*splutter with outrage* The Situation in Ionia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

10-24-2010

Prejudices? PREJUDICES? Are you so smug to think that just because we hate Noxians that we view our occupation this way? If Demacia was trying to occupy us and applying the SAME methods as the Noxians, we would protest against them as well!

Motas

10-24-2010

I would agree that prejudice should be set aside for this matter. So from what I am understanding, you aren't against the fact of Noxus occupying you, rather, it is the methods they employ against your people. I am not accusing you or anyone else here of prejudice, rather, I am merely suggesting that if prejudice is the cause or a cause for all this hatred, then these arguments will go nowhere until compromise has been reached or until one side gives way (which I don't see happening soon)

A Bad Idea

10-24-2010

Any nation who intends to erase our history and culture would naturally be met with hatred. It is not a path I personally endorse, but it is the nature of human beings to protect what is theirs. Be it Noxus, Demacia, or the alchemists of Zaun, no civilization has the right to undermine Ionia's cultural integrity in the name of 'modernization'.

Our people live a way of life that is tied to the earth and to Runeterra. We are part of its grand cycle, children of its elements. We are born of the earth, and to the earth we will return when our spirits leave us. Fellow Ionians, let it be known that no man, Noxian or Demacian, can take this away from us. It is the soul of Ionia, our tie to the earth and the heavens, that will see us through this conflict.

- Summoner Ade Daiba of Ionia, Sage Master of the Godai Monastery

Morrowlife

10-24-2010

It's not that we are prejudice. It is, as Ade and Dracorya mentioned, that the Noxians are attempting to terminate our culture via "modernization." Our ceremonies, rituals, and sacred places are all we have left, and if they fall to filthy hands, we may as well no longer exist among Runeterra.

Sage Daiba, in his wisdom, is correct. We must further embrace our culture by remembering our roots. This conflict will come to pass, just as the breath enters and eventually escapes the body.

-- Ionian Summoner, Logan "Morrowlife" Jacobs

Nukemouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Personally as a Noxian i believe that this situation is ridiculous, sixteen years for a rematch? Hell we could beat you every year if we had to!
I also find it distressing that despite our victory in our match against you, we did not gain claim to the remainder of your provinces silly Ionians.
Your people need to move into the now, where the modern age can whisk their troubles away.

Richard Nekman - Summoner

P.S
Ionia's culture would likely not be completely eradicated, just largely pushed to the side.
In the end your people will have to maintain their culture, not any government.