Ask Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Morgana FA

12-16-2012

Xerath floats into Ryze's chamber, feeling the power off of the nearby magical objects around him.

"Greetings, thorn mage," Xerath exclaims in a rather harsh tone as he approaches Ryze, "I have always been curious, what is the true source of your magic?"

Dojel

12-16-2012

Ryze, they say that besides being a Thornmage and the protector of that scroll, you also are excellent at reading and perhaps even making runes and glyphs, is this true?

テ《k Ryze

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Magus View Post
Xerath floats into Ryze's chamber, feeling the power off of the nearby magical objects around him.

"Greetings, thorn mage," Xerath exclaims in a rather harsh tone as he approaches Ryze, "I have always been curious, what is the true source of your magic?"
Ryze nodded in greeting to the Magus Ascendant. "I draw upon the magical energy of Runeterra itself, along with my own mana, to fuel my magic. My tattoos act as a conduit for this energy. As a Thornmage, I have a much deeper connection to the ebb and flow of this world's magical energy than most. Yourself excluded, of course."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
Ryze, they say that besides being a Thornmage and the protector of that scroll, you also are excellent at reading and perhaps even making runes and glyphs, is this true?
Ryze nodded. "I do indeed enjoy reading, and I have dabbled in runecrafting before. Why do you ask?"

Pumpkin Raven

12-16-2012

A Summoner walks through the crowds to talk with the Rogue Mage. Ryze, i'm a friend of Maokai and he wonders if you're helping to turn him back into a tree? Also, if you say that the scroll you carry is an abomination, then why do you not destroy it for the betterment of mankind?

Ask Morgana FA

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by チsk Ryze View Post
Ryze nodded in greeting to the Magus Ascendant. "I draw upon the magical energy of Runeterra itself, along with my own mana, to fuel my magic. My tattoos act as a conduit for this energy. As a Thornmage, I have a much deeper connection to the ebb and flow of this world's magical energy than most. Yourself excluded, of course."
"I see," Xerath nods back, "So if I may ask, what makes it different that the other inferior magics some of these fools believe they control?"

テ《k Ryze

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Raven View Post
A Summoner walks through the crowds to talk with the Rogue Mage. Ryze, i'm a friend of Maokai and he wonders if you're helping to turn him back into a tree? Also, if you say that the scroll you carry is an abomination, then why do you not destroy it for the betterment of mankind?
"Well, Summoner, I would aid him if I knew how to do so. Unfortunately, I know no spell that can revert him to his original state without killing him outright." Ryze palmed his face after hearing the second part of the summoner's question. "Do you not think that, were it so easy to dispose of this scroll permanently, I would have done so long ago?"

Quote:
"I see," Xerath nods back, "So if I may ask, what makes it different that the other inferior magics some of these fools believe they control?"
"Other mages use their power like a sword. They train for years to have the knowledge to wield it, and discard it when a use for it cannot be found at the moment. As a Thorn Mage, I cannot discard my magic so easily, nor do I chose to. It is now as much a part of me as my very life's essence." Ryze responded.

Ask Morgana FA

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by チsk Ryze View Post
"Other mages use their power like a sword. They train for years to have the knowledge to wield it, and discard it when a use for it cannot be found at the moment. As a Thorn Mage, I cannot discard my magic so easily, nor do I chose to. It is now as much a part of me as my very life's essence." Ryze responded.

"I understand what you mean," Xerath states, "These other mortals have no real appreciation for what true power can do. You and I are not so different as one would suggest, Thorn Mage. One more thing: If you are truly apart of the magic that makes up this land, have you perhaps sensed areas of stronger power. I haven't been able to distinguish between these new magics since my incarceration."

テ《k Ryze

12-16-2012

Quote:
"I understand what you mean," Xerath states, "These other mortals have no real appreciation for what true power can do. You and I are not so different as one would suggest, Thorn Mage. One more thing: If you are truly apart of the magic that makes up this land, have you perhaps sensed areas of stronger power. I haven't been able to distinguish between these new magics since my incarceration."
Ryze stroked his beard, deep in thought. "...Yes, I suppose I have sensed places where great amounts of magic are concentrated. The Institute of War is one such example, as are the Shadow Isles and Icathia. However, I find it difficult to sense such power beyond close range; with the immense power radiating from the League itself, I find it much like searching for a candle's flame during the Sun's zenith."

The Angel Knight

12-16-2012

Kayle walked into Ryze's study, looking around at the different books and such as she began to stroll around "Tell me.. Ryze." Kayle said, still keeping her eyes on the various books "Have you studied anything on my race..?"

テ《k Ryze

12-16-2012

Ryze thought for a moment. "...I cannot say I know much of your race, beyond what you or Morgana have made public knowledge.... However, I do remember an old tale or two that made mention of winged humans." Ryze shrugged. "They could be members of your kind. They could be twisted humans resulting from misuse of magic, as we have seen the wild magics of this world do far stranger things than give a man wings." His thoughts drifted to Maokai and Rammus.