*splutter with outrage* The Situation in Ionia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

10-15-2010

For all of you people ready to jump on the Ionian band wagon, think carefully about this little idea; if Ionia is granted special privileges, how would that be fair to the rest of us in a impartial infrastructure that is meant to help end wars, not heat them up? I can almost garuntee you that, if Ionia is able to get their rematch earlier then allowed initially by the League, there will be political issues that could cause the fall of the League, and plunge Valoran and Runeterra as a whole into War.

-General Kalis Drekval Bonez, Noxus High Command/Summoner

Morrowlife

10-15-2010

Whose right is it to say the Noxian government decides what is suitable for a society? Should we entrust the entire world to them and their cruel practice? Certainly not! It would bring only ash, which is exactly what this monk is trying to tell the rest of Valoran. Is the League so blind they cannot tell we are suffering?

It brings sorrow to this summoner's heart when one thinks of that fateful match. It is of this summoner's opinion that we should have never joined the League to begin with, however given the situation we had little choice. Even still, had we not been forced to join the League so early, we might have stood a fighting chance! This Noxian infestation has been nothing but a plague, and our people have felt enough grief over their presence within our boarders.

Does this mean we wage war? Certainly not! That kind of talk is not only against the code of the League, but against Ionian morals as well. No, the only way to win this conflict is to be an immovable object, refusing to give in to the Noxians' sick desire for change. This summoner can only hope that the match that lead us here so many years ago will be put under official investigation.

-- Summoner Logan "Morrowlife" Jacobs

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by K D Bonez View Post
For all of you people ready to jump on the Ionian band wagon, think carefully about this little idea; if Ionia is granted special privileges, how would that be fair to the rest of us in a impartial infrastructure that is meant to help end wars, not heat them up? I can almost garuntee you that, if Ionia is able to get their rematch earlier then allowed initially by the League, there will be political issues that could cause the fall of the League, and plunge Valoran and Runeterra as a whole into War.

I smell a Noxian.

K D Bonez

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Sterling View Post
I smell a Noxian.
(Nooooo, what gave me away? =D)

Mr. Jacobs, you are aware of how Ionia's current economic troubles are due to their stagnant ways, correct? They, and apparently you, see us as an infestation. We, and others I assure you, see us as a means to help industrialize these people. What's to become of them when every faction but theirs has advanced and they are considered a prime target by factions other then Noxus? We are currently in their land trying to help the citizens. Our occupation of the Navori Province is our way of trying to bring change and a future to to backwater and cryptic ways of the Ionian populace.

TheMagister

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by K D Bonez View Post
Mr. Jacobs, you are aware of how Ionia's current economic troubles are due to their stagnant ways, correct? They, and apparently you, see us as an infestation. We, and others I assure you, see us as a means to help industrialize these people. What's to become of them when every faction but theirs has advanced and they are considered a prime target by factions other then Noxus? We are currently in their land trying to help the citizens. Our occupation of the Navori Province is our way of trying to bring change and a future to to backwater and cryptic ways of the Ionian populace.

The key issue here is one of choice. Regardless of whether or not you are doing this to help Ionia advance as a society the fact remains you did not ask them if they wanted help, you simply invaded. When you take away a person's ability to chose their own fate you are removing their free will and they will hate you all the more for it.

And lets look forward several years shall we? Say you improve the economy of Galrin, Navori, and Shon. What then? I doubt you would be willing to give the lands back to Ionia, especially since they are improving your own wealth so much.

-Magister, Librarian and independent summoner

Nwol

10-15-2010

To be frank, I hail from Noxus, however I do not summon for any state impaticularly. In fact, the reason I was capable of becoming a summoner is due to Noxus. I thank my country for the opportunities I was able to grab and take hold of and I would gladly summon for them despite the dispute. However, despite my origin, I am still independent.

I side more with Ionia because I am very resentful of what the Zaun mercenaires have done under their employment. The issue is complicated for sure, and both sides have some valid points. No one should be granted special privledges, how ever the job of the league is to find a peaceful solution to settle disputes. If they are not granted a rematch, rest assured there will be much backlash, the same goes for if they are granted it. Let us find a middle ground in this dispute, something both Noxus and Ionia can agree on.

