Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Nami, the Tidecaller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Àsk Nami:
"Both actually, and I'm sad to hear that..."
She watched as Eve made her way to the cleaning supplies and then actually began to clean the oil stain that had been bugging her.
"You don't need to do that Evelynn... I'm sure someone from the institute would have been around to clean it at some point... If you're trying to show that you can be a nice person remember that I said I would not judge based on what I've heard of someone. I will only judge you on your acts towards me and people I know. Yes we got off on the wrong fin but you've already apologized and I've already accepted that apology. You needn't do any more than be yourself. If we are going to be friends I want to be friends with the real you, if the real you is someone I cannot be friends with than so be it, it was not meant to be."

"I do inane favors for my friends too. Don't worry, the stain was bothering me, and based on how you frequently glanced toward it, I imagine it was bothering you as well."

Evelynn finished her task and returned the cleaning supplies to the locker, then sat down in a nearby chair. "I'm very much acting like myself. I have something of a problem with figuring out how I can hit on you when I can't touch you. I find you quite beautiful, though I'm not sure our love can be when we breathe entirely different atmospheres."

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
Evelicious:
"I do inane favors for my friends too. Don't worry, the stain was bothering me, and based on how you frequently glanced toward it, I imagine it was bothering you as well."

Evelynn finished her task and returned the cleaning supplies to the locker, then sat down in a nearby chair. "I'm very much acting like myself. I have something of a problem with figuring out how I can hit on you when I can't touch you. I find you quite beautiful, though I'm not sure our love can be when we breathe entirely different atmospheres."

Nami nodded "Well thank you... It was bothering me..." she sighed, looking toward Eve. "I would prefer you not 'hit on me' at all, I'll say it now that I am not interested in a romantic relationship with you. Also I am quite capable of breathing outside of water, I am just more comfortable inside of it." she looked down slightly "But thank you for the compliment nonetheless, even if I am no different than an average Marai in terms of appearance."

Heil Teemo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Àsk Nami:
Nami nodded "Well thank you... It was bothering me..." she sighed, looking toward Eve. "I would prefer you not 'hit on me' at all, I'll say it now that I am not interested in a romantic relationship with you. Also I am quite capable of breathing outside of water, I am just more comfortable inside of it." she looked down slightly "But thank you for the compliment nonetheless, even if I am no different than an average Marai in terms of appearance."

Evelynn laughed. "Yes, most would prefer I didn't." Evelynn purposely omitted saying she would stop. "And seeing as how you're the first Marai I've ever met, I'd say you represent your people well. Unless Fizz is one of you, though I'm fairly certain he's some sort of yordle."

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
Evelicious:
Evelynn laughed. "Yes, most would prefer I didn't." Evelynn purposely omitted saying she would stop. "And seeing as how you're the first Marai I've ever met, I'd say you represent your people well. Unless Fizz is one of you, though I'm fairly certain he's some sort of yordle."

Nami smiled "Thank you, I do my best to represent my people." she thought for a moment, "I don't believe Fizz is part yordle, he's an Atlantian, a race that I know nothing of."

Ask the Lunari

12-16-2012

Quote:
Àsk Nami:
Nami looks toward Diana, she had expected to talk to her at some point but was slightly caught off guard that it was so soon. She nods toward her and smiles

"Yes, I've come to this place in search of a moonstone, my people are in desperate need of its mystical properties in order to keep themselves safe from the horrors of the deep. I have heard rumours that it may have been the Lunari that exchanged the moonstone with the abyssal pearl that the Tidecallers brought to the surface every one hundred years.

Diana raises a brow at the explanation.

I've read in the past about the moonstone and its so-calledmagical properties. Sadly, I have not found anything dealing with a moonstone as of yet within my studies.

Diana then grins.

They say the moonstone itself is from the moon given the name, so perhaps I could find one for you. Or else, do you wish to wait forever?

Ask the Shadow

12-16-2012

A grim thunking sound echoed from the entrance, each sound coming nearly an instant after the previous or even simultaneously. With these sounds came a grim aura of hopelessness and dread; the very waters would noticeably chill. After a few moments, the ghastly form of Hecarim finished its descent. The dread phantom paused momentarily before the glass, swiftly reading over the largest sign before speaking to itself at first.

...bah. Such naivete...

