Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyan Rooije

12-15-2012

before you even read this, shut up. yes, there is ELO hell. at least 80% of games played at below 1300ish ELO you get either a feeder, a leaver, or someone who has no concept of the game at all (i.e 3 cs per minute on average as ez people). You CANNOT carry people that are this bad, or leavers. It is IMPOSSIBLE to completely influence the game solo que or even in duo que. Yes, I do understand that if you play the right champs, counterpick, win your lane, win cs, build right etc you can strongly influence the game. When you are at this point and your team REFUSES to fight the other time while you are ahead, you will lose. When your team trys to baron instead of going for the win and get aced, you cannot carry. FIX THIS GAME, IT IS SO BROKEN.

Fanaticmogg

12-15-2012

Statistically, if you get one feeder/leaver/poor player every 0.8 games, the enemy team should get, on average, one of those players EVERY game. So, 80% of the time, the matchup is even, and 20% of the time you should get a guaranteed win.

sepetaiya

12-15-2012

LWT FTW (luck with teamates)
^but only in elo hell

get lucky with teamates up to 1500+ (with a bit of personal skill)
and then this valid excuse is no longer applicable

Selcopa

12-15-2012

Replays or gtfo

Larrythetapist

12-16-2012

ITT: OP posts a generic Elo Hell QQ thread, someone posts a generic response about ratio, Selcopa posts a well-thought out argument and offers to help.

Just like the 1000000 other Elo Hell thread posted this month in this forum.

Selcopa

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrythetapist View Post
ITT: OP posts a generic Elo Hell QQ thread, someone posts a generic response about ratio, Selcopa posts a well-thought out argument and offers to help.

Just like the 1000000 other Elo Hell thread posted this month in this forum.
I lol'd

CorpseMoney

12-16-2012

Some of us enjoy bathing in the fire of this hell. /sarcasm off

Pinzly

12-16-2012

in4 geneeric reply

Elo Hell = Excuse that players use because they refuse to accept that they aren't as good as they think they are

If you don't belong at a certain Elo you will eventualy carry out. The odds are in your favor, you + 4 randoms vs 5 randoms.

If you don't win more than you lose at your current Elo then you are where you belong until you improve.

The lower the Elo, the worse the players, the easier it is to win

Elo Hell = Myth

mikel3377

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinzly View Post
in4 geneeric reply

Elo Hell = Excuse that players use because they refuse to accept that they aren't as good as they think they are

If you don't belong at a certain Elo you will eventualy carry out. The odds are in your favor, you + 4 randoms vs 5 randoms.

If you don't win more than you lose at your current Elo then you are where you belong until you improve.

The lower the Elo, the worse the players, the easier it is to win

Elo Hell = Myth
*****es don't know about my stochasticity.

OnlyTeeMo0

Recruiter

12-16-2012

I agree with the concept of it. Yeah it is dumb. I remember getting stuck with 4 adcs... I have had 4 afkers. But it happens to the enemy 2 so stop crying. >.>