-Nwol, Summoner

K D Bonez

10-15-2010

Tell me Magister, would you let a weak and old animal die of starvation? Would you let a feeble old man be mugged by ruffians? Would you let people be alone, isolated, and easily conqured by some unknown force? I think not, and that is why we are doing what we must for these people. We are trying to help secure the island nation of Ionia from potential invasions, because obviously when we did, they were horrible unprepared.

That said, we no longer have any intent of conquring Ionia to expand Noxian control. As far as this topic of our occupation goes, it will end when we deem Ionia a self-sufficiant City-State. However, until that day comes, we Noxus agents will not leave the Navori Province, we will do what we have to to help stimulate the economy. The Ionian people are rallying (albeit out of hate for us), and as far as I see, that's a good first step. But with this pointless self immolation, they have taken two steps back. It's a drastic measure that serves no end. Yes, they bring publicity, but that's it. Would you want to trade with people who, when they get mad they light themselves on fire? I wouldn't, and I doubt you would also.

Another subject I feel I must touch upon is their Rematch they keep requesting be earlier then allowed. Simply put, it will no happen until the eight year period is over. Why so? Because like I have stated prior, the League will not allow the rules of their decision in the matter to be unwoven because one person decides to protest (and in such a violent way for such a peaceful people). That said, I have no further comments upon this subject, and all questions and or comments will be ignored.

Finally, concerning Summoner Nwol's comments; the Zaunian Mercenaries that were hired to assist us in the Ionian Wars were there to kill. War is not pretty, and you must be willing to cross the line of humanity to achive victory. I know that first hand during the later years of the Rune Wars. These days, if your in a fight, you must be willing to kill your enemy to win. Half-assing it and letting them live is a joke and WILL give them a chance to kill you in the future. Remember that well, Ionians.

(sorry, i was in my college class for my last few post, why they were so short >.<)

Dracorya

10-15-2010

What? You still feel justified in your invasion of us? We are not backwards, that was YOUR opinion of our state of being. Our lands were plentiful and rich, which only drew YOUR greedy eyes to us. Why else would you target our wealthiest cities in the south which were graciously open to trade with the rest of the world?

You took advantage of us, your claim to modernize us is laughable. How are you modernizing us by stealing our resources and shipping them back to Noxus? If anything, you hope to make us even weaker under the guise of "helping" us. You continue to strip riches that are rightfully ours all under a hypocritical reason.

Cykrus

10-15-2010

I find myself agreeing, in part, with Summoner Bonez. Despite what many of us may be feeling, the Ionians must wait those eight years to attain a rematch over the future of those provinces if they do wish the League to resolve this issue. The League must remain impartial in the issues of Valoran if it is to be effective. These are the laws set out by the League, and while I do not condone the Noxian occupation I realize the importance of the League following its judgments. In order to remain respected.

Yes the invasion was poorly justified in the beginning, trying to modernize a nation by tearing it down through war is a flimsy set of goals. Yes, many Ionian's are bitter over the occupation and the brutal and deplorable tactics employed by the Noxian invaders, but the League has rules and must abide by them. The support those Monks receive for their cause cannot come from us, it must come from the Ionian citizenship. If only for the success and preservation of the League.

-Cykrus, Demacian Archivist and Summoner

Nwol

10-15-2010

The reason there was war in the first place was because Noxus had the gall to invade a nation after the League had been founded. They took advantage of a nation that wished to be isolated and did not join the league for that reason. Igniting the fires of war, invading and doing severe damage to a country, then remaining within that country after being pushed back, using the excuse you're only there to help, is truley outrageous. Truley, truley outrageous. You do not kill a country when they refuse help, and you do not force them to take your aid through violence. If you truley belive this, then Noxus is simply killing them with love.

If Noxus wishes to truley help Ionia, then let them govern themselves, and have Noxus oversee. Distribute the wealth which was aquired, rather than ship it all to Noxus, why not spread it around Ionia. Rather than a rematch to force Noxus out, why not establish a match to give Ionia more control of it's major cities and resources.

- Summoner Nwol