First Day Contd.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

So my First day contd.

Well Maestro issues seem to be the problem of the day..... So i switch to the higher end graphics card ( the Nvidia 9600M GT as opposed to the 9400M) and i am suddenly besieged by maestro disconnect issues.

First time - tried opening chat - disconnect from maestro
Second time - logging in - disconnect from maestro
Third time - doing absolutely nothing - client fully loaded and a single chat window running with no communication whatsoever other than me saying HI!!

So since i posted earlier i had no issues with the lower end graphics card - and since i had even more amazing graphics than i do in Windows with that - i will test it out to see whether its a server traffic/ random bug issue or whether it may actually be a graphics card issue.

EDIT* finally got my game running with the higher graphics card - will see how things go.
EDIT * darn it i got dc'd from a ranked!!!!! ok - switching back to the old card.

Edit* No change - presume its a server traffic issue then?? UDYR??? i mean yes its obviously a client /maestro issue too - but to be suddenly set on by it - and yes my patcher is running i DID NOT close it at all.

My Mac Stats are;

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB ( 2 X DDR3 2 GB)
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Graphics card : 9400M / 9600M GT
Settings - well haven't really gotten into the game yet , but my typical settings are having pretty much everything on high with medium shadows.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Also an additional issue - when i DC from Maestro i cant reopen the client from the patcher - i have to close it completely to get back in. Which is very annoying..... and also where are the log files stored for matches played on Mac?? i cant seem to locate them in the content folder :S

This panda is slowly becoming sad

YSfighter

10-13-2010

So post game

my first game on the mac was http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=290729
everything on high shadows low. This was a practice game btw.

I load up a ranked game successfully (finally)
Lags on the above settings and was terrible on high shadows - this is featuring the lower graphics card. So i moved everything down to medium settings and low shadows. No problems persay.

So how did i get the maestro issue to go away?? Simply put - i didn't - i just shut down my computer - loaded it up again - and walla!! no maestro issues. Now this cant be a permanent solution - cause that's just like running windows. Random fixes to unfathomable bugs. Anyway this panda is feeling slightly better that the game ran. Will try a game with the higher graphics card from a fresh shutdown /start tomorrow.

On a side note : battery % drained by a 39 min game was 76% - much higher than expected and almost on par with windows - considering that's with the higher powered graphics card - efficiency issues riot?? So this is feedback from day one.

Tyop

10-13-2010

Wait... did you get better performance on the 9400m instead of the 9400m GT?

I have the same laptop as you (well, 2.53ghz processor, but same graphics cards).

It sounds like you did better with the other card than our *high end pci-e card*.

YSfighter

10-14-2010

i had less disconnects on the 9400M yes :S and the other card is a 9600M GT not a 9400
lol yeah *high end*

YSfighter

10-14-2010

So day 2 starts off with a ranked game with the lower end graphics card followed by a ranked on the higher end graphics card.

So game 1 i ran everything on high except effects which was on medium and shadows on low - minimal lag in larger fights but nothing serious. I had an invisible Mord.

Game 2 ran on everything on High except shadows which still stayed on low. No issues thus far. I had an invisible fiddle.

Both games no Maestro issues. AT ALL!!!

So my conclusion is..... u need to start any client loading from a fresh startup??
And if u switch graphic cards... lock your settings and shutdown/startup and things shud run good. Will check if it works as well with a restart tomorrow.

Tyop

10-14-2010

AHh yeah, the 9600 is what I meant. I'm going to try playing under the 9400 and see what happens for me in a couple games