Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ RiotNome Please help get something done about Kassadin.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabs457

12-17-2012

I'd rather have Kaz in any game over Kassadin. Would even rather have teemo, because with Grez/Sweeper, you can at least deal with his traps. Both at least have to commit to a fight to a certain extent with risk. A well played Kassadin has very little risk in any engagement.

Kass has a unique and overpowering global presence because of his maneuverability and there is -nothing- you can do about it.

Being able to engage, burn all your abilities, and disengage without dying (and being able to pop around the map picking up all the health boosts) is something no other champion can do as efficiently or as quickly. If Riot were designing a champion to dominate any specific map, surely Kassadin was designed to specifically rule Dominion.

Risemix

12-18-2012

Yeah, Kha'zix is bad too, but at the very least using his jump first means it isn't up again unless he upgrades it early and sacrifices a lot of damage. Kha'zix can get caught -- Kassadin... not really.

Warlord Buwberry

12-18-2012

And then the Dawn came and Riot gave us Leona to lock down these op's from getting away. E snare, Q stun, into R stun will lock down these heithens from hell and make them have infinite sadness, because they think their god and can get away from anything.

ALL HEIL the Armored BooBS.

DiscworldDeath

12-18-2012

Gotta not let them have even 0.001 seconds non-CCed, since you can queue one command now even while CCed.

Redenbacher

12-18-2012

Quote:
CaptnBuwberry:
And then the Dawn came and Riot gave us Leona to lock down these op's from getting away. E snare, Q stun, into R stun will lock down these heithens from hell and make them have infinite sadness, because they think their god and can get away from anything.

ALL HEIL the Armored BooBS.

E to Kassadin during Rift Walk cast time. Teleport over wall with Kassadin. Attempt to kill him with Leona, alone, while team dies without it's tank.

That said, Leona is a lot of fun. I might have to pick her up at some point as a complement to Alistar.

Elysius

12-20-2012

We need a fix for this broken champ.. Riot? every high elo game with a Kassawin in your team or in the enemy team is just plain boring.. fix it asap please -.-

Tempestphile

12-20-2012

Is it me or did they buff Kassadin few patches ago?

Malah

12-20-2012

They took some out of his base ult numbers and then blew up the ratio to make SR happy. Because Mana Kassadin doesn't have any AP, rig- OH GOD WHY

Chaosos

12-20-2012

I feel the fundamental issue is that Kass is gated by four things on SR
1. Crappy lane phase, getting to 6 is hell
2. Mana issues if blue is denied
3. More grouped play on SR resulting in more ability to CC+burst if he sticks his neck out too far
4. Relatively fewer walls on SR around objectives (You have the wall for baron/dragon pit and that's about it, and minimal walls in the lanes)

1 is obviously a non-factor in dominion and is the point of the map, don't have to worry about laning phase
2 is mostly solved in a not quite as extreme fashion as blue buff kass but by the lesser dominion mana aura combined with health relics to keep up his mana. Gating mana on dom harder is not the solution, there's too many champs right now which are on the edge of viability because of making up the difference for blue buff on SR
3 is starting to get somewhere, but forcing more grouping is going to take a massive redesign of the map and the playstyle which realistically isn't feasible
4 is the actual solution. The problem is Kass can jump a *lot* of walls almost nobody else in the game can, and almost all blinks that have the distance of kass' have a longer CD or require vision, which can be hard to keep up on someone who is as slippery as kass. This basically means that Kass needs just a straight up rework or disabling on dom, because you can't just move around the walls on dom. The only solutions I see are making it not function as a blink in terms of checking for wall pass, which is a rather large mechanics change that could have a ripple effect, since it would likely just end up involving a global change to all maps. Or, more sharply increasing the amount of extra mana expended per stack could provide a larger gating factor for spamming blinks and nerf mana kass, although it's definitely questionable whether that could take out mana kass without overly nerfing AP kass.

IIxeenoxII

12-20-2012

I hate to be pushy, but is it safe to assume that the live team does not see kass as a problem in dominion? I would really like a response even if it isn't what I want to hear. :\