Would you like to see a 'Blue side' Camera angle option while playing Purple?

Yes 184 80.70%
No 44 19.30%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Purple Camera Angle

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngelofTaint

12-15-2012

Hello, I am AngelofTaint, and I'm well aware that my skill in this game is worthless. I do not play Ranked, I have spent considerable time fighting Annie Bot, and my normal wins...

Yes well anyways:

Playing on Purple Team presents a challenge to me that I do not incur the wrath of while on blue.

Camera Angle.

When on bottom lane I find it extremely difficult to hit skill shots during chases, while also adjusting the camera angle. This has hit my Ezreal rather hard. Of course. with experience this might not become an issue, but nonetheless I was wondering how many people would be interested in some way to change the camera angle. It could be a video option that reverses the Camera angle while playing purple, or perhaps just reverses the angle regardless of team. I would not have a problem with going into options every game if it meant I could stay camera locked. This gives me much more reaction time while using my ability/Summoner spells

Please let me know what you think of this, but again, saying that I need to 'just deal with it'/'lern2plynob' is quite obvious to me.

Phil McGroin

12-15-2012

@Riot, hire this man

minorpains

12-16-2012

it would only make more sense to create an even more balanced playing field imo. It seems to me purple has somewhat a disadvantage while on purple team.

Why can't blue team camera angle be available for both sides, or simply have a rotatable camera angle?

first time Vayne

12-16-2012

Have you guys really never seen the myriad threads on this subject? It's simply impossible to do this.

Do you play with your cameras locked? If so, unlock them, and you will have no more trouble hitting your shots.

If not, then your disadvantage is purely psychological -- there is no innate advantage or disadvantage to either side of the SR map. People are just used to moving "up" and "to the right," which are the directions that Blue side is oriented in. Train yourself to get accustomed to Purple side, and you'll stop feeling the biases within a dozen games or so. Good luck.

th3xd3coy

12-16-2012

Actually there is a disadvantage as long as youre talking about specific lanes. The only way that they could possibly "fix" the issue at hand though, is to rotate purple sides view of the map 90 degrees clockwise and place the camera slightly behind your character. There is no way to mirror the map though, so you would still be coming from right to left, but you would have the straight away rather than having to fight someone on a 45 degree angle. The only problem would be that it would have to effect everyone on your team, the only other 2 that may have an issue with it would be mid lane and jungle. If you are really having a hard time with it, go top with your support. Change the meta and win top. You will now have the golem camp, the tri bush, a straight view, and the river bush will be in your ganking favor now.

AngelofTaint

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Have you guys really never seen the myriad threads on this subject? It's simply impossible to do this.

Do you play with your cameras locked? If so, unlock them, and you will have no more trouble hitting your shots.

If not, then your disadvantage is purely psychological -- there is no innate advantage or disadvantage to either side of the SR map. People are just used to moving "up" and "to the right," which are the directions that Blue side is oriented in. Train yourself to get accustomed to Purple side, and you'll stop feeling the biases within a dozen games or so. Good luck.
As I said, I do play with camera locked. There is little reason to take it off when playing solo top Blue. However, playing a skill shot ADC, like Ezreal, is difficult when you find yourself clicking the HUD due to having to scroll down.

Next time you play a game on purple look at the bottom turret. If you have to hold that turret off from multiple people and minions the camera cannot be locked, you simply cannot skill shot or even use Smart Casting when there is so little room to click. Of course, unlocking the camera makes sense. But why do I had to fiddle with the Camera, when I should be focused on playing. The same thing can be said of, again on purple team, pushing the first top tower. You are looking straight down at threats, where the least amount of space is.

Now, compare this to Blue team. Defending top tower? easy, you can see the beginning of the brush and the wall of the brush to the river with out unlocking the camera. How about attacking bottom tower? still easy as you can see beyond the tower with out any HUD elements like the map, items, and abilitys.

Again I will state, that with experience it will probably become less of a problem. however I feel this punishes new players, and gives a small advantage to new plays on blue vs purple. (Nerf Purple Caster Minions) I have 40 something wins (and probably 3 times that in losses, love that solo random que) and am level 30. I have played on purple team quite a bit and each time I feel under powered. How can I switch to top if we need a carry and everyone else has their lane set and locked? I am trying to be a team player, but I find that this actually makes it an issue for me in game.

tl;dr? I hate moving the Camera when I should be playing a game.

