks later, Bush came out bashing WoW and saying it was the work of the devil and turning our children evil. (yet another one for the Bush quote book)

Fact is, the world isn't evil, the games we play aren't evil, but some people are just born messed up. Do you really want to take the chance? How horrible would you feel if you saw somebody make a threat on somebodies life, online, and then ignored it as insignificant, only to find out that person actually acted on their threat and somebody lost their life or was seriously hurt?

Not only that, but if we don't teach kids the difference between right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable behavior online, then how much worse do you think they are going to get as adults?

Couldn't agree more with the bold part.

I do think that riot should be a little harsh on people who threat other people or the company.

KiII Yourself

12-17-2012

Quote:
Dragonsbaine:
If you've been banned for toxic behavior, deal with it, and i strongly suggest you learn from your mistakes. Trying to claim innocence, or that you didn't deserve your punishment, is a lie and you know it. We have heard it so many times now, it's like the boy who cried wolf. In the 6 hours of playing, i have had 3 toxic players, who weren't simply talking trash, but raging hard (even when we were winning). Anytime I have someone like that in a game, I warn them twice to change their attitude. Problem is they never do. Instead they continue raging, get reported, get punished by the tribunal, and then come here to try and talk their way out of it, when it's already too late.

AND KNOW THIS. I HAVE BEEN TAKING THINGS ONE STEP FURTHER. anyone who gets way too out of line, I personally gather evidence on and forward it directly to Riot, where they, have the ultimate call on your punishment. It no longer becomes an automated system dishing out the punishment, but a real life person who (as they stated) are no wheres near as lenient.

ALSO MAKING TERRORISTIC THREATS IN GAME OR ON THESE FORUMS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Especially after the incidents that have happened this past week. Making any kind of terroristic threat falls under Federal Jurisdiction. Once you threaten anyone's physical well being, we can not tell if you are serious or not. So an investigation NEEDS to be done to ensure the safety of our communities. I advise everyone to keep your anger in check, if you can not, then step away from your computer until you calm down. Do not cross that line and suggest you will put peoples lives at risk.

If you see someone make a threat like that, get evidence of it, then contact Riot and the proper authorities immediately. You never know, it could be someone with a sever psychological disorder has made the threat, and is crazy enough to carry it out. If that turns out to be the case, and you reported it, then you might of saved lives. Even if it turns out to be an empty threat, made by a 12 year old raging, these people need to be taught a lesson, and the only way that will ever happen is if uniforms are knocking on their door, to investigate the incident. Those investigating will then be able to determine whats going on, and if that person needs psychological help.

Message to all the self-righteous d ouchebags: buy a gun, put it in your mouth, pull the trigger.

deawi

Recruiter

12-17-2012

I hate when people use the word 'toxic'..Honestly the reason people rage is because you self-righteous people, or 'act like you are perfect' ruin the game. If you guys didn't make the threats to report, there would be way less people trolling. Sure you can't get rid of all the trollers, but 90% of the time I get reported is when a 'perfect' player thinks he's good and says will report cause someone died or did something wrong. I honestly don't stand down from useless **** heads like him. I will backtalk him even if I wasn't the one he wants to report. If I think the person did something wrong, I just let it go, but if he gets reported for something stupid, I'll rage at the guy trying to report.

TenienDaithen

12-17-2012

Quote:
KiII Yourself:
Message to all the self-righteous d ouchebags: buy a gun, put it in your mouth, pull the trigger.

Are you not self-righteous? Honestly, you oils have to be to make a post like this. It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Pizzozz

12-17-2012

Quote:
TenienDaithen:
Are you not self-righteous? Honestly, you oils have to be to make a post like this. It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Well what did you think with a username like that?