How to Fix your Client's play button!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPeekAtChu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Here is a Fix that really helps this situation. This happens to some players after new league of legends patch updates. When you press play your client doesn't open and your whole air client crashes over and over. Nothing fixes it such as restarting computer, Stopping process tree's or even the REPAIR button. I did this for a friend with the exact same problem! I will give it step by step.

Step 1: go to Computer > Riot Games > League of Legends > RADS > projects

Step 2: Delete "lol_air_client" and "lol_air_client_config_na"

Step 3: Restart your computer

Step 4: Run league of legends and it shall begin to repatch everything thats in the folder since the repair button won't simply fix "Air Client" from not working. It only fixes the game stuff.

and BAM it should be fixed!

For further Assistance contact Riot Support!

iPeekAtChu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Bump cause I think this is very helpful

Trimeras

12-16-2012

I'm bumping this because nothing I had tried worked, so I saw this and tried it. Worked like a flippin' dream. Have had ZERO problems since. Thank you for posting this. As you can tell, I don't normally use the forums, but I hadn't been able to play at all because of these issues. This method does work. No joke.

Space Coyote

12-16-2012

Bumping. I tried it but didn't work, hopefully it will help others.

kunwar2

12-19-2012

i cant find this on my computer.
COMON THIS IS BULL **** I HAVE NT PLAYED LOL FOR 5 WEEKS IM GETTING BORED BECUZ THIS PROBLEM

RapidDarkness

Recruiter

03-25-2013

Bump after riot's fixes didn't work I tried this and it did work, the same problem happened to me and riot's worked the last 2 times sometimes you have to do multiple things

ZombieHQ

03-17-2014

Does this still work? Mine is having the same problem, but i dont want to do this and it not work anymore.