Without paying heed to the second sign, Hecarim rapped sharply against the glass wall with the tip of his halberd, as if to get the Tidecaller's attention.

Tidecaller, thy dossier provided by the summoners has shed light upon matters where the Shadow Isles have cared not to tread. Mention of supposed terrors in the depths of the ocean have...intrigued, me. Describe them. For what reasons dost thy civilization shirk in terror of their very existence?

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
Ask the Lunari:
Diana raises a brow at the explanation.

I've read in the past about the moonstone and its so-calledmagical properties. Sadly, I have not found anything dealing with a moonstone as of yet within my studies.

Diana then grins.

They say the moonstone itself is from the moon given the name, so perhaps I could find one for you. Or else, do you wish to wait forever?

Nami visibly brightens as Diana speaks, smiling toward her. "Any and all help you could provide would be more then greatly appreciated Diana. If you were able to find a moonstone than I would forever be in your debt. Of course I would trade the abyssal pearly for it, I believe that the exchange assisted the Lunari in some way, that is, if it was the Lunari who brought the moonstone. We cannot be sure until we find proof but if you do come across anything like the moonstone in your studies I would ask that you let me know as soon as possible."

Quote:
Ask the Shadow:
A grim thunking sound echoed from the entrance, each sound coming nearly an instant after the previous or even simultaneously. With these sounds came a grim aura of hopelessness and dread; the very waters would noticeably chill. After a few moments, the ghastly form of Hecarim finished its descent. The dread phantom paused momentarily before the glass, swiftly reading over the largest sign before speaking to itself at first.

...bah. Such naivete...

Without paying heed to the second sign, Hecarim rapped sharply against the glass wall with the tip of his halberd, as if to get the Tidecaller's attention.

Tidecaller, thy dossier provided by the summoners has shed light upon matters where the Shadow Isles have cared not to tread. Mention of supposed terrors in the depths of the ocean have...intrigued, me. Describe them. For what reasons dost thy civilization shirk in terror of their very existence?

Nami seemed to shrink back at the sight of Hecarim, she didn't much enjoy his presence but he was a fellow champion and she would answer his question. She thought back to her time going and getting the abyssal pearl.

"They... are unlike anything I could have imagined, giant beasts of destruction and magic. It was as if their only instinct was to destroy anything that came into their domain. there were a few that I myself could not describe in any way, others seemed almost like giant mutations of normally kind sea creatures. They all almost seemed to drip with dark magics, as if it was their blood and life force."

Dear Urgot

12-16-2012

*The Headsman's Pride enters the aquarium, momentarily stunned by the variety of life. He had never seen anything quite like it. He shakes his head to snap out of his reverie and speaks*

Tidecaller. *wheeze* What do you think about my quest for *wheeeze* vengeance? Or were you excluded *wheeze* enough from the surface that you know nothing of me?

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
Dear Urgot:
*The Headsman's Pride enters the aquarium, momentarily stunned by the variety of life. He had never seen anything quite like it. He shakes his head to snap out of his reverie and speaks*

Tidecaller. *wheeze* What do you think about my quest for *wheeeze* vengeance? Or were you excluded *wheeze* enough from the surface that you know nothing of me?

Nami tries her best to keep her face straight while speaking to Urgot, she had indeed heard his tale but truly she would rather not think that the humans up here believed one should be brought back from the dead.

"I don't believe it is the right path, vengeance causes violence and violence is always met with more violence and so on and so forth. Apart from the Tidecallers none of my people have ever communicated with the surface, I made sure to read up on my fellow champions when I was introduced to the League. "Personally I believe you should give up your quest before it causes any more pain."

Dear Urgot

12-16-2012

Quote:
Àsk Nami:
Nami tries her best to keep her face straight while speaking to Urgot, she had indeed heard his tale but truly she would rather not think that the humans up here believed one should be brought back from the dead.

"I don't believe it is the right path, vengeance causes violence and violence is always met with more violence and so on and so forth. Apart from the Tidecallers none of my people have ever communicated with the surface, I made sure to read up on my fellow champions when I was introduced to the League. "Personally I believe you should give up your quest before it causes any more pain."

*The look on his dead face showed that he was tiring of hearing this answer*

I see. *wheeze*

*he looks around some more, and sees a shark swim by*

What is that...*wheeze*...thing?

*he knew very little about life in the ocean, he hardly cared about life on the land*