Ask Nami, the Tidecaller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo the yordle

02-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fae Lulu View Post
Once they reached to the bottom of the pool, the bubble split into two, and encompassed both yordle's heads (with Lulu's hat). Lulu signalled Leo to be super quiet while she tried to sneak up on Nami.
Leo nodded in understanding, and tried to remain quiet. Though for him, the temptation to start jumping around gleefully in the bubble was almost too much. It wasn't every day that one was in a bubble underwater, after all.

Ask Nami

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the String View Post
Sona nodded, "i feared as much... Well I wish I could help you Nami, but I'm at a lost of what to do... I'm sorry."
Nami shook her head "There's no reason for you to apologize Sona, it's not like it's your fault."
Quote:
Originally Posted by AskGraves2 View Post
"Not for hours but now that you mentioned it I could have knocked on the door." -Graves scratches his head- "So may I visit the beautiful mermaid Nami for a bit I have to ask a favor of you."
Nami frowned "That depends what the favor is... but first I'll have to ask a favor of you." She leaned down to look at him "If you're going to come visit me at least have the decency to get my race right."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goau View Post
Yep. He felt that he had already made a fool of himself.

With a sigh, he nodded and looked around before taking a seat on the ground. He placed the small bag of fruit on his left leg and took out his journal before flipping through its pages. He then stopped on a page and took a pen from his pocket before looking back up to her with a smile. "Alright, and thank you in advance." He said, and then looked back down to the journal. "Do your people have their own language and method of writing, and did you have to learn how to speak, read, and write our language?" He asked.
"We do have our own Language yes, but because of previous Tidecaller's interactions with humans most Marai are capable of speaking human as well. That is to say, most of us aren't as fluent as I am. I made sure to study when I came here, but I still mess up my words and misunderstand people from time to time."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
"...N-Nami!" Lux exclaimed, swimming over. "I'm sorry!"
Nami whimpered "T-they take so long to grow back..." her lip quivered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeplaywithJINX View Post
Tess watched Nami's motion with admiration, amazed at how easily she moved through the water. Tess knew how to swim, of course, and she was fairly proficient at it, but she was sure that Nami would make her look like a drowning insect. Smiling, Tess stepped towards the glass.

"Hello! My name is Istess; I sent you a letter about meeting to discuss your magic. I was hoping we could talk, if you have the time?"
Nami smiled "Hello Istess! It's lovely to meet you in person." She bowed slightly. "I just hope I can help in whatever way I can."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the yordle View Post
Leo nodded in understanding, and tried to remain quiet. Though for him, the temptation to start jumping around gleefully in the bubble was almost too much. It wasn't every day that one was in a bubble underwater, after all.
Nami turned over once again in her sleep, curling up and then stretching.

AskGraves2

02-19-2014

"My apologies madam not too keen with races I see everyone one the same beautiful or heroic or stupid on some cases but I was wanting to know about your healing powers. Do you think that you can help my arm, Lissandra tried something but it was only short termed and it has gotten worst I try to hide the pain but its getting to the degree to where it almost passes me out."

AskGraves2

02-19-2014

"you're a Marai correct?"

Goau

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nami View Post
"We do have our own Language yes, but because of previous Tidecaller's interactions with humans most Marai are capable of speaking human as well. That is to say, most of us aren't as fluent as I am. I made sure to study when I came here, but I still mess up my words and misunderstand people from time to time."
Goau jotted something down in his journal before he looked back toward her and nodded. "I've heard that your people never set foot on land, but I guess it was really silly to think that meant your people lived solitary lives." He said. He knew that the Marai people chose a Tidecaller who then traded a pearl for a stone, but most of those details he didn't know.

He then looked back at his journal for a moment. "Have you considered asking those of the League to assist you and your people in fighting off your people's enemies? I believe they are called creatures of the abyss?" He asked. "Or just to help your people find a new home." He added.

"And, I'm sorry if that one is harmful. I just don't know why someone would live in a place of danger." He said apologetically.

Ask Nami

02-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskGraves2 View Post
"My apologies madam not too keen with races I see everyone one the same beautiful or heroic or stupid on some cases but I was wanting to know about your healing powers. Do you think that you can help my arm, Lissandra tried something but it was only short termed and it has gotten worst I try to hide the pain but its getting to the degree to where it almost passes me out."

"you're a Marai correct?"
"Yes I am." She nodded and then frowned "Graves... If Lissandra hurt you outside of the fields it's a serious problem." She shook her head "You should have notified the summoner immediately, you've been here longer than me you should know champions fighting for anything other than training is a big no no." She crossed her arms "Furthermore there's a medical wing, a whole area dedicated to keeping champions healthy, with doctors and nurses and big hextech machines and magic and all that stuff. I don't know how to heal ice wounds, ice isn't something I'm particularly well acquainted with in the first place."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goau View Post
Goau jotted something down in his journal before he looked back toward her and nodded. "I've heard that your people never set foot on land, but I guess it was really silly to think that meant your people lived solitary lives." He said. He knew that the Marai people chose a Tidecaller who then traded a pearl for a stone, but most of those details he didn't know.

He then looked back at his journal for a moment. "Have you considered asking those of the League to assist you and your people in fighting off your people's enemies? I believe they are called creatures of the abyss?" He asked. "Or just to help your people find a new home." He added.

