Ask Nami, the Tidecaller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

12-15-2012

Viktor appears before the tank, looking directly at the desk that seemed out of place in the otherwise oceanic set up.

".....You do realize that wood can be absolutely ruined by that amount of water, don't you?"

Heil Teemo

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk Nami View Post
"I know that humans sometimes keep fish as pets... I just don't understand why it is you're feeding me like I am one. I do not find it very humorous at all..."
Evelynn climbed down off of the later and leaned a bit closer to the front of the tank. "Would this be like hypocrisy for merfolk? I apologize then. Hm... I'll make it up to you by asking a question: Where did you get that lovely dress? It's like your scales combine with a plunging neckline! It's fabulous!"

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk Ryze View Post
"I see...I am also curious as to how exactly the 'moonstone' you speak of repels the monsters of your realm. Is it the light, or some other magical quality? If it is the light alone, I am sure a summoner could conjure up something equally bright with a longer duration." Ryze asked, jotting down her previous answer on a small scroll he had produced from his pocket.
Nami sighs "Sadly I don't actually know how the moonstone works specifically, and everyone who was alive when the old moonstone was obtained has since left this world. I know not how the moonstone repels the creatures but I assure you that I am trying to find other methods of saving my people should I fail at finding the moonstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor appears before the tank, looking directly at the desk that seemed out of place in the otherwise oceanic set up.

".....You do realize that wood can be absolutely ruined by that amount of water, don't you?"

"Yes, I've been told that but I wanted to fit in better on the surface and I heard that these were common in offices in which people did their work. So I decided that I should have one too!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Evelynn climbed down off of the later and leaned a bit closer to the front of the tank. "Would this be like hypocrisy for merfolk? I apologize then. Hm... I'll make it up to you by asking a question: Where did you get that lovely dress? It's like your scales combine with a plunging neckline! It's fabulous!"
"Firstly, we are not 'merfolk' we are Marai. merfolk are creatures thought of by sailors that closely resemble my species in some ways. Secondly I am not one to hold a grudge so I forgive you. Finally, the headdress, necklace and back piece along with my staff are all traditional pieces worn by many generations of past Tidecallers, they are a symbol of strength and courage for my people. I am not wearing a 'dress', anything besides these items is simply a part of my natural being."

Heil Teemo

12-16-2012

Quote:
"Firstly, we are not 'merfolk' we are Marai. merfolk are creatures thought of by sailors that closely resemble my species in some ways. Secondly I am not one to hold a grudge so I forgive you. Finally, the headdress, necklace and back piece along with my staff are all traditional pieces worn by many generations of past Tidecallers, they are a symbol of strength and courage for my people. I am not wearing a 'dress', anything besides these items is simply a part of my natural being."
"Right, Marai. Sorry. So besides this notably awful introduction, what do you think of me?"

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
"Right, Marai. Sorry. So besides this notably awful introduction, what do you think of me?"

"I don't believe I've spoken with you enough to really get an opinion on you... I've heard of you and from that I don't believe we would be good friends but I am not one to judge on rumours, if you show me that you are the kind of person I enjoy spending time with than I would gladly consider you a friend."

Ásk Ryze

12-16-2012

"How unfortunate..." Ryze took note of the Tidecaller's response. "For what it's worth, I have a large repository of arcane knowledge in my study. You may access it at your leisure. Perhaps you will find something useful."

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk Ryze View Post
"How unfortunate..." Ryze took note of the Tidecaller's response. "For what it's worth, I have a large repository of arcane knowledge in my study. You may access it at your leisure. Perhaps you will find something useful."

Nami smiles toward Ryze "Thank you." she bows once more. "I may do so in the future, and I thank you for your offer."

Heil Teemo

12-16-2012

Quote:
"I don't believe I've spoken with you enough to really get an opinion on you... I've heard of you and from that I don't believe we would be good friends but I am not one to judge on rumours, if you show me that you are the kind of person I enjoy spending time with than I would gladly consider you a friend."
"Was it how I try to bed everyone or how I'm a merciless, bloodthirsty assassin?" Evelynn looked somewhat apprehensive. "You might be disappointed by the truth of those rumors. Still, I've worked around that before. I'll try the same with you." Evelynn looked around the room for something -- anything -- that would legitimize her claim.

In a shadowed corner of the room, a few feet behind Nami's tank, was a metal locker. Evelynn opened it and discovered a number of cleaning supplies. Apparently, some janitor stored his tools here before the room was converted for Nami's sake. Out of ideas and not one to think things through, Evelynn grabbed a roll of paper towels and a bottle of Windex and returned to the front of Nami's tank. She squirted it twice and began to rub out a large oil smudge.

Àsk Nami

12-16-2012

Quote:
"Was it how I try to bed everyone or how I'm a merciless, bloodthirsty assassin?" Evelynn looked somewhat apprehensive. "You might be disappointed by the truth of those rumors. Still, I've worked around that before. I'll try the same with you." Evelynn looked around the room for something -- anything -- that would legitimize her claim.

In a shadowed corner of the room, a few feet behind Nami's tank, was a metal locker. Evelynn opened it and discovered a number of cleaning supplies. Apparently, some janitor stored his tools here before the room was converted for Nami's sake. Out of ideas and not one to think things through, Evelynn grabbed a roll of paper towels and a bottle of Windex and returned to the front of Nami's tank. She squirted it twice and began to rub out a large oil smudge.

"Both actually, and I'm sad to hear that..."
She watched as Eve made her way to the cleaning supplies and then actually began to clean the oil stain that had been bugging her.
"You don't need to do that Evelynn... I'm sure someone from the institute would have been around to clean it at some point... If you're trying to show that you can be a nice person remember that I said I would not judge based on what I've heard of someone. I will only judge you on your acts towards me and people I know. Yes we got off on the wrong fin but you've already apologized and I've already accepted that apology. You needn't do any more than be yourself. If we are going to be friends I want to be friends with the real you, if the real you is someone I cannot be friends with than so be it, it was not meant to be."

Ásk Ryze

12-16-2012

"You are welcome on both counts." Ryze replied, and ascended the staircase to return to his study.