AJStarhiker

12-16-2012

Once you start playing with the camera unlocked, you really won't notice moving it. If you get 'lost', you can hit the spacebar to recenter the camera on your champion. I sometimes hold it down while running through the jungle so I can make sure I don't get an unwanted move path.

Personally, instead of changing the camera angles, I would suggest randomizing sides in bot matches. That would allow new players to learn both sides instead of conditioning them to blue side.

Treza

12-16-2012

or they could just have an adjustable camera like every other good game ever
seriously are people actually against an adjustable camera? idiots

heres a list of good games
games with adjustable cameras

this is 2012 stationary cameras are a thing of the past it should have been implemented from day 1

adc

12-16-2012

You guys really should stop downvoting people who have opinions different than yours. Save them for people who are being toxic. The people you've downvoted are contributing to the discussion and not being mean in any way - why downvote them?

That said, this has been beaten to death. If this were truly a problem, the high level players in the game would be complaining (beyond saying "oh we made all our strategies for blue side that's why we lost"). But they aren't, because they don't play with locked camera.

The problem with League is NOT purple versus blue side. The problem with League is the fact that locked camera exists.

Here's how to fix your problem with purple side:

Start playing custom games (or normals or co-op versus ai, whatever is comfortable). Play with your camera unlocked. Force yourself NOT to lock the camera all game. You may use F1 or spacebar to center your camera, but you are not allowed to sit with the camera locked on your champion if you're doing anything but running somewhere. If you're fighting mid, or you're laning, you can't lock your camera.

After 5-10 games, it'll start becoming second nature. After 50-100, you won't understand how you ever complained about purple side or you ever played with locked camera. You lose so much information from locked camera.

Here's a comparison:

Darius. Lots of people think Darius is OP. Why? Because they don't know how to play against him. Not because he's OP, but because they don't have the right playstyle. Same with Amumu, Blitzcrank, Shen, etc. None of them are overpowered (although they are strong heroes).

It's the same with the camera. You're complaining about it because you don't have the right playstyle.

AngelofTaint

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
You guys really should stop downvoting people who have opinions different than yours. Save them for people who are being toxic. The people you've downvoted are contributing to the discussion and not being mean in any way - why downvote them?

That said, this has been beaten to death. If this were truly a problem, the high level players in the game would be complaining (beyond saying "oh we made all our strategies for blue side that's why we lost"). But they aren't, because they don't play with locked camera.

The problem with League is NOT purple versus blue side. The problem with League is the fact that locked camera exists.

Here's how to fix your problem with purple side:

Start playing custom games (or normals or co-op versus ai, whatever is comfortable). Play with your camera unlocked. Force yourself NOT to lock the camera all game. You may use F1 or spacebar to center your camera, but you are not allowed to sit with the camera locked on your champion if you're doing anything but running somewhere. If you're fighting mid, or you're laning, you can't lock your camera.

After 5-10 games, it'll start becoming second nature. After 50-100, you won't understand how you ever complained about purple side or you ever played with locked camera. You lose so much information from locked camera.

Here's a comparison:

Darius. Lots of people think Darius is OP. Why? Because they don't know how to play against him. Not because he's OP, but because they don't have the right playstyle. Same with Amumu, Blitzcrank, Shen, etc. None of them are overpowered (although they are strong heroes).

It's the same with the camera. You're complaining about it because you don't have the right playstyle.
As I play darius and amumu and blitzcrank, they are op because of their abilitys - not because we can't click on them when trying to attack because the ability bar is in the way.

Blitz was banned during the championship because he can grab one person and take them out of the fight, and amumu for his ulti, and darius because his bleed+true damage ulti is near impossible to solo as anyone except tryn. Amumu is just slightly more useful then malphite, blitz ulti can grab from under a tower is kinda op...

and Darius... Every normal game has a Solo Top Darius....

and a Mid Katarina, but I digress

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...019392&page=57
^just found this thread, in it a Riot says they will not remove locked camera on first page.

playing on blue side with camera unlocked won't help because, the camera is not in the way of game play like it is in purple, therefore playing against bots is pointless. however the ip rewards for the time spent during custom and the fact that those bots are horrid means that, oh look playing that is pointless.

We are trained to play league on locked because the design of the game rewards it. Are we professional? no.
Ranked? not most of us.

we exist,
we are normal,
we just want to play a game with out fighting the interface.

12345 ... 6