"And, I'm sorry if that one is harmful. I just don't know why someone would live in a place of danger." He said apologetically.
Nami shook her head "Don't be sorry, I get asked these kinds of questions often." She nodded in assurance then continued.

"I have asked various champions and other people for help finding the moonstone but I don't believe getting direct help from then to fight off the creatures of the abyss would work. Not that I don't believe they are strong enough, I'm sure together we could fight them back but the problem is that my people live very deep in the ocean. It would take an immense amount of magic to get a good number of champions and summoners down there. Then there's the fact that the depth and pressure of the ocean is unlivable by humans to my knowledge, meaning more magic would need to be applied, plus magic to give the ability to breath and even more so the ability to swim while fighting, many champions fight with weapons like swords and axes or arrows, those are practically useless while fighting underwater."

She sighs and shakes her head "No, there's no way the council of equity would permit such a use of magic on such a grand scale while also risking the health and well being of their champions. and there's a few more issues with it but I think I've said enough of the subject." She rubs her head then gains a bit of an irritated look "Migrating my people would be fairly simple, for the most part we live lightly, we don't have big fancy houses apart from the palace. moving to a new home out of danger would be simple..." She shook her head "If my people weren't so attached to where we are living now. We've lived there since the beginning of our recorded history and far beyond that as well. While our numbers have grown and shrank over the decades it's always been our home and most believe it will always be our home, even if that means having to die there."

tiggersammy20

02-19-2014

Adjusting his tie, Ron walked down the institutes hallways wondering who to go and speak with first. Sighing he slumped against the wall I'll never complete my assignment if I don't at least try to talk to one of the champions. ugh Ron thought to himself. Looking around he noticed that he was near Nami's room Hmm I've hear really nice things about her. Maybe I could start with her. Grinning, Ron pushed off the wall and went to knock on her door when he realized that he didn't even have his camera much less a pencil and paper. Slapping his forehead Ron took off back the way he came and back to his bed room. Quickly grabbing his messenger bag he stuffed it with some paper from his desk, some pens and pencils, and the official letter from the institute. Glancing around the room, he located his camera, picking it up, Ron ran out of his room slamming the door on the way. Running through the institute, he made it back to in front of Nami's door, stopping he hunched over placing his hands on his knees taking deep breaths.

"Ugh, I hate running." He muttered to himself. Straightening up, Ron face palmed. You didn't have to run stupid. You have wings. Ugh I'm such an air head sometimes. Shaking his head, Ron raised his hand and knocked on the door.

Kaze no Yasuo

02-19-2014

A letter arrives to Nami, written in dark blue ink.

Quote:
To the Tidecaller,

I was wondering if it would be alright to visit you. I find myself with more free time that I feel comfortable with and I would like to talk to you about some miscellaneous topics, if that is alright with you.

I await your reply,
Yasuo

AskGraves2

02-20-2014

"No she calmed the pain in my arm for a while, and the medical wing can do nothing I have already tied that is why I am trying other sources to see if this will help. I know that your mastery of water might hold something, I am just trying everything until it kills me worst and I don't need to have a handicap when I am in battle or when I am out in Runterra."

Goau

02-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nami View Post
Nami shook her head "Don't be sorry, I get asked these kinds of questions often." She nodded in assurance then continued.

"I have asked various champions and other people for help finding the moonstone but I don't believe getting direct help from then to fight off the creatures of the abyss would work. Not that I don't believe they are strong enough, I'm sure together we could fight them back but the problem is that my people live very deep in the ocean. It would take an immense amount of magic to get a good number of champions and summoners down there. Then there's the fact that the depth and pressure of the ocean is unlivable by humans to my knowledge, meaning more magic would need to be applied, plus magic to give the ability to breath and even more so the ability to swim while fighting, many champions fight with weapons like swords and axes or arrows, those are practically useless while fighting underwater."

She sighs and shakes her head "No, there's no way the council of equity would permit such a use of magic on such a grand scale while also risking the health and well being of their champions. and there's a few more issues with it but I think I've said enough of the subject." She rubs her head then gains a bit of an irritated look "Migrating my people would be fairly simple, for the most part we live lightly, we don't have big fancy houses apart from the palace. moving to a new home out of danger would be simple..." She shook her head "If my people weren't so attached to where we are living now. We've lived there since the beginning of our recorded history and far beyond that as well. While our numbers have grown and shrank over the decades it's always been our home and most believe it will always be our home, even if that means having to die there."
Goau looked back and his journal and spoke as he wrote. "I know this may be a strange and unspeakable thought, but have you thought of asking Cho'Gath or Kog'Maw for aid?" He asked as he wrote.

When he finished, he looked back up to her. "I've actually become a friend to Cho'Gath, since I helped him into the Ask program, and I've learned that he's actually a nice g-g-go... shakes head a nice guy." He said. "Though speaking to him that first time has put me into therapy." He added.

The summoner had actually started out as a handler for Cho'Gath, but then that changed when the two of them became friends. While Goau still suffered some side-effects of Cho'Gath's Void-voice, it was nothing he couldn't handle. Slight stuttering when referring to the Voidborn, hearing voices that weren't there, and a few other things, but nothing serious or life threatening.