Is there any risk to playing Jayce bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silenthunt

12-17-2012

What are his bad matchups? Does he have bad recovery if he's slightly behind?

FOODFOOD

12-17-2012

A good AD Malz should beat him.

...That's about all I can think of. He's pretty strong on bottom. It's almost mean playing him.

Damieh

12-17-2012

From experience AD malz will always beat jayce bot. He can't do anything to you (I play ad malz). You need to dodge/shield with minions his long range projectiles which are predictable and you'll be okay as long as you dont get close enough to stupidly land your E on him.

I only know that counter because malz and lulu are the only champs i like to play bot. AD Malz is a weird champ because he counters great picks bot but sometimes looses to stupid matchups that no one would ever pick.

Also, you can't get too far behind bot so in that regards he will be okay, specially because he's jayce.

EDIT: Woops I got beat by food =(

FOODFOOD

12-17-2012

It's all good, you went into more detail than I did.

Another cool advantage of Jayce is that if he ever starts to fall behind on bot (which is rare), he can just go top and wreck there.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I managed to force a lane swap with Volley Spam Ashe when you could stack black cleavers. That amused me quite a bit. Zyra can also give Jayce a lot of trouble because of her snare and Ult allowing her to kite him. I also recall doing well with Fiddlesticks once, since the only thing he has to break your drain is his disengage, but that was when Jayce was new and people were still building Trinity on him.

KaWraith

12-17-2012

Jayce is a cheesecake tier champ. he can go toe to toe with most opponents and come out on top, especially with a crit/lifesteal build.
any champion jayce can't defeat in close quarters (like AD malz) he can kite by poking from long range, and generally running away due to excessive mobility. This allows Jayce to stalemate the lane and be a nuisance.