Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

*splutter with outrage* The Situation in Ionia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanfromGRGutters

10-14-2010

While I sympathize with the Ionian plight, I myself have ties with some of the Ionian champions and yet being an independent summoner I also have ties with champions of other nations. While it may make me seem heartless I must say that the Ionians have only themselves to blame for the reasons outlined by those who have spoken their minds before me. If they want to get the Noxians out of their lands their best course of action is to become stronger and defeat them soundly the next time they fight.

Leroy, Summoner of the Lulz family.

Sapphyrite

10-14-2010

Dear Colleague,
as much as I share your grief for the tragic protest of the Ionian monk, I have to point out that Ionia's unrest comes off as dissatisfaction to a destiny they brought on themselves. If Ionia joined the League, it has to abide to the rules set, and accept the results of its actions.
Alas, I express my deepest condolences to those who shared emotional attachment towards the monk.

Caelestes Sapphyrite

Nwol

10-14-2010

A thought has occured, perhaps one could convince the monk to join the League as a champion of Ionia. It is only recently that Ionian champions have arrived. Before there was only Master Yi and Soraka. But since the arrival of Shen, Kennen and Akali, Ionia has definently had a much stronger presense in the league. One of great will power and determination could be a key factor in determining the outcome of the next time Ionia and Noxus face off.

- Summoner Nwol

Dracorya

10-14-2010

Quote:
Nwol:
A thought has occured, perhaps one could convince the monk to join the League as a champion of Ionia. It is only recently that Ionian champions have arrived. Before there was only Master Yi and Soraka. But since the arrival of Shen, Kennen and Akali, Ionia has definently had a much stronger presense in the league. One of great will power and determination could be a key factor in determining the outcome of the next time Ionia and Noxus face off.

- Summoner Nwol

((Oh ho...:P You crafty one, here's to hoping this will be the case.))

K D Bonez

10-14-2010

Quote:
Dracorya:
((Oh ho...:P You crafty one, here's to hoping this will be the case.))

(((just make sure he's blind)))

Dracorya

10-14-2010

Quote:
K D Bonez:
(((just make sure he's blind)))

((Well, the eyes are probably the most sensitive and most difficult parts of the body to heal. So its reasonable to assume maybe the fire burning will damage his eye sight permanently despite his healing abilities OR he chooses not to heal them to have them as a constant reminder)).

magicallypuzzled

10-14-2010

maybe i am reading between lines that aren't even there. but if you take the up coming champion lux's new lore about stealing vital information from noxus which earns her the gratitude of both demacia and IONIA. and the newest JoJ about the possability of noxus cheating on their match might lux have found proof of said fact? what other information could she have found that would win her the gratitude of ionia a totally independant city state?

this rematch might be coming sooner then we have been lead to believe i certainly hope so. as i have a driving need to help ionia reclaim whats rightfully theirs. beware any noxian scum that tries to oppose us.

Cykrus

10-14-2010

While I do sympathize with the plight of the Ionians, we must be patient. When the league admitted Ionia, they held a match on a field of justice over the course of the occupied territory. By the laws set out by the league, Ionia must wait if they want the league to settle this dispute.

However, while this is not the first of Ionia's protests it is definitely the most determined to date. Millions have seen the recording on crystal screens all across Valoren already and it has sparked a heated debate. It shows the resentment that Ionia has for the Noxian occupation, and if the League is not to act, the citizenry might. A population oppressed for too long would rise up, and we must ask if it would be just for the League to intervene and stop a populace from toppling a, from their perspective, totalitarian rule. Ionians are second class citizens in their own land, with their freedoms more constricted than ever.

We must do our best to remain impartial in the coming days, as I'm sure we would be quick to side with our city-states of origin. But what we should be examining is the view that just because Ionia was not a member of the League before the invasion that we should overlook the Noxian invasion of a sovereign nation. While the league was young in those days, it is not exactly very harmonious to turn a blind eye to Noxian imperialism when regarding other city-states.

-Cykrus, Demacian Archivist and Summoner.

dogbiter

10-15-2010

Quote:
Nwol:

- Summoner Nwol

u forgot udyr

Jonas Sterling

10-15-2010

Black Pearl. Mmm.

Juna, we should discuss this pressing issue over a bottle of such.

-Jonas