Experience from Download to Gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maonAIDS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

I just started the download, and ill be writing this post as i try out the game. Im not sure if these are problems other people are having, but im just trying to help.

-One thing i found right off the bat, was that when i click the "LoLDownloader" in the dock as its downloading, it doesnt bring up the Downloader. I have to go to the top bar, and click on the little League of Legends task icon to bring up the window.

-So far during the installation everythings going nicely. I like what i see ;D

-Ok, after the installation i guess it automatically creates the League of Legends Application in the Applications folder. Some people may get confused with this and wonder why they didnt have to drag it to the applications folder like you do with every other Application. Just throwin it out there.

-Downloading patches, its a tad bit slow and seems like its stalling every once in a while. I dont really have slow internet, it usually gets atleast 2 mbps, but the servers could possibly be busy.

-Another thing i noticed while the patch was downloading was, theres no process for the patcher in the dock while its updating! I have to minimize whatever im doing to view the status.

-Still downloading the patch >.< i seem to be stuck in the 24%-26% region. GAH

-Ive come to the conclusion, its only the Mac client that has slow updates. 50 kbps D: i just tried a PC Client, and im getting faster download speeds.

-ALAS! I come back from a quick bathroom break, and its done downloading. Magic i say

-Ok, so once i hit play the Updater minimized and the game opened. The Updater STAYS MINIMIZED! Please excuse me as my O.C.D meter explodes. Must.... Have... Dock... Clear of any unused processes :'[

-Alrighty, looks like the default size for the PVP.net window is too giant for the average macbook. Can be resized, but it would be nice if it was automatically a good size for my screen :P
*UPDATE* After resizing the PVP.net window, there appeared to be a giant black thing under the window.

-Loading into a practice match now, check out all the features on the PVP.net window, and everything seems good! Impressive Riot, impressive.

-Alright! All done testing out the practice game, went good. Seems too be running at a steady 30 fps with the new 2010 Macbook Unibody on Medium graphics. Vurnice indeed.

-That about ends it for now, ill be sure to post any other problems i encounter!

dontbestubborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Yeah the mac patch updates sooo slow i dunno why..

maonAIDS

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbestubborn View Post
Yeah the mac patch updates sooo slow i dunno why..
Wait it out man, worked for me

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

10-20-2010

Good first run. A couple insightful points made about typical Mac installs versus the LoL client install.