Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you play Olaf???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crisisun

10-14-2010

When i play olaf i play him this way
jungle is good yes but not that nessesary you can lane easily with olaf and you can own every1 in the first 5 min

item= -Frozen mallet
-Phantom dancer
-Boots of swiftness
-Warmogs
-atma's impaler
-infinity edge

My rune are : Marks of malice x9
Glyph and Seal of Alacirity x18
Quint of crit damage x3

I tell you if u cant pwn everybody even tanks and tryndamere feeded with that then you shouldnt play olaf, before saiying that my build suck go try it

dont forget your core build is Frozen mallet, boots of switfness and Phantom with that you can strike strong and fast believe me

BestBirdJesusNa

10-14-2010

lol i know this is gonna sound ******ed but i got bored and did this one build i just kinda came up with as i was going (i started out jungling), started off with cloth armor 5 hp pots yada yada yada, managed to gank some pple ended up at the end with madreds, malady, sword of the divine, zerker boots, starks and a black cleaver, while it didnt have much survivability if all 5 nuked me i was able to take on their team 3v1 due to all the lifesteal+viscious strikes, true while that build doesnt have much AD, it negates any armor they have, he also has max attack speed(2.5atks a second) at full health thereby making full use of malady, madreds, sword of the divine and all of there procs heal him from vicious strikes.

Swolegantor

10-15-2010

Quote:
LoveYuRi:
It depends on you.
If you jungle, W is the skill to start off with
If you lane start with Q (undertow) then get E(some lighting thing) then Get Q and at lvl 4 then you get W

Anyway, Olaf to me is one of the most Op charcter i seen...
E does 100 damage at lvl 1 and at lvl 5 it does 340 damage and only have a C/D or 3-4 seconds...
Then Q at lvl 5 has a damage of 255+Ap damage Then it has a 10 C/d at lvl 1 and stays at 10 but everytime you pick it up, it decrease 6 seconds.
W= hacks at lvl 5, each attack does around 250 damage for an autoattack :O

Soo if you tie all this up
-----> ULT+Ghost+E+W+Q+E
=death
E already does 340+255(ap can make it more)=600 life and thats is in like 1-2 seconds
active W for life steal and increase attack speed +damage =250 for every auto attack
5 seconds =1k hp? then within4 more seconds both your skills are free again and you can spam an extra 600 damage in 2 seconds

Soo in 10 seconds they be death if they dont run

basing this off lvl 18 and when you fight tankers. If you fight people besides tankers... they die in like 5 seconds.

Olaf has 0 ap ratios.

Learn about a champion before talking with such authority about them.

also you dont pop your ult before ghost. You wait as long as possible to pop your ult.

You also always open with Q....

Eddy01741

10-15-2010

Why are people advocating going for bloodrazor on Olaf? Olaf's ultimate passively gives Olaf armor penetration, investing in a bloodrazor is a waste since you won't be using armor pen for the magic damage.

Wriggles.... is okay, but really, two dorans blades can handle the jungle.

Covenant

Recruiter

10-15-2010

Quote:
Eddy01741:
Why are people advocating going for bloodrazor on Olaf? Olaf's ultimate passively gives Olaf armor penetration, investing in a bloodrazor is a waste since you won't be using armor pen for the magic damage.

Wriggles.... is okay, but really, two dorans blades can handle the jungle.

You really want to know? Okay, let's do some math:

Let's assume a tanky Olaf build with these as his 6.5k Gold core tank items:
Randuin's Omen
Banshee's Veil
Berserker Greaves

Then on top of this he'll have picked up some other items for luxury. Let us assume one Olaf had two Doran's Swords, sold one to make room for Phage, and then gets Infinity Edge. This build has no free item slots for wards, but he's totally sure he's too awesome to need those. His expected 5 Second Damage Output is calculated at 1905, all physical, including some crits of course.

While my guy has a Bloodrazor and a Reverie, a stupid little item that gets me some CDR that his build doesn't have, as well as a speed-up button that lets me init better, but let's just look at damage. 1173 over 5 seconds. Hah! Clearly a victory for the first? Yeah, no, not so much. This doesn't figure in Bloodrazor proc yet. My build gets 7.975 attacks per that 5 seconds. Let's assume a target with 2.75k HP for a moment, like a Xin who a Frozen Mallet. That means we add 110 damage times, and just to be clean, round that up to 8 attacks. Adding 880 more damage (8 attacks at +110 bonus) means my output is 2053 for 5 seconds, 150 more than the Infinity Edge build.

Hitpoints are basically the same, yet my build has a speed buff that helps the whole team, higher sustainable DPS on average and much higher against tanks, and notably I've got an item space free as well. And that's against the Infinity Edge, the best physical attack booster in the game.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't benefit from the 30 ArPen from your ult, it does so much and it scales so well that it's basically irrelevant.

If you've got a tanky build that is as powerful early, mid and late as a Razor Jungler can be, post it. Let's discuss. Instead of just maligning a choice because you don't understand it or are banking on one aspect of one skill you only get for 8 seconds every 100 (or 60 on my build), let's work together to figure out how best to play this Viking. I think Razor, while overkill, makes him an incredible jungler who can control buffs even against Warwick and Shaco. This 2x Doran's Swords stuff is just nonsense.

You either have to start with a sword, and be slow, and then buy another one later, or start off with a normal fast jungle build and buy two of them later. Doran's Sword is just not good enough of a jungle booster to make it worth the opportunity cost of not having the armor and extra potions.