[Champion Concept] Grandmaster Rayner Ravencrest, The Arcane Blitzer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seruph

12-15-2012

12-17-12 added pencil sketch, added base stats, edited abilities (TY Anachronity for your suggestions)
12-16-12 added new concept sketch

Lore:

When an individual is gifted in a field of study. One usually seeks guidance to develop their gift into a refined discipline. For those especially attuned to magic, they seek guidance from the masters of arcane, at the academy of magic.

For those gifted enough, they gain the special privilege to learn directly from the Grandmaster of combative arcane manipulation. Rayner Ravencrest. One student had the rare privilege but gave it up for adventure. Rayner has mastered the art of the the arcane shield. Or as he calls it, "The Arcane Bullet." An extremely difficult weapon to wield but matchless in its effectiveness in combat.

Rayner sits number 3 in a group of four masters that guide the school, lead by the Grand Davina Maya Silverlight. Besides Guiding the gifted. They also Protect the unknowing from the monstrosities and rampant misuse of magic from Zaun. Since the arrival of Urgot to the league the arcane council has been watching the league very closely and has decided it is finally time to send in one of their own to quell the ever growing number of horrors coming from Zaun. Maya charged Rayner with the task of administering the arcane bullet to return justice to the league, and see what has become of the former prodigy Ezreal the one they hope to lead the council in the future.

Many have wanted to learn from the Grandmaster, Now they will see first hand what the title grandmaster means.

" I couldn't teach that boy a damn thing in class, Maybe i'll learn him something yet" Rayner.

Base Stats:
Damage 50(+3.3/ per level)
Health 400(+85/ per level)
Mana 220(+48/ per level)
Move Speed 345
Armor 10(+4.2/ per level)
Spell Block 32(+0/ per level)
Health Regen 5.8(+.60/ per level)
Mana regen 4.9(+ 5.4/ per level)

Abilities:

Passive:

Attachment 575787Arcane affinity: Every time an ability hits a champion Rayner gains bonus AP and mana regen, maxing out at 6 stacks. For 10 seconds.

For Levels 1-6 he gains 2 AP and 5% mana regen per stack
7-12 4 AP and 6% mana regen per stack
12-18 6 AP and 7% mana regen per stack

Q;

Attachment 575793Bullet Kick:

Rayner kicks the Arcane shield in a direction. if it hits an enemy champion it can be rebounded with a second activate within 1.5 seconds that can be kicked onto the same champion on the shields return to Rayner.

Bullet kick deals 25/70/110/177/215(+.70AP) magic damage when it hits an enemy champion. If the attack is rebounded it deals .50/.55/.60/.65/.70 % of the first hit.

Cost: 40/65/80/95/110 mana 75% for rebound activate.
Range 1250
Cool Down: 9/7.6/6.1/5.0/4.3 seconds

W:

Attachment 575794Arcane Defense:

Rayner spins the shield around him Blocking the first ability directed at him or an ally for 3 seconds (excluding AoE) Increasing armor and mag resist for 5 seconds (armor and mag resist are contingent on an ability being blocked, if no ability is blocked half mana is restored and cooldown is cut by .50%)

Rayner gains 10/17/25/32/40(+7%AP) armor and 12/19/27/34/42(+8%AP) mag resist.

Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 mana
Range: 600
Cool Down: 25/21/18/16/14 seconds

E;

Attachment 575790Spiked Bullet:

Rayner throws the shield into the air. and spikes it into the ground slowing those in the area it lands in. If it lands on an enemy champion. It can be rebounded with a flip kick that will knock back that champion on its return within 1.5 seconds.

Spiked Bullet deals 45/90/135/185/225(+.30AP) magic damage slowing enemy champions by 25/30/35/40/45%

Cost: 70/85/100/115/130 Mana
Range: 900
Cool down: 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds

R:

Attachment 575789Arcane Velocity:

Rayner charges for 1 second, throws the Shield into the air. flip spins sideways and kicks the shield with maximum force. It will crash through enemy champions cutting the magic resist of enemies hit by the shield (knocking them back) for 4 seconds.
Rank 1 grants 2 stacks of passive
Rank 2 grants 4 stacks of passive
Rank 3 grants 6 stacks of passive

Arcane Velocity Deals 250/350/450(+.75AP) magic damage. Cutting magic resist by .25/.33/.42% for 4 seconds.
Cost: 100/125/150 mana
Range: 2500
Cool Down: 150/125/100 seconds

This Champion was inspired by guile from street fighter, Yamcha, from dragon ball z, and asuma from naruto. If you would like an idea of how it would look for him to fight with the shield go to this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exMmixM3b3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmk1iStpovo

Shaolin soccer awesome movie!

Graize

12-15-2012

FRICKEN SWEET IDEA! Riot better not steal this idea and not give credit....

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

" I couldn't teach that boy a damn thing in class, Maybe i'll learn him something yet"

This is priceless.

as for his design he doesnt have any hard CC or escape like other mages so he should get a 2nd passive with one of his skills.

His shield spell for instance could passivly increase movement speed or give a bonus to armor and magic resist to make him an ap bruiser like morde.

Cool concept, I do love his ult it sounds like it would cause a panic moment worse than a lux lazer lol.

Norren

12-16-2012

That soccer kick kind of reminds me of Ahri, but I definitely like the lore.

I also like the passive. Recently it's been "Every Xth attack has X bonus damage." This IS something special.

Norren

12-16-2012

That soccer kick kind of reminds me of Ahri, but I like the lore.

I also REALLY like the passive. Recently it's been a lot of "Every Xth attack has X bonus damage." This passive IS something special.

Seruph

12-16-2012

Thanks I appreciate it. I will try to add more to the lore and abilities as i find time. This champ is kind of near and dear for me. Its a compilation of a lot of my favorite heroes.

Seruph

12-16-2012

Could any one post how to add ability icons?

Seruph

12-16-2012

nvm figured it out lol

Anachronity

12-16-2012

Sounds fairly cool, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean with those rebound abilities.

The passive suddenly triples in effectiveness at level 12? That's sort of odd. I would go with something like 3/6/9/12 at 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16+, respectively. The passive is fine otherwise. "Every time an ability hits a champion" is pretty vague. Does this trigger off of ally's abilities? Does this trigger off of enemy abilities? Or is it only Rayner's abilities?

You should be careful with making armor/mres-granting abilities scale with AP, but in this case it seems reasonable since it only affects himself and he doesn't have any other crazy abilities.

The ultimate doesn't look very... ultimate. What does "cutting the magic resist" mean? Does it remove all of their magic resist, or did you just not include a number yet? If it has a 1-second chargeup it should do something a little more impressive since I can't imagine the AoE being very wide. The AP ratio isn't even that great.

Seruph

12-16-2012

I see, as far as rebounding goes think of it like lee sins subsequent activates. just in the duration it would take for the shield to return. more of just an animation thing.
I suppose spreading out the passive would make some sense, good suggestion.

What would you do differently with the ultimate? I'm open to any suggestion. I mainly champ suggest to work on drawing I'm not any authority in anyway on good move making or balancing.

As far as the AP ratio I mirrored lux's stats.