Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First Day Contd.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YSfighter

10-13-2010

So my First day contd.

Well Maestro issues seem to be the problem of the day..... So i switch to the higher end graphics card ( the Nvidia 9600M GT as opposed to the 9400M) and i am suddenly besieged by maestro disconnect issues.

First time - tried opening chat - disconnect from maestro
Second time - logging in - disconnect from maestro
Third time - doing absolutely nothing - client fully loaded and a single chat window running with no communication whatsoever other than me saying HI!!

So since i posted earlier i had no issues with the lower end graphics card - and since i had even more amazing graphics than i do in Windows with that - i will test it out to see whether its a server traffic/ random bug issue or whether it may actually be a graphics card issue.

EDIT* finally got my game running with the higher graphics card - will see how things go.
EDIT * darn it i got dc'd from a ranked!!!!! ok - switching back to the old card.

Edit* No change - presume its a server traffic issue then?? UDYR??? i mean yes its obviously a client /maestro issue too - but to be suddenly set on by it - and yes my patcher is running i DID NOT close it at all.

My Mac Stats are;

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB ( 2 X DDR3 2 GB)
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Graphics card : 9400M / 9600M GT
Settings - well haven't really gotten into the game yet , but my typical settings are having pretty much everything on high with medium shadows.

YSfighter

10-13-2010

Also an additional issue - when i DC from Maestro i cant reopen the client from the patcher - i have to close it completely to get back in. Which is very annoying..... and also where are the log files stored for matches played on Mac?? i cant seem to locate them in the content folder :S

This panda is slowly becoming sad

YSfighter

10-13-2010

So post game

my first game on the mac was http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=290729
everything on high shadows low. This was a practice game btw.

I load up a ranked game successfully (finally)
Lags on the above settings and was terrible on high shadows - this is featuring the lower graphics card. So i moved everything down to medium settings and low shadows. No problems persay.

So how did i get the maestro issue to go away?? Simply put - i didn't - i just shut down my computer - loaded it up again - and walla!! no maestro issues. Now this cant be a permanent solution - cause that's just like running windows. Random fixes to unfathomable bugs. Anyway this panda is feeling slightly better that the game ran. Will try a game with the higher graphics card from a fresh shutdown /start tomorrow.

On a side note : battery % drained by a 39 min game was 76% - much higher than expected and almost on par with windows - considering that's with the higher powered graphics card - efficiency issues riot?? So this is feedback from day one.

Tyop

10-14-2010

Wait... did you get better performance on the 9400m instead of the 9400m GT?

I have the same laptop as you (well, 2.53ghz processor, but same graphics cards).

It sounds like you did better with the other card than our *high end pci-e card*.

YSfighter

10-14-2010

i had less disconnects on the 9400M yes :S and the other card is a 9600M GT not a 9400
lol yeah *high end*

YSfighter

10-14-2010

So day 2 starts off with a ranked game with the lower end graphics card followed by a ranked on the higher end graphics card.

So game 1 i ran everything on high except effects which was on medium and shadows on low - minimal lag in larger fights but nothing serious. I had an invisible Mord.

Game 2 ran on everything on High except shadows which still stayed on low. No issues thus far. I had an invisible fiddle.

Both games no Maestro issues. AT ALL!!!

So my conclusion is..... u need to start any client loading from a fresh startup??
And if u switch graphic cards... lock your settings and shutdown/startup and things shud run good. Will check if it works as well with a restart tomorrow.

Tyop

10-14-2010

AHh yeah, the 9600 is what I meant. I'm going to try playing under the 9400 and see what happens for me in a couple games