Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You had to fix Rengar's base Hp/5 since you nerfed W's heal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaenos

12-17-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
Rengar has been a complicated situation.

Our initial approach to the champion was to chip at him until we put him in a good spot. Unfortunately, it turns out there are core mechanics on the kit (ie: % Health based heal, a huge Armor / MR buff, instant stealth) that simply don't fit the gameplay patterns we were trying to create for Rengar...thus we began to gut / remove them.

For example, his stealth duration was nerfed due to the fact that it was instant, but we have now made it non-instant. This leaves his ult feeling more lackluster than ever. The end result is a huge mistake on our part where Rengar is both weak and unsatisfying to play.

Classick and I are currently working on buffing Rengar back into a state where we feel more comfortable with his gameplay. Some of the changes include re-increasing the stealth duration back to create the prowling feel again and adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level. We're still working out all of the specifics but we know we took a faulty approach to Rengar's balance for the past few patches.

It takes strength to admit a mistake... It must take a lot of strength to admit it as a designer on your own boards. These are the kinds of things that make Riot a great company. +1

(I'm feeling kind of warm and fuzzy today)

Aeolian Melodies

12-17-2012

Quote:
Yokel85:
lol. This is absurd. A tanky dps isn't overpowered anymore? STOP EVERYTHING AND FIX IT! No one picks Janna anymore because she's been nerfed to ****? Ignore it for 6 months.

It's been more than 6 months since Janna was pretty much murdered by the Eye of the Storm nerf, but yeah.

TheSlappySlap

12-17-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
Rengar has been a complicated situation.

Our initial approach to the champion was to chip at him until we put him in a good spot. Unfortunately, it turns out there are core mechanics on the kit (ie: % Health based heal, a huge Armor / MR buff, instant stealth) that simply don't fit the gameplay patterns we were trying to create for Rengar...thus we began to gut / remove them.

For example, his stealth duration was nerfed due to the fact that it was instant, but we have now made it non-instant. This leaves his ult feeling more lackluster than ever. The end result is a huge mistake on our part where Rengar is both weak and unsatisfying to play.

Classick and I are currently working on buffing Rengar back into a state where we feel more comfortable with his gameplay. Some of the changes include re-increasing the stealth duration back to create the prowling feel again and adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level. We're still working out all of the specifics but we know we took a faulty approach to Rengar's balance for the past few patches.

This is good to hear. I just refunded Rengar at 975 RP but I'll gladly pay 487 RP for him when he goes on sale after he is fixed.

Fat of the Land

12-17-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
Some of the changes include...adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level.

Why not a flat heal based on spell rank, with % Hp scaling? This way the lower health a build has the more it heals as a % of max health, yet building health is still rewarded. Thus HP tanks are not super beasts but they still get some scaling, and AD builds will get more healing from the skill.

Krimson62

12-17-2012

I worry about "flat healing" his heal as it is is the only thing allowing him to duel...

considering over 90% of his damage comes from his QQ combo. it forces him to choose big burst or fight a bit longer.

All the flat heals in the game have **** for numbers...

Aeolian Melodies

12-17-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
I worry about "flat healing" his heal as it is is the only thing allowing him to duel..

Yeah, his stupid damage certainly does not help him in a duel. Not at all.

USnip

12-17-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
I worry about "flat healing" his heal as it is is the only thing allowing him to duel...

considering over 90% of his damage comes from his QQ combo. it forces him to choose big burst or fight a bit longer.

Then they should fix the fact all his damage comes from ridiculous Q hits...

Ginga

Recruiter

12-17-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:

Kha'zix: "Join the club Rengar."

Krimson62

12-17-2012

Quote:
Jenluvartz:
Yeah, his stupid damage certainly does not help him in a duel. Not at all.

Unless he is against a carry, he will never have enough burst to win a duel without his heal.

he's not like talon where all of his abilities contribute to big damage numbers.

Night HawK

12-17-2012

All of this happens when riot buffed him after the release when he was perfectly fine as he was in the PBE ( except for his high ap Ratio in his W that was also nerfed ), and so he became a living nightmare for most of the people who didn't know how to counter him, then they started to "balance" him resulting in an overnerf >.<.